possible rosters of eurobasket 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible rosters of eurobasket 2015

i know that is too early but i find very interesting trying to build the rosters or guess the 15-16 players that will compete for the final roster..
    my roster for greece is:

1.spanoulis-calathes
    2.zisis-sloukas
    3.antetokounmpo-papanikolaou-perperoglou
    4.printezis-kaimakoglou
    5.koufos(if he decide to play)-bourousis-vougioukas or mavrokefalidis

not a third pg as antetokounmpo can play the position

Originally posted by Giorgos Alexopoulos View Post
    1.spanoulis-calathes
    2.zisis-sloukas
    3.antetokounmpo-papanikolaou-perperoglou
    4.printezis-kaimakoglou
    5.koufos(if he decide to play)-bourousis-vougioukas or mavrokefalidis
    not a third pg as antetokounmpo can play the position
    That would be impressive roster. Massive 1 and 3 positions and good others, except 2 which is solid at best. I think Papanikolou is better point forward than Greek Freak by far by the way. This would be one of the strongest teams if all will get together, but I doubt knowing recent history of Greek NT. On the paper it would be the best team after Spain and France.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

yes,i agree but koufos thinks that he is better than tim duncan or kevin garnett and he refuses to play for his national team.the same mavrokefalidis.we will see...what about your national team?

Comment

Slovenia:

C: Begić, Vidmar ; they'll reportedly both play if healthy. Not really some great center line, but nevertheless way better than what we had in WC14
        PF: Balažič, D.Murič, Slokar ; I think E.Lorbek's career is sadly going towards the end, PF remains the weakest spot all round...
        SF: E.Murič, D. Lorbek
        SG: Z.Dragič, Blažič
        PG: G.Dragič, Klobučar; Udrih would be worth gold, however I don't think Zdovc wants him now that he wants to play
        + one of the young kids; Dončič will get called up for preparations, as far as I know Nesterovič (president of the federation now) suggested to put him in the final roster at the age of 16 already, Rebec, Nikolič, maybee even Rojc or Rupnik (all 4 PGs) - depends on their shape at that point.

Defensively on pair with just about any team in europe, however limited in some other aspects to be completely honest.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

yes,i agree but koufos thinks that he is better than tim duncan or kevin garnett and he refuses to play for his national team.the same mavrokefalidis.we will see...what about your national team?
          PG: Kalnietis
          SG: Seibutis, Pocius
          SF: Maciulis, Kuzminskas
          PF: Motiejunas, Kleiza, Jankunas
          C: Valanciunas

That should be the core.

2nd center: Javtokas, D.Lavrinovic, Kavaliauskas. Hard to say now. Depends if Darjus will be in form and willing to play. Javtokas healthy/willness to play. If both not - Kavaliauskas.

For another guard and another SG/SF there're lot of options. Best chances for PG Juskevicius IMO, he can play as SG too. Kazlauskas loves to take proven players for such important tournaments and Adas did better than Vasiliauskas last year. While Lekavicius/Kariniauskas are too inexperienced, no matter their playin' time in EL this season. NT is different.
          For SG/SF Jasaitis or Gailius, depends if Jasaitis will find a club and will be in good shape, if not I guess it's Gailius time for NT

Comment

Teodosic,Micic,Jovic/Markovic
            Bogdanovic,Nedovic
            Milosavljevic,Kalinic,Simonovic/Dangubic
            Bjelica,Mitrovic,Erceg/Macvan
            Raduljica,Kuzmic,Marjanovic/Stimac
            Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Cinciarini,Hackett
              Belinelli.Aradori,Della Valle/Vitali
              Datome,Gentile
              Gallinari,Melli
              Bargnani,Cusin,Cervi

on the paper this roster it would be the most talented italian team in the history IMO...

on the court, i don't believe that Gallinari and Bargnani can play with the NT after all these injuries...

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                Slovenia:

C: Begić, Vidmar ; they'll reportedly both play if healthy. Not really some great center line, but nevertheless way better than what we had in WC14
                PF: Balažič, D.Murič, Slokar ; I think E.Lorbek's career is sadly going towards the end, PF remains the weakest spot all round...
                SF: E.Murič, D. Lorbek
                SG: Z.Dragič, Blažič
                PG: G.Dragič, Klobučar; Udrih would be worth gold, however I don't think Zdovc wants him now that he wants to play
                + one of the young kids; Dončič will get called up for preparations, as far as I know Nesterovič (president of the federation now) suggested to put him in the final roster at the age of 16 already, Rebec, Nikolič, maybee even Rojc or Rupnik (all 4 PGs) - depends on their shape at that point.

Defensively on pair with just about any team in europe, however limited in some other aspects to be completely honest.
                if udrih wants to play,zdovc will be selfish if he dont let him play

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  PG: Kalnietis
                  SG: Seibutis, Pocius
                  SF: Maciulis, Kuzminskas
                  PF: Motiejunas, Kleiza, Jankunas
                  C: Valanciunas

That should be the core.

2nd center: Javtokas, D.Lavrinovic, Kavaliauskas. Hard to say now. Depends if Darjus will be in form and willing to play. Javtokas healthy/willness to play. If both not - Kavaliauskas.

For another guard and another SG/SF there're lot of options. Best chances for PG Juskevicius IMO, he can play as SG too. Kazlauskas loves to take proven players for such important tournaments and Adas did better than Vasiliauskas last year. While Lekavicius/Kariniauskas are too inexperienced, no matter their playin' time in EL this season. NT is different.
                  For SG/SF Jasaitis or Gailius, depends if Jasaitis will find a club and will be in good shape, if not I guess it's Gailius time for NT
                  no gecevicius?

Comment

no gecevicius?
                    No. I doubt he will be included even in preliminary roster. Limited player, no defense, doesn't suit Kazlauskas playin' style at all

Comment

if udrih wants to play,zdovc will be selfish if he dont let him play
                      Well, Udrih did close some doors in the past. I've heard a lot of contradicting stuff regarding his past NT absences and I won't comment on those. The fact is, he is playing a bball of his life this year with Grizzlies. Even if he had statisticaly wise better seasons in Sacramento, this team is rocking so far and there is no question we could use him. However he left in 2010 due to expecting a bigger role in NT and honestly Zdovc might not see things that way with Z.Dragič's energy, Murič's defense and other 3 guys in the perimeter. Hopefuly they'll work out things for the best.
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

A Eurobasket 2015 General chapter should be opened. Tournaments starts this summer and we are still writing on the Eurobasket 2013 Threads.
                        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                          A Eurobasket 2015 General chapter should be opened. Tournaments starts this summer and we are still writing on the Eurobasket 2013 Threads.
                          I agree on this
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here we go 2015 eurobasket forum at your service, thanks to Stuart

Comment

I will repeat myself from previous threads again ..

I think that there is only one spot for grabs if everyone will be healthy and there will be no weddings.. And that one spot is backup PG.. Kalzauskas will take A. Juskevicius as an insurance.. We saw how good Vasiliauskas was in preparation games and how awful he was during WC.. Juskevicius saved the day.. Imagine situation if during preparation games before Eurobasket 2015 Lekevicius (for example) will show that he is the best backup PG.. Do you think that Kazlauskas will be 100 % comfortable with him ? Knowing what happened with Vasiliauskas in WC ? And there is another reason to take Juskevicius.. Injuries.. Juskevicius can cover 3 positions in case of injury.. And I'll explain you how.. For example if one of PG gets injured during Eurobasket 2015 then Juskevicius becomes PG.. If Seibutis or Pocius gets injured then Juskevicius becomes SG.. If Maciulis or Kuzminskas gets injured then Pocius or Seibutis becomes SF and Juskevicius becomes SG.. I think Juskevicius is very important part of NT because of his skills and experience in WC.. He may play not a lot but it's good to know that you have someone to cover your back..

As for frontcourt you can argue that Darjus Lavrinovic would be better than Javtokas.. But I think that Javtokas is still our best defensive big man.. Even knowing how DMO improved his defence.. DMO and Jankunas has skills to cover absence of Lavrinovic.. And I think that DMO should start and Kleiza should be our main guy from the bench.. I think that DMO and JV complement each other very well.. Same goes for Kleiza and Javtokas..

M. Kalnietis, …………..,
                              R. Seibutis, M. Pocius, A. Juskevicius,
                              J. Maciulis, M. Kuzminskas,
                              D. Motiejunas, L. Kleiza, P. Jankunas,
                              J. Valanciunas, R. Javtokas.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information