Taiwan SBL 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZekeQ View Post
    Baron Davis suits them well, just like Dacin's previous import Norvel but in this season the other guys are clicking.

In today's SBL Liu's stats is declining from what I've observed the #26 guy from Fubon is more productive than him.
    Liu Cheng is on a bit of a slump as they said, but there were questions about his motivation coming into the season where rumors suggested that he has foregone this season as he is looking for a bigger payday come his CBA day.

I agree, TB's young guys are maturing. Always been a fan of Chou Bohsun's hustle and defense, there are time where he is tasked with defending the foreign player. Lui Kai-Min and Jiang Yu-Ann too are looking like the skippers of the future.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
      When i saw the SBL all stars play Barcelona last year, Pelle was basically the only player on the SBL team that even belonged on the court!

Took a lot of googling, but i guess he is in Lebanon, hope he gets a chance to head back towards some high level competition, seems like he could at least be a Euroleague player
      I saw a bit of Pelle's games when he spent time with Delaware 89ers. Can really soar for the alley-oop. Pelle's athleticism garnered enough attention to be a potential naturalize player for Taiwan in the future where the team is looking for an athletic bigman born 1993 and later.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        I saw a bit of Pelle's games when he spent time with Delaware 89ers. Can really soar for the alley-oop. Pelle's athleticism garnered enough attention to be a potential naturalize player for Taiwan in the future where the team is looking for an athletic bigman born 1993 and later.
        I'd love to see him become the naturalized player TBH. I don't think he stacks up well against a player like Blatche or Haddadi, but the age is right and he'd be able to get out and run.

I am very interested in what will come of the Taiwan national team in the next few years, there is a lot of pessimism surrounding future prospects. It is time for a change though, the older players have run their course. Jet Chang, Jeff Wu, Liu (dude in China now), I think there is some potential there, but I am unsure if they have any big men coming down the pipeline at all.
        We The North

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
          I'd love to see him become the naturalized player TBH. I don't think he stacks up well against a player like Blatche or Haddadi, but the age is right and he'd be able to get out and run.

I am very interested in what will come of the Taiwan national team in the next few years, there is a lot of pessimism surrounding future prospects. It is time for a change though, the older players have run their course. Jet Chang, Jeff Wu, Liu (dude in China now), I think there is some potential there, but I am unsure if they have any big men coming down the pipeline at all.
          Jonah Morrison and Wu Pei-Chia from this year's U16 crew stands around 6'9 and will be better off go schooling in North America but it will be a long time before we see them suit up for the senior squad in FIBA Asia matches.

Currently, the following players are serviceable for now:

Wu Hung-hsing 6'8 Pure Youth
          Cho Bo-hsun 6'6 Taiwan Beer
          Lin Chi-wei 6'8 Bank of Taiwan
          Hu Lung-mao 6'6 USA
          TJ Burke 6'8 USA (Joy Burke's younger brother)

While Lee Te-wei, Chen Kuan-chuan, and Fan Shin-ehn were once promising but never really developed.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Me too. I like Pelle, he is like a Wild Beast. Always expect Highlight and Fly Swatting Plays when he is on the floor.

Same thoughts on TPE NT. The talent is overflowing in 2 and 3 spot the problem is the near departure of their Twin-Towers
            and a skilled floor-general (I hope Ray Chen and Peng(PY) deliver).

Anyway, Hu Long-mao is in his senior year right? any news about his plans? is he applying for next year SBL Draft or will try his luck in NBA Summer League?

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeQ View Post
              Me too. I like Pelle, he is like a Wild Beast. Always expect Highlight and Fly Swatting Plays when he is on the floor.

Same thoughts on TPE NT. The talent is overflowing in 2 and 3 spot the problem is the near departure of their Twin-Towers
              and a skilled floor-general (I hope Ray Chen and Peng(PY) deliver).

Anyway, Hu Long-mao is in his senior year right? any news about his plans? is he applying for next year SBL Draft or will try his luck in NBA Summer League?
              Most likely SBL draft for 2017 or consider the CBA. Maybe attending the workouts for NBA Summer League and NBA D-League could benefit him.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

4th Consecutive Win for Dacin (over Fubon 80-66). Another superb performamce by Chou Yi-Hsiang.

Comment

Yi-Hsiang was incredible, perfect from long range. He does those pull up treys better than his catch and shoot. About Joseph Lin, after a strong start in the start of the season, teams have found a way to stop him by applying straight up coverage and often icing his pick so he passes up the ball.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Yulon changes their import.Liam Mcmorrow will replace James Tylor.Liam Mcmorrow had a great performance last season in the PBA.

Comment

Originally posted by zonglin View Post
                      Yulon changes their import.Liam Mcmorrow will replace James Tylor.Liam Mcmorrow had a great performance last season in the PBA.
                      wait, isn't McMorrow under contract with a CBA team?
                      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Wow! I like that guy when he played here in PH for Barako Bull. A game changer for sure.

Comment

SBL schedule

Hi guys,
                          new poster here.
                          I have been out to a handful of SBL games
                          and enjoyed all of it.

I have a question:
                          where on the internet is the venue of the current round of SBL to be found?

I have been to asia-basket.com but they show only the matchups and times
                          not the name or city of the venue.
                          I would write to them and politely request that they list that, but
                          I am not sure that I haven't overlooked something.
                          Anyway, I would appreciate your help.

Comment

SBL offical website:

Comment

Originally posted by zonglin View Post
                              Yeah, thanks Zonglin.
                              I saw that one but it's all in Chinese, naturally.
                              I could not find an English button.

Any hints?

Comment

Ben Metcalf emphasizes defense so much that he has his players spell Defense before practice and has the words stamped on the player shorts even in official games. This year, Pure Youth is much more rugged and does not prefer engaging in a shoot out frenzy.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information