Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent job grazie

Comment

I really appreciate that the author fills in some of the details of Oscar's early career. I'd still like to read more about his years as a teenager playing for clubs in Brazil.

This guy, Oscar, is still, in my opinion, one of the top basketball players of all time (Magic, Oscar Robertson, Sabonis, Kareem, Oscar Schmidt, not necessarily in any order).
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I have is autobiography, but my Portuguese is shaky at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          I have is autobiography, but my Portuguese is shaky at best.
          Wait...he has an autobiography!? Are you serious? That's awesome! I don't know Portuguese, but I'd love to see it.
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Yep, it's titled "Dom Talento? Balela.."

Lot's of pictures and written mostly by Oscar himself

Comment

Thanks so much, Duncan. I've searched on the internet and can't find anywhere where I can buy it. It looks like there is a copy at a library way out in California. I'm going to call my library and see if they can get it for me. (For those of you who don't know, one of the greatest things about America is our library system...you can get any book from just about any library in the entire country).

If you know where I can find a copy, let me know! He's my basketball idol, so I want to learn about him!!

Comment

Try sending an email to his website contact.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                  Thanks so much, Duncan. I've searched on the internet and can't find anywhere where I can buy it. It looks like there is a copy at a library way out in California. I'm going to call my library and see if they can get it for me. (For those of you who don't know, one of the greatest things about America is our library system...you can get any book from just about any library in the entire country).

If you know where I can find a copy, let me know! He's my basketball idol, so I want to learn about him!!
                  I have a copy myself.

I Just made a search in the brazilian libraries and there is only one used copy for sale in the whole country for 25 R$, which is 15 USD or so.

Comment

Great thread of one of the best players in the history of the FIBA basketball. I'll follow you.
                    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
                    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Thanks, Duncan. I'll try that.
                      Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
                      I have a copy myself.

I Just made a search in the brazilian libraries and there is only one used copy for sale in the whole country for 25 R$, which is 15 USD or so.
                      Man! They need to print some more copies!

Comment

myblair- I hear ya! I am lucky to have an autographed copy. Oscar and Larry Bird were my all time idols growing up. Not seeing a lot of Oscar's games even made his game even more "mysterious" if you will.

Good luck in getting a copy!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          myblair- I hear ya! I am lucky to have an autographed copy.
                          As if I weren't jealous enough...

Comment

Oscar was a great player, no doubt! But I don't like him personaly...He talks to much in my view!

Comment

he seems like a great guy to me, outspoken yes, but sincere and honest.

Comment

Óscar has been inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame. Long overdue.
                                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information