Slo players abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slo players abroad

It's a bit late, but i think they deserve this topic, some less some more....

Nachbar is finally having his breakout season with the Nets people were expecting for so long. Eventhough with Jefferson's return, his minutes will likely go down, no matter his performance, but at least he confirmed his talent from Benneton days with some nice higlights lately. NT could certanly use him this summer...

Matjaž Smodiš was voted for El february MVP. A well deserved recognition imo. He was overlooked in the last years top16 when he might have deserve such an award as well...

Udrih seems to be behind Vaughn permanently now. Time for him to change the club finally imho...
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Sani's fanmail on EL.net

Lorbek has been doing a pretty good job in Roma, so far averaging 17 points and 6 rebounds for them. It seems he really likes playing under his old Climamio coach Repeša. I don't think Unicaja will try to keep him, so Roma might just have a chance in buyouting him after this season...

Nachbar again with the dunk of the night
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Nachbar on his role in Koper, for SI.com

Comment

Well not a star, but he's definitely a Slo abroad. Marko Antonijevič playing for LCB's CAB Madeira is averaging 10.7 ppg + 4.1 apg + 1.9 spg in 29 mpg.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
          Well not a star, but he's definitely a Slo abroad. Marko Antonijevič playing for LCB's CAB Madeira is averaging 10.7 ppg + 4.1 apg + 1.9 spg in 29 mpg.
          Antonijevic is not a star in Portugal? That's a pitty

BTW, who are considered best players in Portugal and biggest stars?
          "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
            Antonijevic is not a star in Portugal? That's a pitty

BTW, who are considered best players in Portugal and biggest stars?
            Well he's a nice and somewhat reliable player, but not a star.

The best Portuguese players playing in Portugal are imo Nuno Marçal, Diogo Carreira, Filipe da Silva, Jaime Silva, Miguel Minhava, Rodrigo Mascarenhas and Élvis Évora. Best foreigners imo are João Gomes (he has double nationality, Portuguese and Cape Verdian), Ike Nwankwo, Ashante Johnson, Eric Sandrin, Nick Neumann, Ricky Woods and Cortney Scott.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Lakovič's decisive triple vs. Tau
              ziv posted it in spanish forum...

Comment

Who is she Dragisa wife

Comment

Rizvic in Wroclaw
                  Hasan Rizvic sign one year contract with Asco Slask Wroclaw for season 2007/2008.
                  Rizvic is Slovenian center. Last season he started in Olimpija Lublana where he averaged 7.0 ppg. and 4.5 rpg. He had also a opportunity to play in the Euroleague - 4.0 ppg. and 4.6 rpg. But after some months, in February 2007 he broke off with Olimpija and moved to Bosnia and Herzegovina to the Bosnia Sarajevo team. He should be starting five center in Wroclaw.

Comment

maybe i missed it - but what's going on with Goran Dragic after an excelent championship? as far as i recall he's under contract with TAU but i don't see his name in their stats? any rumors regarding him? will he comeback to Murcia?

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                      maybe i missed it - but what's going on with Goran Dragic after an excelent championship? as far as i recall he's under contract with TAU but i don't see his name in their stats? any rumors regarding him? will he comeback to Murcia?
                      It was all agreed that he comes to Olimpija before the EC, of course wih the performances he put up there, suddenly Tau has some second doubts. Olimpija's GM was expecting a call for whole week, while now both sides are really tired of waiting and Olimpija is saying they'll be searching for another PG unless this is solved untill the end of he week. Sevilla is mentioned as well, while Tau management weren't happy with Murcia...
                      On the other hand, the Dragič case (still bragging from last year when he was stolen from Slovan) went to primary court again, Slovan won the apeal and Tau might actually have to pay 700-800.000 € for him to Slovan, unlike the ridiciolous ammount of 25.000 € which made me hate the organisation... In case they don't I guess he is again Slovan's player, but considering our court's average speed this won't get solved anytime soon.

Comment

so while you're at it - is Zupan all cleared to play? both his contractual status and phisical? and how's ozbolt? training at least?

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                          so while you're at it - is Zupan all cleared to play? both his contractual status and phisical? and how's ozbolt? training at least?
                          Zupan is cleared to play, unlike Dragič's case Slovan was winning it on court and Zupan was forbidden to play for Olimpija the very day the euroleague started ( won't go into conspiracy theories), but later both clubs worked things out, including the buyout, which isn't that surprising considering ex-Slovan GM Rajgelj switched to same position in Olimpija this season. However I don't know the details, since Olimpija's management is very misterious lately.

Ožbolt will supposedly be back in january (?), club owes/owed (?) to him all salaries for last season, Olimpija claims they're working things out, while Ožbolt is more or less quiet. Beside that with a manager like Mira Polja you never know what'll happen...
                          as far as I know he isn't training with the team yet.

Comment

According to Anwil Wloclawek official site Zelimir Zagorac is a new player there. I saw him a few times in the past, I like him, but isn't he a Power Forward mostly? If yes, I don't know why Anwil is signing him and what role he will have in their rotation.
                            Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by woma
                              According to Anwil Wloclawek official site Zelimir Zagorac is a new player there. I saw him a few times in the past, I like him, but isn't he a Power Forward mostly? If yes, I don't know why Anwil is signing him and what role he will have in their rotation.
                              He is a PF, but can play few minutes also on SF and C if needed. But he is a bit too slow on SF and too short for C.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information