No announcement yet.

Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People here are so defensive and takes everyting personally. Thats generall Lithuanian habbit I Guess. You yourself said, that he hasnt averaged more assist before than now in Rytas. I just reminded you that its eurocup not euroleague. I Guess you knew that.

Comment

• That has nothing to do with Lithuanian or any other habbit. "A good Eurocup Level player, but nothing more" - is just not about Logan. The fact that he hadn't averaged so many assists before doesn't make him only Eurocup level player. It's nonsense logically and in terms of basketball.
      Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 12-06-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Yeah. But its logical to compare his stats in eurocup vs euroleague...

Comment

• I think we sort of got used to that and yet ...another shuffle in lrytas ,which by no means comes as a surprise . Or is it ? Pacesa is out /Kurtinaitis is in . As i said before , I became quite fond of Pacesa . He is a character that you do not find many nowadays . I like the fact that he really tried to change things around in the club and was quite brutal in doing so . In some of the games i watched lrytas was really decent and entertaining (Eurocup particularly ) . I think loosing to Hapoel at home after being in front by 20 ,that was the game that was decisive for him. Jhe never recovered after that .Plus ,he had some bad luck with player's injuries as well . And, you know , resigning to make a space for Kurtis , who by all means is the better as a coach of them too ...Anyways , I think he left with dignity and his reputation intact . I hope he can continue to coach teams instead of managing them as some media implies that he might come back to lRYTAS in some other capacity . And to part in good terms with Vainauskas sn ? Thats something I have never heard before .
          I do not think that lrytas really wanted to win against Utena in KMT tournament yesterday . I know ,the game was close and so on ,but really ,Kurtis needs time to reset the team in order to prepare them for LKL finals . Now they have 10 day break until the game vs Lietkabielis ,with another 10 ? daybreak until next game . So there is plenty of time to get things in order ,rest and refresh players and get them to play the way Kurtis wants .
          I am glad Logan is gone . Especially if they got some money out of it . I like him as a player ,going all the way back when he played in Soppot for Pacesa . But ,at 34 , it was too much to ask for him to do everything all the time .
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Vainauskas is expecting Kurtinaitis to build a winner, which is impossible With all these mediocare players. They need to invest a lot more if they want results. For all the hate Vainauskas Jr was getting for snorking cocaine and playing dirty games With Zalgiris, he atleast was decent in finding talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
              I think we sort of got used to that and yet ...another shuffle in lrytas ,which by no means comes as a surprise . Or is it ? Pacesa is out /Kurtinaitis is in . As i said before , I became quite fond of Pacesa . He is a character that you do not find many nowadays . I like the fact that he really tried to change things around in the club and was quite brutal in doing so . In some of the games i watched lrytas was really decent and entertaining (Eurocup particularly ) . I think loosing to Hapoel at home after being in front by 20 ,that was the game that was decisive for him. Jhe never recovered after that .Plus ,he had some bad luck with player's injuries as well . And, you know , resigning to make a space for Kurtis , who by all means is the better as a coach of them too ...Anyways , I think he left with dignity and his reputation intact . I hope he can continue to coach teams instead of managing them as some media implies that he might come back to lRYTAS in some other capacity . And to part in good terms with Vainauskas sn ? Thats something I have never heard before .
              Pacesas proved many times that he is better manager than coach... Or better say - less worse GM than coach

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
              I do not think that lrytas really wanted to win against Utena in KMT tournament yesterday . I know ,the game was close and so on ,but really ,Kurtis needs time to reset the team in order to prepare them for LKL finals . Now they have 10 day break until the game vs Lietkabielis ,with another 10 ? daybreak until next game . So there is plenty of time to get things in order ,rest and refresh players and get them to play the way Kurtis wants .
              I am glad Logan is gone . Especially if they got some money out of it . I like him as a player ,going all the way back when he played in Soppot for Pacesa . But ,at 34 , it was too much to ask for him to do everything all the time .
              Aren't you a bit forcing things with finals? I mean Rytas failed to qualify there 2 out of 3 times lately. Losing Logan is huge. I mean motivated Logan. Age means nothing here at all. I saw no signs of him bein' some 34yo or so. He carried the team in first part of the season. Baron is nowhere close. Only good thing for LR that they bought one of Neptunas key players, obviously weakening main rival. That Neptunas crisis makes Rytas chances much bigger

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
              Vainauskas is expecting Kurtinaitis to build a winner, which is impossible With all these mediocare players. They need to invest a lot more if they want results. For all the hate Vainauskas Jr was getting for snorking cocaine and playing dirty games With Zalgiris, he atleast was decent in finding talent.
              He was good GM, but not magician either. He failed many times having way bigger budget. And morever with him Rytas became Raznatovic's and beobasket slave, which pushed Rytas into troubles too. One really decent GM, with whom Rytas rose to fame was late Lizaitis. Actually the same vainauskas jr was living on job Lizaitis did many years. Of course, current one Purlys is a joke. But as I wrote lot of times, real cancer of the club is vainauskas sr. I hope Vilnius community, bussinesmen, municipality will establish new club to represent our capital or re-establish the same Statyba, which was respected club with big history. Sadly it's realy hard to do with all the influence vainauskas sr has

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                I hope Vilnius community, bussinesmen, municipality will establish new club to represent our capital or re-establish the same Statyba, which was respected club with big history. Sadly it's realy hard to do with all the influence vainauskas sr has
                Wasn't Statyba re- established few (maybe more ) seasons ago and were playing in NKL only to disappear once more ?
                I do not think that it would be fair for municipality to support such idea financially as well , just because ...Lrytas is well established club nowadays ,with titles and all them bells and whistles , whether you like or not .
                And at their heyday , for whole 3 seasons starting 2006 , lrytas was most attended team in LKL .
                Oficiali Lietuvos krepšinio lygos svetainė. Stebėkite visas „Betsafe–LKL“ rungtynes tiesiogiai, sekite rezultatus gyvai, ieškokite visos statistikos. Svarbiausi Lietuvos krepšinio lygos įvykiai – LKL.lt.

So there is an issue I see - the club just does not have big fan appeal . They do not generate enough money to compete with Zalgiris that way either . Maybe Vilnius as a city is not interested in basketball that much ? There are better things to do ? Yet...Zalgiris Vilnius FC was revived ,right ? Winning titles year after year .
                For me , I think it is about time for lrytas to get into LKL finals once more . I feel like they deserve a break too , because they ,as a club , are trying hard . I do not think they ever gave up either ,as a club , to try and beat Zalgiris . Which is a good thing in my eyes . Which , i realize ,wont be popular though in this forum

Comment

• Never wanted bad Things for this Club, but they bring it upon themselves. Management is terrible. I always supported and will support them in europe. However bringin in Kurtinaitis is not neceserally gonna save this Club.

Comment

Wasn't Statyba re- established few (maybe more ) seasons ago and were playing in NKL only to disappear once more ?I do not think that it would be fair for municipality to support such idea financially as well , just because ...Lrytas is well established club nowadays ,with titles and all them bells and whistles , whether you like or not .
                    And at their heyday , for whole 3 seasons starting 2006 , lrytas was most attended team in LKL .
                    http://www.lkl.lt/komandu-statistika/
                    Statybas was re-established, but it didn't have much of support from sponsors, municipality. The same like Sakalai. Of course with latter it's not the only reason, their owner was to blame too. But do you know why in Vilnius there's no other club for years and the ones which tries to do smth are just shut down? Thnx to vainauskas. It was harder for him to blackmail Zalgiris' sponsors, even tho it even lead to that big Zalgiris crisis in 2008, when Snoras, main sponsor of Zalgiris unexpectedly left without payin' promised money, only to join Rytas a bit later. But if Zalgiris survived, it was much harder to do the same for smaller clubs in Vilnius. He simply doesn't want any competition and has big influence in capital city. He is destroyin' basketball there, just like destroyin' the same Rytas now, even if doin' it unintentionally. There were atleast few times when other bussinesmen tried to take over Rytas, invest even more, revive the club, but vainauskas simply refused, telling them to fck off. I know some of Rytas diehard fans and I know from them that all this vainauskas crap made even some of such longterm fans to turn their back to club.

So there is an issue I see - the club just does not have big fan appeal . They do not generate enough money to compete with Zalgiris that way either . Maybe Vilnius as a city is not interested in basketball that much ? There are better things to do ? Yet...Zalgiris Vilnius FC was revived ,right ? Winning titles year after year .
                    It's not football to blame for sure, it lacks fans badly too. Only some European cups game gathers full stadium, ordinary local league game is usually watched by ultras and some random fans. Yeah, there's an old excuse, that in Vilnius there's more interesting things to do than basketball... But c'mon, if I'd understand current low attendance, it's not a new thing, the same was happening few years back in Euroleague, vs teams like Barca it was half empty arena. Obviously club doesn't know how to attract fans and overall management just sucks. But the same vainauskas is stubborn as goat to leave or change smth.

For me , I think it is about time for lrytas to get into LKL finals once more . I feel like they deserve a break too , because they ,as a club , are trying hard . I do not think they ever gave up either ,as a club , to try and beat Zalgiris . Which is a good thing in my eyes . Which , i realize ,wont be popular though in this forum
                    I don't think they are tryin' hard enough, I stated the reasons above. With their stubborness they are just killing basketball in Vilnius. That is really painfull to me as bball fan. I don't see the things changing with vainauskas in charge and I don't think that making into finals will change smth in longterm. It didn't change anything in 2015 f.e. Vice versa, it might even be worse as vainauskas will think that he does everything fine and will eventually stay - look we made it to finals and lost to Zalgiris, which has few times higher budget, the same old excuse. But I mean, how club from Vilnius, where flows way bigger money than in Kaunas, can't have similar budget too? Once it could, even bigger, why not now? I think it's obvious.
                    I'm sharing your opinion about Vilnius club giving a fight and even beating Zalgiris in finals, if that would help bball to rise there like in 2000, but at the same time I can't wish any success to such s*** like vainauskas, who did so much damage to LT bball overall. So as I wrote, I just don't see bright future for Rytas and Vilnius bball as long as he will stay. I don't care if there'll be Statyba or new project will appear, even the same Rytas will remain, just with new owners. I think that could be a revival. sadly, currently it looks quite utopical

Comment

• Mindozas , i sort agree with you on almost everything you have said ,bar that bit about where you said that
                      " vainauskas did so much damage to LT bball overall"
                      Before I go into overdrive of why i disagree with ,for once i thought maybe i can ask you to expand on that and explain why you think this way . Maybe some other might chime in on this topic as well .
                      As an argument against your opinion i would throw something like - competition is good . LKL seems to be very competitive - more than ever . Even if Vainauskas is a bloody cunt ,who was willing to destroy Zalgiris no matter what , how is it different to normal business /need to beat competition for survival ,playing dirty because winners are not judged and all that similar malarkey ? Plus -you always want some good guy to win against bad one ,right ?It makes you feel good where you think justice prevail .
                      I know i might sound very selfish ,but i do miss them good old times when lrytas was good in LKL finals . Them games were exciting and worth watching . I did not mind Neptunas playing in finals first time ,but last year it was just meh .Utena or Panevezys replacing Neptunas does not make it more attractive .

Comment

As an argument against your opinion i would throw something like - competition is good . LKL seems to be very competitive - more than ever . Even if Vainauskas is a bloody cunt ,who was willing to destroy Zalgiris no matter what , how is it different to normal business /need to beat competition for survival ,playing dirty because winners are not judged and all that similar malarkey ? Plus -you always want some good guy to win against bad one ,right ?It makes you feel good where you think justice prevail .
                        I know i might sound very selfish ,but i do miss them good old times when lrytas was good in LKL finals . Them games were exciting and worth watching . I did not mind Neptunas playing in finals first time ,but last year it was just meh .Utena or Panevezys replacing Neptunas does not make it more attractive .
                        I get what you are sayin', I realise that Zalgiris vs Rytas, Kaunas vs Vilnius is the most interesting thing for fans and I'm all for competition, the bigger it will be the better for LT bball, league and Zalgiris itself, but I'm totally against such dirty kind of competition, when you try to destroy your rival off the court. It's sports, everything must be decided on court. I know it might sound naive, nobody were and is a saint, it's bussiness, but vainauskas, both of them, were simply goin' over any possible lines here. It was really ugly back in the days, at first with Zalgiris, then dirty stuff via media and directly against federation, NT and etc., that's why I'm simply hoping for them to dissapear from bball scene, the sooner the better

Comment

• From what I've been reading on this board, Rytas' struggles in the last two to three years are largely due to Gedvydas Vainauskas' player selection. Most Rytas fans have been calling for Vainauskas' head for several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            From what I've been reading on this board, Rytas' struggles in the last two to three years are largely due to Gedvydas Vainauskas' player selection. Most Rytas fans have been calling for Vainauskas' head for several years.

Its not just Rytas fans. Everyone of us understands that a city like Vilnius could have a team equal to todays Zalgiris. The resources are enormous, however buisinesses avoid Vainauskas, cause he uses his own media to bash people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                              From what I've been reading on this board, Rytas' struggles in the last two to three years are largely due to Gedvydas Vainauskas' player selection. Most Rytas fans have been calling for Vainauskas' head for several years.

Exactly bacause of this Gedvydas should be somehow punished not because of his words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                                How is this not a racism?
                                Because Americans are a multitude of races.

We Canadians though like to make fun of Americans because in general they tend to think that the world revolves around the United States. The country is also so big that they don't need to speak anything but English. As a result, Americans have a tendency to be insular and are therefore overall very weak in geography. (My cousin's 27 year old son living in Detroit once asked me whether Ontario or Toronto was the city. He said he always got mixed up on that score.) Yes, yes, I know I'm generalizing, but that's the stereotype of Americans which we have in Canada.

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information