BC Žalgiris Kaunas 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    It feels like the team is couple players short.
    Maybe not short, but more like disbalanced a bit, f.e. add C, who could play PF instead Motum, or SF/SG instead of Hanlan and it'd be ok. Now don't know, maybe Kalnas, Pocius, Hanlan and Motum will bring much more offensivelly, but knowing/judging by their characteristics, at the same time we should lose our main weapon from last season - defense. That would hurt us badly.

Maybe it had something to do with our bad financial situation and Zorous winning a case against Zalgiris.
    Don't know, but I'm sure that Motiejunas was well aware that Zouros will win the case, it looked quite obvious, so he prepared and counted that money off the budget since the court began. And all this drama was just in case to give a try, maybe some surprise will occur or smth. Atleast that what wise GM should do

However it feels like Lrytas could be nr1 in Lithuania this year.
    If Zalgiris will lose that defensive weapon we had last season and will start to play more run'n'gun bball, not sure if Rytas will be nr1, but Rytas surely will have more chances, cause it's the game they'll play too. Defense of Zalgiris was killing them in finals. But the thing I care way more than that - we might fail to qualify to Top16, if that would happen, from my point of view not even LKL or LKF titles would help to say that season was succesful

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Now don't know, maybe Kalnas, Pocius, Hanlan and Motum will bring much more offensivelly, but knowing/judging by their characteristics, at the same time we should lose our main weapon from last season - defense. That would hurt us badly.
      I don't know Hanlan and very little Motum, but Pocius won't brake Zalgiris defensive awareness, he can play D when he wants. Kalnietis might be 1 step too slow against some point guards, but he's not a back hole at D as well, compensating his lack of quickness with his length. While being more of offensive players those 2 are solid defenders that's why both were NT starters and playing for solid clubs (Pocius was a bit on the downfall lately though). I don't think Zalgiris defence will decline badly next season while their main problem will be the lack of a guy to go I'm guessing. Last season Zalgiris never had decision maker as Kalnietis and that will mean tons for Zalgiris, but at the same time this team doesn't have a true scorer as Anderson was. Overall I have little doubt Zalgiris will remain No.1 favourite in Lithuania. Organisation, coaching staff, the core - everything is so much more fundamental and reliable.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        I don't know Hanlan and very little Motum, but Pocius won't brake Zalgiris defensive awareness, he can play D when he wants. Kalnietis might be 1 step too slow against some point guards, but he's not a back hole at D as well, compensating his lack of quickness with his length. While being more of offensive players those 2 are solid defenders that's why both were NT starters and playing for solid clubs (Pocius was a bit on the downfall lately though).
        Both Pocius and Kalnas are quite average defenders, especially Pocius declined lately in that direction a bit, but I'm ok with them, I mostly meant Motum and Hanlan here. Motum isn't good defensive guy bein' PF, and while playin' at C might have lot of problems, also he is quite foul prone. I didn't see Hanlan, but read that his strenght is offense, while at defense he is quite poor, remembering how much problems at first had Cherry in Europe, who was known as decent defender, I'm afraid Hanlan can be huge hole at defensive end.
        So let's say if we can live with Kalnas defense instead of Cherry, Pocius instead Milaknis, so what comes to Motum/Gudaitis and Hanlans/Anderson - it might be quite obvious dowgrade

Comment

Personally, I think Pocius and Hanlan both will play in starting five.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeperfect View Post
            Personally, I think Pocius and Hanlan both will play in starting five.
            Same. Pocius will play as SF
            IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
            Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
            Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
            Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
            Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Pocius will play SG/SF as he always does, depends on rival and tactics...and how Hanland will do, I wouldn't exclude an option that he might be total failure

Comment

For the first time watched Hanlan in action with Canada NT last night, played in Tuto Marchand Cup against Argentina and actually wasn't dissapointed at all. Of course it's not right to make any serious conclusions outta 12mins he played, but since I never saw him action at all and thought he is some selfish player, who can't and doesn't like to play defense, I was pleasantly surprised. Hanlan played as PG all the time, not his position obviously, but what I liked that he can be team player, is not forcing shots, but having really nice touch. On defense was working hard, did his best and looked really ok, forced some turnovers, made couple of steals, read the game quite well. Tonight Canada plays against Brazil, main PG Corey Joseph should comeback, so not sure if Hanlan will be registered since Canada has 13 players in its roster, but if he will, what kind of position he'll play. We'll see. First impression is positive

Btw, today Zalgiris starts it's preparation camp - Pocius, Ulanovas, Lipkevicius + youngsters should start it

Comment

Some old news due to ongoin' Eurobasket, but Zalgiris signed Seibutis, quite unexpected signing and it wasn't planned, but since Darussafaka let Seibutis go, it was a great timing for such a "steal", especially since conditions of deal are really great, first of all what comes to salary. So now Seibutis + Pocius should be our SG/SF starters. Now Zalgiris is looking for a center, might be a short-term deal, for EL regular season

Also team started preparations, played two friendly games, first one was against Kazakh NT, it was mostly youngsters + Pocius, Ulanovas, Lipkevicius and we still won it 84:82, here are the stats, good game by youngster Varnas

Yesterday we played our 2nd, agains Ukrainian Khimik, it was first game for our two newcomers Hanlan and Motum, both did really good, even tho we lost the game 70:82

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    Now Zalgiris is looking for a center, might be a short-term deal, for EL regular season
                    Ian Vougioukas was signed for 1 season, so finally our roster should be completed and it looks not that bad at all

Comment

Media is praising Zalgiris this preseason. Talking about chances to go further then top 16. What do you guys think, what are our chances this year?

Comment

Media is praising Zalgiris this preseason. Talking about chances to go further then top 16. What do you guys think, what are our chances this year?
                        Last time zalgiris was contender for top8, there were some terrible luck in the crunch time on some games which buried the chances. I think current lineup is not that strong, but good chemistry between national team members and overall deeper bench than last few seasons gives some chance .

Comment

I don't think we are Top8 team on paper, so a lot would depend on our group in Top16 and other circumstances. But first of all we need to qualify to Top16, our group is tough enough to think that it's a done deal. The same Zielona Gora in opening game, away, won't be an easy nut to crack, especially since they should be prepared better than we are as we started to practise with full team only some time ago, some key players are exhausted after Eurobasket. And thats already is a must win game.

Comment

Žalgiris looks quite ok this season and I don't understand why people don't see it Top8 team on paper. We have 5 players who were in Lithuanian NT this year + one who would be in it if he wouldn't have to heal old injuries. I don't see problems with our defense - Seibutis and Ulanovas are excelent defenders, Pocius and Kalnietis were defending not bad under Kemzura and Kazlauskas. There are 2 areas where we have problems:
                            1. We need to find a leader Anderson was. The player who could take a ball and finish atacks when it's needed. Maybye Seibutis if his shooting rythm will return?
                            2. We don't have pure shooter like Milaknis was. He helped Žalgiris many times in crusial moments of the game. This spot is empty now. We have players who can shoot, but we don't have sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                              Žalgiris looks quite ok this season and I don't understand why people don't see it Top8 team on paper.
                              Probably because there're atleast 8 teams, which looks better on paper than we do. How it all will look on court, now it's hard to tell

Comment

Guys can you post the stats of prep games?

Which position is Motum playing? Minutes? Hanlan?
                                IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
                                Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
                                Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
                                Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
                                Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information