No announcement yet.

Slo players abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the NBA season is almost over, and its time to take a look back.
    Do you guys think Dragic made the right choice going to thr NBA insted of staying in Europe and playing for TAU?
    I think he did. Just look at Barac for example, he is a good young prospect but got very little playing time in TAU, where as Dragic got a lot of chances and is still getting a lot of chances near the end of the season.
    My homage to The heroes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

• Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
      So the NBA season is almost over, and its time to take a look back.
      Do you guys think Dragic made the right choice going to thr NBA insted of staying in Europe and playing for TAU?
      I think he did. Just look at Barac for example, he is a good young prospect but got very little playing time in TAU, where as Dragic got a lot of chances and is still getting a lot of chances near the end of the season.
      Yes, I also think he made the right choice, but that's just my opinion after the season is almost over. Typically a European rookie doesn't get many minutes.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

• Well, I really don't know. As Rik said, international players tend not to get a lot of minutes their first year. Dragic was not an exception. He averaged about 13 minutes per game; however, a glance at his game log shows that he got a lot of minutes at the end of the season and his minutes seem to have gone up after Diaw and Bell left (about January 31). He put together a lot of 12 point games, but maintained a dismal shooting percentage (40%).

Compared to Jose Calderon, who averaged 5 points in 20 minutes his rookie year, and considering he is a rookie PG, I'd say his season was pretty succesful. He played behind Steve Nash and Leandro Barbosa, two premier PGs, and still managed to get some good numbers.

A step above Calderon is Tony Parker, who averaged 9 points, 4 assists in 30 minutes per game his rookie year.

So, I think it's reasonable to say that Dragic played well given 13 minutes per game.

Whether or not he could've played that much behind Prigioni and Rakočević is unclear. Personally, I don't think he would've played more than 13 minutes per game; certainly not in EL competition.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Dragic already showed some skills... But, if you repair, he has a lack of confidence (I don't know why) and that is expressed in number of turnovers (1,35 in 13 minutes per game). If he solves his confidence problems, he can be a good role player...

Vujacic did a good game yesterday: 15 points (6-8 FG's; 3-4 3PT's) in 21 minutes...
          Last edited by rikhardur; 04-15-2009, 06:52 PM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts
          Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• After Willie Solomon's return, Gasper Vidmar has become the sixth foreign player at Fenerbahce's roster and he will most probably not play at the remaining games of the regular season and Playoffs because of the foreign player limit, which is limited to 5 at the domestic competitions in Turkey. I also don't think that he will be able to get a chance next season. He is a talented, hard working and good natured player but may be moving to Turkey so early was not the best decision for him. I hope he can get a better chance for his development and future…
            Blog

Comment

• E. Lorbek's first game in ACB for Barcelona: 15 pts + 7 rebs + 3 assists + 1 steal. Barça won.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

• Erazem Lorbek, pianist of Palau

Don't miss the link to the video there!
                My Youtube channel

Comment

• Actually, all Lorbek brothers (Erazem, Domen and Klemen) play piano very good. All of them have a degree from lower musical school.

The most successfull one was Domen who played/studied piano for 11 years and was thinking of enrolling to higher musical school but at the end decided to go with basketball.

Comment

• Today Nachbar was on fire... Efes Pilsen beat Fenerbahce Ulker 80-67, and Nachbar scored 13 points in the last quarter. He finished with 15 points, 3 rebounds, 1 asist, 3 turnovers. He played as pf.

Comment

• Don't know the states but from watching the game Beno Udrih played well tonight in the victory @Utha Jazz.

He was even more brilliant at the other victory of the Kings against Memphis having 15 points and I think 6 assist, including big plays in the end of 4th quarter and at the overtime.
                      My Youtube channel

Comment

• Not on the same level as most of the guys mentioned here but Miha Zupan has been instrumental in AS Trikala 2000's battle to avoid relegation this season.
                        His stats (26mpg, 11.1ppg, 61.8%2pts, 35.9%3pts, 68.2%fts, 4.3rpg, 1.7apg, 0.5bpg, 0.4stpg) though decent are not spectacular.
                        What matters the most imo however is the guy's sense of commitment and professionalism,playing for a club plagued by financial problems and player-management
                        frequent changes.
                        The truth is that Miha is the leader of his team,always giving 100% and trying to help his teammates, at least on a psychological level.
                        Clearly one of my favorite players in this years' A1.

Comment

• Forward Saša Mučič has been released by Anwil Włocławek.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

• Mocnik had a great game in Greece - Nov 21, 2010 (by Matej Bergant)
                            Slovenian Jure Mocnik (185-G-85, Agency: ProStep Sports Agency) had a great performance in Greek League yesterday. His team DASH Peristeri made a remarkable upset against Aris Thessaloniki and he led his team in final index ranking. He scored 11 points with 3/3 from the field and also collected 3 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. He had an index ranking of 21, which was the highest of this game. His team DASH Peristeri is currently a pleasant surprise of Greek League with 3 wins and only 2 defeats.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

• Sasha Vujačić has been traded to the New Jersey Nets.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

• Two more Slos abroad: Luka Marolt in Jämtland (Sweden) and Željko Zagorac in Prostějov (Czech Republic).
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information