Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Clarkson out, I think we can construct the team with finality now. I hope Junmar and the rest of the injured can heal in time.

(Another) Rosterbation post:

PG: Castro/Romeo
    SG: Lassiter/Chan
    SF: Norwood/Abueva/Rosario
    PF: Blatche/Aguilar/RDO
    C: Fajardo/Slaughter

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
      With Clarkson out, I think we can construct the team with finality now. I hope Junmar and the rest of the injured can heal in time.

C: Fajardo/Slaughter
      Eh, if their injuries are real, fine, I hope they recover in time. Methinks SMC will be forced to lend their best players to the cause because they don't want to look bad in front of the home crowd this July, like they did to save face in FIBA Asia 2013.
      Originally posted by gideon
      Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jasper222;1046372]With Clarkson out, I think we can construct the team with finality now. I hope Junmar and the rest of the injured can heal in time.

C: Fajardo/Slaughter[/

have the same roster in mind. cheers!

Comment

• [QUOTE=chester25;1046476]
          Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
          With Clarkson out, I think we can construct the team with finality now. I hope Junmar and the rest of the injured can heal in time.

C: Fajardo/Slaughter[/

have the same roster in mind. cheers!
          I like this team but, in my case, i'll drop rosario in favor of pingris
          Castro (PG)
          Romeo (PG/SG)
          Lassiter (SG/SF)
          Chan (SG/SF)
          Norwood (SG/SF)
          Abueva (SF)
          RDO (PF/SF)
          Pingris (PF/SF)
          Aguilar (PF)
          Blatche (PF/C)
          Fajardo (C)
          Slaughter (C)

Comment

• read on the sports5 Gilas Diary about kiefer

“Nakita mo yung dunk ko sana kagabi?” he asked me, pertaining to at attempt to slam one over their opponent’s towering African import. “Sayang. Papasok sana yung bola kaso nahila ko ng konti yung ring kaya nag-bounce yung bola.”

anyone has a video of this?

Comment

• [QUOTE=lovejones;1046479]
              Originally posted by chester25 View Post

I like this team but, in my case, i'll drop rosario in favor of pingris
              Castro (PG)
              Romeo (PG/SG)
              Lassiter (SG/SF)
              Chan (SG/SF)
              Norwood (SG/SF)
              Abueva (SF)
              RDO (PF/SF)
              Pingris (PF/SF)
              Aguilar (PF)
              Blatche (PF/C)
              Fajardo (C)
              Slaughter (C)
              Agree with this except the Pingris > Rosario part. i sort of agree but iffy of what Pingris can offer at this age/stage... (He looks slower in PBA games) but he's Pingris so turning it on for a few games is really very, very feasible...
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• [QUOTE=durden_tyler;1046582]
                Originally posted by lovejones View Post

Agree with this except the Pingris > Rosario part. i sort of agree but iffy of what Pingris can offer at this age/stage... (He looks slower in PBA games) but he's Pingris so turning it on for a few games is really very, very feasible...
                I agree with the highlighted statement. But don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Pingris myself but I would rather prefer Rosario for development/future. Him and Romeo should be the developmental players for the NT along with Ravena in the next Asian championship.

Comment

• [QUOTE=raptours;1046583]
                  Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

I agree with the highlighted statement. But don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Pingris myself but I would rather prefer Rosario for development/future. Him and Romeo should be the developmental players for the NT along with Ravena in the next Asian championship.
                  This is our one shot at an Olympics though, so the general sentiment is f^ck development, let's send the best guys (which means, IF Rosario shows that he's not yet mature or ready in training camp, i think Tab goes to the proven Pingris-- this is of course, assuming our lone stretch 4 in RDO is healthy and in top form).
                  If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• [QUOTE=durden_tyler;1046584]
                    Originally posted by raptours View Post

This is our one shot at an Olympics though, so the general sentiment is f^ck development, let's send the best guys (which means, IF Rosario shows that he's not yet mature or ready in training camp, i think Tab goes to the proven Pingris-- this is of course, assuming our lone stretch 4 in RDO is healthy and in top form).
                    Just how sure are you that Pingris will be as effective in the world-level as he was in the Asian-level? I re-watched all of our 2014 WC games and Pingris was mostly a non-factor right after the Croatia game.

I'd rather let Rosario have early exposure to world-level competition than gamble with Pingris again.
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Just purely on the defensive end vs a center- question has Junmar ever as effectively guarded a true import center as well as Greg did last night vs Onuaka ? http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...nze-onuaku-pba

That's a key question as it really asesses the role of our back up center , not necessary who is the better player, but better at the role
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• As to Rosario vs Ping, it isn't about veteran vs development, it's about who will be more effective 2016 PF? If you base it on their most recent play (this conference) with big imports. Who is likely to be really more effective in July? what they did in 2015 or earlier is actually irrelevant now.
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          Just purely on the defensive end vs a center- question has Junmar ever as effectively guarded a true import center as well as Greg did last night vs Onuaka ? http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...nze-onuaku-pba

That's a key question as it really asesses the role of our back up center , not necessary who is the better player, but better at the role
                          Hi Sir analyzed I'm new here in IBN. I've been reading since 2013. this is my first time to post a comment. i'm fan of both Greg and Junmar...

I think Junmar did a decent job defending Arinze... also, smb was using 2-3 zone defense but when junmar guarded Arinze one on one, he did ok.
                          Last edited by CreeAlex; 04-14-2016, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Troy vs Ping is tough, but I think Tab will choose Troy this time. Troy has a good balance of ready to contribute, youth development, height and familiarity with tab's system. Ping will be 13th man as locker room leader

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

do you think rosario has what it takes to be in the big time OQT? can a young mobile rosario do more than, a tad slow pingris? i think rosario can improve though. i would understand if pingris is not included. he is not young anymore and he played lots of time for gilas. might as well rest his body.
                              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                Just purely on the defensive end vs a center- question has Junmar ever as effectively guarded a true import center as well as Greg did last night vs Onuaka ? http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...nze-onuaku-pba

junmar dominated jerome jordan (ex-nba, jamaican NT) in a series of games. that game also against bruno sundov was also another matchup won by junmar against import centers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information