Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handball discussions

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
    I doubt that Croats would show up in a handball game if Croatia were not playing either.

And they don't watch Cedevita because they almost never win.
    Croatia hosted handball world cup 2009. Plenty of Croats who watched Korea vs Slovakia, etc, in Zagreb. And every match Croatia playd 15.000. Split too. Today half emty arena when host plays, same against you. This sucks very bad.

Josko, is not only RK Zagreb. Croatia Handball NT is 10 time more popular than RK Zagreb. But not many care about the basketball NT. And still they are at least top 6 nation in europe.
    FAMILY AERODROM

Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
    Croatia hosted handball world cup 2009. Plenty of Croats who watched Korea vs Slovakia, etc, in Zagreb. And every match Croatia playd 15.000. Split too. Today half emty arena when host plays, same against you. This sucks very bad.

Josko, is not only RK Zagreb. Croatia Handball NT is 10 time more popular than RK Zagreb. But not many care about the basketball NT. And still they are at least top 6 nation in europe.
    Well, regarding the popularity of handball... nothing against the sport, I watch a game now and than, just that...
    Out of 10, 20 max. kids I knew practicing handball in my youth, 2 of them made it to some of the top european clubs (Brumen, Natek)
    Out of countless kids, spending so much time on outside basketball courts or in the gym that their own mothers had troubles recognising them... 1 is a really good streetballer, 2-3 got to ncaa div II, many more refused to move there, 2-3 might had some limited roles in 1st Slovenian league and most of them have their memories when they did good against some of the bball players that made it to euroleague, NBA or ABA level. It's barely a comparison.

If handball would achieve such frenzy in Zagreb and so much kids playing it as bball does in Dalmatia nevermind the difficulties basketball has over there, I think they would easily raise so much talent they wouldn't end up in the quarterfinals of World championship this year, just like Slovenia did (I know we've got an overall worse team than Croats). And God knows that Slovenian handball talent pool is extremely limited and yet we're making it to the top 4-8 teams in the world without handball being even close to bball in popularity. How can that translate to handball being that much more popular in Croatia, yet without the results showing that. I don't believe Slovenians are some sport ubermensch to have some secret edge there.

edit: damn, as a mod i'm shitting on the georgia-greece topic :S moving posts into a separate thread
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Natek play in Magdeburg Germany, Bruman as a matter of fact plays in Macedonia with Vardar. A rich Russian dude invest a lot of money in the club since 2 yers ago (They have 8.000.000 euro budget) OMG I would love to see that money in MZT insteed we would win ABA and make EL. Slovenia are prity much up and down in handball, every now and than they miss to qualify, but in Basketball, did they ever miss it onece ?.

Slovenia has a very good handball school and the league aint that bad, maybe not as good as it used to be but still good. Celje, Goranje, Maribor solid teams. You also used to have Koper.

Celje is a handball icon in europe. Also have a nice arena Zlatorog. Handball have its popularity too in Slovenia, not as much as basketball but still.

And ye, Slovenians arecrazy sometime. Only 300 hockey players registered and still play world cup. And Anze Kopitar NHL.
      FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Not trying to take anything away from them, they're ambitious and keep on working with limited funds. Our handball clubs are doing great thanks to the effort of many people and they deserve respect for that. Just saying that Celje, where handball actualy is a no.1 sport (no place else imo), carries by far biggest load of talent production we have, some small clubs are doing a good job as well, however it takes 5-10 times more youth playing basketball for someone that makes it in that sport by my observation.

I've noticed Vardar is strong in ECH, didn't know Brumen is playing there
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information