2016 Philippines U18 National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    I wonder If AJ Edu can already play for the U-16 and U-18 team.
    can? - yes
    will? - dont think so, not anytime soon anyway
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Ohhh thanks i got it now he needs to be 18 years old before our law can recognised him? still alot question on my mind... so if thats the case we can't recuit young fil-am kids in US? they need to be 18 before they can change their citizenship? or no? but i think this kid can apply for fiba exemption because he was born and raise here and pure pinoy by blood strong case.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
        Ohhh thanks i got it now he needs to be 18 years old before our law can recognised him? still alot question on my mind... so if thats the case we can't recuit young fil-am kids in US? they need to be 18 before they can change their citizenship? or no? but i think this kid can apply for fiba exemption because he was born and raise here and pure pinoy by blood strong case.
        Young fil-ams don't need to change citizenship, they can apply for dual citizenship as long as one of their parents is a Filipino citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
          im not sure on that part, saw this in wiki so take it with a grain of salt

Citizenship by naturalization

SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

A good prospect for our Under-18 squad.

Born Javier Joaquin Gomez de Liaño on July 27, 1998 in Mandaluyong City to Norberto Gomez de Liaño and Anna Gomez de Liaño, this 6-foot-4 forward is ready to take the cudgels of UPIS to the next level.

He scored his career high of 24 points in the UAAP season 77 basketball tournament against the Ateneo de Manila University. His pre-game rituals include spending at least five minutes alone so he could go over his past mistakes and do better in his next games. He also doesn’t forget to pray before every game. If given the chance to have a one-on-one match up with an NBA player, he likes Giannis Antetoukumpo because he is one of the most exciting players in the NBA now.
            Current and trending Philippine sports news and commentary on basketball (NBA, PBA, UAAP, NCAA), boxing (Manny Pacquiao), football (FIFA world cup), volleyball, golf, MMA/UFC, active lifestyle (running, marathon, triathlon, cycling, biking), as well as featured stories on athletes and men’s health and wellness, style and grooming.

JAVI Gomez de Llano scored 23 points and hauled down 19 rebounds to lift University of the Philippines Integrated School to a 98-92 win over Arellano on Tuesday in the 8th Smart-Pilipinas Chinese Association Basketball League Freego Cup at the Philippine Buddhacare Academy Gym.

Comment

Does anybody know how did Tyler Dorsey (US high school player with Greek lineage) got to play for Greece under the U-19? It was not clear how he got his citizenship papers (assuming before 16). But based on this article in SI.com, he may have gotten his passport and papers just months before the tournament. "The story of how the Oregon-bound recruit, just weeks removed from his high-school graduation, acquired dual citizenship and a new passport, an invite to Greece's U19 tryout camp, and then played his way onto the all-tournament team at the FIBA U19s by averaging 15.9 points per game is serendipitous and heartwarming."

The Hagop Rule states that for players to participate in FIBA-Asia tournaments, they need to obtain their passports by the age of 16. If so, in FIBA (in global perspective) allows players, as long as they have a justified lineage of citizenship to participate in the tournaments, how can it be that in Asia, this rule could apply?

This is really confusing and if true, really unfair for the Philippines.

Comment

his mom is greek. i dont remember anything about a team not allowed to have a naturalized player even in youth teams

SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

he may get the naturalized slot or maybe not.. Fiba asia is vocal about by giving asterisk on the name of the said naturalized player in any fiba asia tournament site (ie case of Biboy Enguio)
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I think he's also the only player in that U19 Greek squad who's born outside of Greece.

Comment

A couple of things to remember about Tyler Dorsey. Greece lucked out that team USA rejected Dorsey from their U-18team a year ago. If he made team USA, he is automatically disqualified from playing for Greece. Secondly, the mother apparently never renounced her Greek citizenship and had a live passport she uses for travel all this time. It did not hurt that the family had family records to establish their Greek lineage to satisfy the Greek basketball federation and government. Thirdly, despite the financial problems of Greece, the basketball federation had their act together as they brought Dorsey to Greece and worked on his papers immediately. Finally, FIBA Asia is like the UAAP board, the Hagop rule was created to limit the basketballs advantage of countries like the Philippines, Japan and Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
                        A couple of things to remember about Tyler Dorsey. Greece lucked out that team USA rejected Dorsey from their U-18team a year ago. If he made team USA, he is automatically disqualified from playing for Greece. Secondly, the mother apparently never renounced her Greek citizenship and had a live passport she uses for travel all this time. It did not hurt that the family had family records to establish their Greek lineage to satisfy the Greek basketball federation and government. Thirdly, despite the financial problems of Greece, the basketball federation had their act together as they brought Dorsey to Greece and worked on his papers immediately. Finally, FIBA Asia is like the UAAP board, the Hagop rule was created to limit the basketballs advantage of countries like the Philippines, Japan and Taiwan.
                        I get it so maybe he's their naturalized player for their team. If that's the case then it makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification, really appreciated it!

Comment

Check out the action from the recent U19s NZ vs Australia Basketball competition. We done to the Men's and Women's teams. The quality of basketball was fanta...

Sharing how basketball is played by the kids down under.

Comment

Is Joshua Sinclair eligible to play for u18 next year. Cause I heard during atayde's commentary he is only 17. If he is then

PG:Jolo Mendoza
                            SG:Ricci Rivero
                            SF:Joshua Sinclair

Comment

Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                              Is Joshua Sinclair eligible to play for u18 next year. Cause I heard during atayde's commentary he is only 17. If he is then

PG:Jolo Mendoza
                              SG:Ricci Rivero
                              SF:Joshua Sinclair
                              am impressed with this sinclair kid as well. good handles and footwork.

Comment

How tall is Sinclair and what position does he play?
                                Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information