No announcement yet.

My Basketball Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be starting my end of season player evaluations next week. Can't wait to get started on those. Been wanting to really break things down like I want to for each player and I'll be able to do that with these. Check back daily because a new player evaluation will be up each day starting next week until we've gone through the whole roster (excluding overseas players)

Comment

At some point, I'll do a series on the players who have yet to suit up for the Sixers due to playing overseas. Not sure when but I'd like to do them before I start the end of season evaluations.

Comment

CHBB, do you think Aldemir will be the part of roster next year? I heard, the 76ers has started to complain and mumble about his general performance.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
          CHBB, do you think Aldemir will be the part of roster next year? I heard, the 76ers has started to complain and mumble about his general performance.
          Have to say it's hard to say for sure. He really needs to step up tonight to show he belongs but at the same time he's got such a huge learning curve that I think it's only fair to at least give him a full off-season as a Sixer. I hope they do but honestly I have no idea.

Honestly he's played okay. He's looked a lot better as the games have gone on but has made some mental mistakes. Nerlens was the same way for awhile though. Any big man who has such a huge learning curve in all aspects of being a big man should be given a long leash in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
            Have to say it's hard to say for sure. He really needs to step up tonight to show he belongs but at the same time he's got such a huge learning curve that I think it's only fair to at least give him a full off-season as a Sixer. I hope they do but honestly I have no idea.

Honestly he's played okay. He's looked a lot better as the games have gone on but has made some mental mistakes. Nerlens was the same way for awhile though. Any big man who has such a huge learning curve in all aspects of being a big man should be given a long leash in my opinion.
            Center is the deepest position of 76ers. With the addition of Embiid, 76ers will be seriously tough though. What about trading him? The negative point of trading him will be his marketing in NBA. He is not a well known player.
            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
              Center is the deepest position of 76ers. With the addition of Embiid, 76ers will be seriously tough though. What about trading him? The negative point of trading him will be his marketing in NBA. He is not a well known player.
              True but every team needs a backup power forward, a backup Center, and then a backup general big man. That's what I think Aldemir will be is that general big man, especially because he can play both positions and has much more offensive skill than he has displayed to this point. Think of a guy like Ryan Hollins or Jason Collins or any of those guys. That's what I see Furkan as, especially with his passing ability. It's obviously possible he could be more someday given that he hasn't really gotten the chance to develop to even the level of college big men, but worst case scenario I see him as that. That is valuable especially with Embiid coming off of an injury.

That is of course unless the Sixers bring in another big man with more potential than Furkan, which is a major possibility. This draft has a lot of them, and you know there will be plenty of undrafted ones in addition to established free agents.

Comment

I'm leaning towards doing a recap of tonight's game. Should be up sometime tomorrow. Most of the players out there tonight for the Sixers had great games, especially JaKarr. After that, look for pieces on some of the players who have really been solid this year for the Sixers and have earned a contract somewhere next season.

Comment

A recap of tonight's season finale loss to Miami is now up. I'll be posting a more in depth analysis of the performances of each player for both teams by morning so check back later for that.

Comment

Can we expect a season review and draft possibilities along the pipeline?
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                      Can we expect a season review and draft possibilities along the pipeline?
                      Definitely. After individual player evaluations are done, I'll begin the pre-draft content. Then after draft coverage, it'll be summer league coverage and then I'll begin on free agents the Sixers could target.

I'm not 100% sure when I'll be doing the team season evaluation yet but I'm thinking hopefully before I begin the player evaluations so hopefully early next week at the latest. Oh, and I'll be finishing my series comparing the Sixers to other depleted teams around the NBA by the end of the week. Miami will be first, then the Pacers.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                        Definitely. After individual player evaluations are done, I'll begin the pre-draft content. Then after draft coverage, it'll be summer league coverage and then I'll begin on free agents the Sixers could target.

I'm not 100% sure when I'll be doing the team season evaluation yet but I'm thinking hopefully before I begin the player evaluations so hopefully early next week at the latest. Oh, and I'll be finishing my series comparing the Sixers to other depleted teams around the NBA by the end of the week. Miami will be first, then the Pacers.
                        Sounds good! I'm looking forward to your personal picks on who the Sixers will draft that will help them for long term.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          Sounds good! I'm looking forward to your personal picks on who the Sixers will draft that will help them for long term.
                          Thanks, man. I can't wait to do those. There's so much to analyze with each draft prospect and how much depends on what the Sixers are going for and what they are trying to assemble with their team, etc.

Comment

I'll also be writing a piece on Zoran Dragic's career night and introducing the average NBA fan to the lesser known but very skilled Dragic brother. That should be up on IndySportsCenter by morning.

Comment

My piece on Zoran Dragic is now up at indysportscenter.sportsblog.com . My in-depth analysis of each player for both teams from last night's game against Miami should be up on my own site within the next two hours. It's basically all written out, just need to format it.

Comment

My in-depth breakdown of the individual performances for both teams in last night's loss to Miami is now up on my site.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information