FIBA vs ULEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahahaha Terorizer, I am dying laughing
    Have no more words to spare on the matter. The traditional basketball supporters have become somewhat dissinterested in the subject and in a lot of cases, without serious competition within european club basketball, are turning to football, without any fight for their clubs or their sport.

One thing I definately know more than about basketball, are economics. Within those, the solution is very simple and understandable for each of the parties included.
    From euroleague teams point of view: Completely seal euroleague and maximise those 16 team's revenue.
    From everyone else's point of view: let the best teams compete
    From the sake of basketball's point of view: include as many teams and markets into competing for a place as possible since bball's revenue as a whole are by faaaaaar more important thing than just a revenue of few, individual, completely inflated and unprofitable teams. This part is crystal clear and I can't believe there is actualy a discussion about it.

Competing with NBA? You know I've been a big fan of european basketball. But at this moment, the difference became that big, that the only thing we could compete, potentialy, would be a monthly "Shaqtin a fool video". Stop fooling yourselves people
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Does anyone know the tv ratings of Euroleague's final in Germany, Russia and Italy?I posted earlier about Spain where it was watched by less than 60.000 people..Curius about those markets as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        From the sake of basketball's point of view: include as many teams and markets into competing for a place as possible since bball's revenue as a whole are by faaaaaar more important thing than just a revenue of few, individual, completely inflated and unprofitable teams. This part is crystal clear and I can't believe there is actualy a discussion about it.
        You should explain how can there be hundreds of professional basketball teams in Europe when the sport a) isn't that popular, b) can only be played by a small part of the population. Meanwhile USA and Canada, with a population of more than 350 million combined and with basketball being far more popular than in Europe, can only support 30 teams.

What does 'increasing basketball revenue as a whole' mean? Finding a way to make awful team 1 vs awful team 2 interesting for an audience?
        This can't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
          Does anyone know the tv ratings of Euroleague's final in Germany, Russia and Italy?I posted earlier about Spain where it was watched by less than 60.000 people..Curius about those markets as well.
          the only thing you can eventually prove in the end is, that basketball isn't enough popular in Europe to even try to have similar system than in football. if no one is interested in watching the best teams, who will watch the game between team from Finland vs. team from Netherlands? This year for example Pao in regular season played 2 games against Oly, Real, Fener, Barcelona, Cska, Efes, Baskonia... Do you really think fans for Pao would have rather watch games agains Zielona Gora, Banvit, Andora, Cedecita or some teams from Netherlands, Finland, England? And the same goes for fans of other teams. And which match would have rather watched neutral fans Oly:Pao; Real: Barcelona, Fener:Cska or Oly: Zielona Gora, Pao: Asvel...
          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Bertomeu s time is about to expire...17 years try to close the European league because according his opinion this system brings stability to the teams and growth but for some strange reason needs more time...Everytime make some steps closer to his target but never makes the final step. and he will never do it.You cannot close a league to a whole continent,we are not one country here but a continent with a population of 851,605,800 (according wikipedia) propably more... almost 1 billion.How many teams you ll put in your close league and which ones?16...?18...?30 like nba?In any case you are going to exclude an enormous fan base out of your league for ever...and simply they will unify to create an another league open for all.If i live in Saint Petersburg what makes you to believe that i am interest to follow or watch Cska Moscow or Lokomotiv Kuban that will play in that close league?I will continue to be interest and support the team of my city,Zenit.The same if i live in Valencia i will not care about Barcelona and the close league or if i live in Bucharest and from my country no team competes in that close league i will not be interest at all....i will care only for my team,Steaua.An enormous fan base will be lost across Europe and finally only bad will make to the European basketball.That s why Mr Mafia never makes his finally step as he knows that his closed league will be so easy Isolated and Failure will be guaranteed.In recent years has started to understand that his mission is impossible and start to say about Pyramid league system .Euroleague to be the first categoria with relegation to Eurocup as second categoria and finaly the third categoria which will be the national championships.It s obvious he is trying to win time because nobody can explain how we are going to avoid to become the Euroleague ....Acb.Because if year after year relegate from Euroleague other teams than Spanish and promote from Eurocup Spanish teams what finally will we have?So again his new model in practice is not possible.
            Berti has made big damage to European basketball and the only good is that his time is about to expire...
            P.s. What a post ...Terorizer!!! Thank you for the humor but most of all thank you for the truth in your words.

Comment

• No greek teams in Eurocup again.All chose the Champions league...Good to see that greek teams realise there is no point in backing Jordi's mafia.

Comment

• Or maybe these team are well aware they are not strong enough to compete in the Eurocup, while the CL will be a much easier task for them

Comment

• Besiktas president "I am opposed to Euroleague.Euroelague is a theft organization"

meanwhile Besiktas-Efes 90-71...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                    Besiktas president "I am opposed to Euroleague.Euroelague is a theft organization"

meanwhile Besiktas-Efes 90-71...
                    yeah I just saw this. His comments are being unfairly drowned in around "Fener jealousy" rhetoric in Turkey. I think his remarks are not about that at all. Instead they are probably stemming from the fact that Besiktas will not be invited to Europe's top competition (i.e. EL), even if they win the title this year. So he's pissed off. (connecting his views to this frustration is also unfair, I know).

ps. for more on his comments, see: http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleag...cial-policies/
                    Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-30-2017, 11:05 PM.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      yeah I just saw this. His comments are being unfairly drowned in around "Fener jealousy" rhetoric in Turkey. I think his remarks are not about that at all. Instead they are probably stemming from the fact that Besiktas will not be invited to Europe's top competition (i.e. EL), even if they win the title this year. So he's pissed off. (connecting his views to this frustration is also unfair, I know).

ps. for more on his comments, see: http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleag...cial-policies/
                      It is not unfair. 2 years ago he said "Our goal is to win Euroleague". He didn't change his mind, it is a pathetic attempt to belittle Fener's success and Euroleague itself as they probably won't be able to join Euroleague.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• I like eurohoops's comment

Knowing that and probably trying to diminish Fenerbahce’s achievement, which became the first Turkish team to win the EuroLeague, Orman attacked the whole league:
                        Orman also said a similar thing after losing the tour of the Football Turkish Cup to Fenerbahce... He is like a crying baby.
                        FENERBAHÇE
                        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Wait, his team gets into the finals of national championship, he says he considers euroleague as a BS organisation, since his team isn't allowed to play there, nevermind they earned it on court and he is a crybaby due to it? I don't care about any Besiktas - Fener history here, he is right on the same point some of the posters here keep repeating for the past 15 years.
                          What did Efes do to earn this perpetuous euroleague spot? They invested money? well mornin'... there are 10+ more teams that easily would have done the same if they got the place behind the green table...
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                            It is not unfair. 2 years ago he said "Our goal is to win Euroleague". He didn't change his mind, it is a pathetic attempt to belittle Fener's success and Euroleague itself as they probably won't be able to join Euroleague.
                            not everything in the world is about Fenerbahce you know.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                              Wait, his team gets into the finals of national championship, he says he considers euroleague as a BS organisation, since his team isn't allowed to play there, nevermind they earned it on court and he is a crybaby due to it?
                              First he needs to be the champion of the basketball league, he has no right to talk before it. First BJK has to defeat Efes in semi-finals then Fenerbahce-Dacka winner at the finals. Then he can talk, not before when BJK is still playing the semi-finals. And then I can consider that if he is right or not.

If they become champion (it's a very low possibility if you ask me but let's say that) then they have the right to join, but what can they do there without the enough budget ? Karsiyaka joined Euroleague in 2016, when they become the champion of 2015 Turkish league, was that a fair call ? Karsiyaka finish the 2016 euroleague groups in the fifth place (6 teams in each groups) and eliminated from the start, so what's the point without the budget ? Dacka joined the league because they had a proper budget and with that they could compete, and they even won a game against Madrid in the play-offs, these kind of teams would help the league to get better and better, not circumstantial and temporary successful teams like Karsiyaka or BJK.

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                              I don't care about any Besiktas - Fener history here, he is right on the same point some of the posters here keep repeating for the past 15 years.
                              You may not care, but Fikret Orman does, this is the guy who said Turkish Football Cup is a Milk Cup, after losing to Fenerbahce in their own home (0-1) and then he apologized for it, you can't take him seriously.
                              Last edited by Tevfik1907; 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM.
                              FENERBAHÇE
                              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                                not everything in the world is about Fenerbahce you know.
                                It is only circumstantial that he completely changed his mind one week after Fener became Euroleague champion, then. My bad.
                                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information