X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. III

Previous thread is here.

Thread reopened.
    Last edited by TrueBluePinoy; 08-19-2015, 06:09 PM.

hmm what do you think
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Marc Pingris has had a sudden change of heart, saying that he now wants to join the Gilas Pilipinas pool “if the Philippine team still needs me” in a statement released Wednesday by his mother team San Miguel Purefoods, one of three companies in the powerhouse San Miguel Corporation conglomerate in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Need more proof???

Other big names who are not in the pool are Paul Lee and Jeff Chan of Rain or Shine and Marcio Lassiter of San Miguel Beer.
      Controversies
      The Inquirer spoke to one of the noted absentees, who asked that he not be identified for fear of being traded away by his team.
      “After all of these controversies that are happening, I sincerely hope that something good happens, and that is for Gilas to win,” said the player, who was with the Gilas Pilipinas team that won the Jones Cup and was also a mainstay of the 2013 Fiba Asia squad.
      “It just pains me to be reading all the things they are saying about me, and it makes me doubly guilty because I don’t like the decision (of not joining the pool this time) I made of begging off,” he said.
      READ: Gilas window slowly closing except for June Mar Fajardo
      Another said that it was a pity that the team owners in the PBA couldn’t get together as they should for national cause, citing the solid opportunity that the country has to get back in the Olympics next year.
      “I honestly believe that if this team had the same components of the team that played in Spain, we would be very hard to beat,” said the other player. “But of course, it’s out of our hands. We players do what we’re told to do.
      Negative effect
      A third former Gilas mainstay said that Pingris’ decision could have a negative effect on the other players in the pool, noting that: “you know how basketball players think.”
      He said that, after begging off, he has totally abandoned all hopes of being able to join the squad not only because his team did not grant him the release, but he believes that it is too late in the day for him and all the others to do so.
      READ: Gilas Pilipinas starts 2015 Fiba Asia campaign vs Palestine
      “They have been in training for what, two weeks-plus?” he asked. “The bad thing about it is that some of the other players who were there from Day 1 might think that we are sacred cows.”
      “I just envy (those who were able to join the pool). Sayang, malakas sana ang team (It’s a pity because the team is strong) with Andray (Blatche, Gilas’ naturalized player) being more familiar with the team now. But life must go on for all of us.”
      The Inquirer also asked Gilas team manager Butch Antonio to comment on Pingris’ change of heart, but Antonio has yet to reply.

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/190219/pi...#ixzz3jJ8tAmnG
      Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Comment

It's time to move on. If they are going to play they are going to play. Is there a game later tonight?

Comment

'I talked to my wife and we agreed. In the end, it was pride and honor in representing the Philippines that prevailed over me,' says Pingris

It may sound as another "paasa pa" statement, but I think Ping is serious this time. I don't think Ping would stake his reputation by making such a "paasa" statement.

I believe that just as most (if not all) Gilas-2 players, Pingris really wants to play for the national team. Its just that he is being prohibited by that pig of an employer in RSA.

That's why I'm not really hard on the players who turned their backs from the call of national duty. I understand them. I understand the players but will never forgive that pig of an CEO in RSA.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...-suit-up-gilas

It may sound as another "paasa pa" statement, but I think Ping is serious this time. I don't think Ping would stake his reputation by making such a "paasa" statement.

I believe that just as most (if not all) Gilas-2 players, Pingris really wants to play for the national team. Its just that he is being prohibited by that pig of an employer in RSA.

That's why I'm not really hard on the players who turned their backs from the call of national duty. I understand them. I understand the players but will never forgive that pig of an CEO in RSA.
            i really do believe ping wants to play for gilas for one last time. he knows this is his last time to rep the country. i admire him. hope tab reconsiders. to sir analyzed please ask tab to reconsider.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
              i really do believe ping wants to play for gilas for one last time. he knows this is his last time to rep the country. i admire him. hope tab reconsiders. to sir analyzed please ask tab to reconsider.
              Reconsider but he must earn his spot in the team first.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                It's time to move on. If they are going to play they are going to play. Is there a game later tonight?
                In regards to preparation we have to move on but this politics and pabebe PBA not supporting the RP team should continue. SMC You Suck!!!! wait till the PBA opening. We dont hate the players actually but the teams. Ginebra fan here. I say Ginebra sucks, SMB SUCKS,HOTSHIT Sucks. You deserve this. And this will never stop. also to PBA will you also suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Alcan View Post
                  In regards to preparation we have to move on but this politics and pabebe PBA not supporting the RP team should continue. SMC You Suck!!!! wait till the PBA opening. We dont hate the players actually but the teams. Ginebra fan here. I say Ginebra sucks, SMB SUCKS,HOTSHIT Sucks. You deserve this. And this will never stop. also to PBA will you also suck?
                  Support Gilas and the current players....but continue to give shit on PBA and SMC....and continue to make those SMC players feel guilty so that no future player will ever say no to playing for the country.

Comment

i for one an SMB fan since high school days but with what is happening now, im turning my back in supporting the team. Down SMC!
                    To PBA, you know that you benefit in every publicity the Natl Team had in the past. through the team achievement last 2013 for sure there were differences in the gate attendance and viewership in PBA games and definitely know the repercussions to the league with this fiasco. You should think over that if you still want the league to continue.

Comment

Move-on, just make the best out of what we have.
                      I guess Blatche will play at center with Asi backing him up (and Thoss).
                      The 4 spot, I guess RDO will start, his back-up will either be Troy or Aldrech (one of them will be put in the reserve list)
                      The three spot will be shared between Beast, Rocket and MGR.
                      SG will be Granada and Dondon
                      At PG, Castro will start and depending on the match-ups, Gabe and Romeo are there to back him up.

Comment

Originally posted by outmap View Post
                        Move-on, just make the best out of what we have.
                        I guess Blatche will play at center with Asi backing him up (and Thoss).
                        The 4 spot, I guess RDO will start, his back-up will either be Troy or Aldrech (one of them will be put in the reserve list)
                        The three spot will be shared between Beast, Rocket and MGR.
                        SG will be Granada and Dondon
                        At PG, Castro will start and depending on the match-ups, Gabe and Romeo are there to back him up.
                        Lets all hope gary david will explode like the powerade days or else he will tag as the player who is good in PBA but a bad player in FIBA.
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

everyone is replaceable except for Fajardo, basketball Gods pls give us some miracle

Comment

Originally posted by dunk_on_me View Post
                            http://sports.inquirer.net/190219/pi...oin-gilas-pool

Need more proof???

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook[/I]
                            No this is not good enough proof for Lawyer Manu Bull. Unless the players identify themselves and say it on camera for all their boses to see, it's not proof ! circumstances , actions etc don't count. Just like all those salavage rumors during Marcos years don't count.
                            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

http://n5e.interaksyon.com/top/E318F...i-marc-pingris

Watch this guys very good topic in other countries if you refuse to join the national team you'll be persona non grata etc, smc backlash and caloy loyzaga cried to his coach just to allow him to play.
                              Last edited by GoPilipinas; 08-20-2015, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information