Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
    FIBA is funny.

On U16 EC, Turkey ended as third and still had two players in ideal five of the tournament(Bitim, Duran). And that was unfair.

Now Turkey played in the final and not a single player in ideal five. That's kinda unfair too
    FIBA is not the authority. This tournament five is voted by the registered journalists. I think that the all-tournament five is fair. Last year Duran and Bitim were the dominant names who had shouldered the team in every aspect, in fact, none of the Turkish players managed to come into prominence this year when it comes to stats sheet.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopscoop View Post
      So Carlo, You are not so impressed with the US guards? Sexton was scoring 30 pts/game this spring at the Nike EYBL. This league has basically 70 % of the best 16-17 year old kids in the world playing in and Collin was simply irresistible on a level much higher than the WCs.
      Can't understand your point. I'm just saying:

1) Sexton was a new entry in respect of the former US U16 group, right? And for sure a much better choice.
      2) When announced as MVP, he looked (to my view) somewhat surprised
      3) Who the hell could be so blind or idiot not be impressed by US guards??? Imo also Trent would have deserved the All-Tournament recognition

Comment

• US U16/17 aggregate record is now 50-0 (30-0 in four WCs), achieved under coach Don Showalter.

Comment

• USA was too damn good, I just watched the first quarter of their games and got bored. Didn't even watch much of the final. The players are awesome, team is good, coach is legit. Kind of boring to be honest.

It would've been nice to see Canada make it to the final, those players know the Americans well and it would've been a fun game. USA probably still wins because they are just so deep.

Musa was amazing to watch, I think he'll be a star.

Benson Lin from Taiwan looked to have some quality as well, it'd be nice to see him secure a D1 scholarship to a decent school.

Pons can really fly! Holy he had the block and dunks of the tournament I think
          We The North

Comment

• Looking at tournament's cumulative stats, it's impressive how balanced was US performance as a team with seven players scoring in double-digits, led by Sexton, who also finished as US top passer. Howard excelled in 3-pt shooting, Gordon hit an amazing 72% FG2 (if he only could shoot FT better!), while Troy Brown was nearly perfect with 17/18 FT. All three finished among the top individual leaders.

Musa was of course the tournament's top scorer with 34 ppg, by far a new record in U17 WC history.

Among the youngest talents, top prospect was imo Barrett.

Comment

• Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
              Benson Lin from Taiwan looked to have some quality as well, it'd be nice to see him secure a D1 scholarship to a decent school.
              He could be the successor to Lin Chih-chieh as the star player of Taiwan.
              Originally posted by gideon
              Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information