No announcement yet.

2015 4th FIBA Asia U16 Championship [Jakarta, Indonesia, Oct 29-Nov 7]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ I see. If he plays for China instead, though, well...

But with Guo Ailun around, they probably don't need any more PGs for a long time.
    Originally posted by gideon
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      Korea over-achieved. 2 weeks worth of practice and finished top. Most talented U16 team since the generation of Jeong Young-Sam, Yang Hee-Jong and Park Chan-Hee.
      Lebanon didnt practice at all, we were actually going to pull out..till the last minute some money was available to travel lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
        Lebanon didnt practice at all, we were actually going to pull out..till the last minute some money was available to travel lol.
        Still ended up 6th and got that huge win over Japan to take 2nd place in the group stages.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
          ^ I see. If he plays for China instead, though, well...

But with Guo Ailun around, they probably don't need any more PGs for a long time.
          he does see himself as Taiwanese, he spends a lot of time here and has done a lot of things to ingratiate himself to the culture. I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if he ever played for China. Even his brother came here to play in the SBL. His family is here. Post NBA I think he'll always get love and respect in his native country of Taiwan. It would certainly be exciting if he suited up, but over the next few years I'm not sure he'd push the team over the top since there is such a need for a youth movement at the SMNT level.

Philippines with Clarkson is by far the scariest potential addition, especially retaining an in-shape Blatche! I have high hopes the Philippines can make it out of the qualifying tournament and get to Brazil if that happens. I am concerned that the NBA free agency period falls directly in the middle of the OQT with the moratorium ending at the same time as the tournament.....
          We The North

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
            You guys and your players deserve a federation with clear oversight and works with schedule when it comes to planning such as budget and training format.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
              he does see himself as Taiwanese, he spends a lot of time here and has done a lot of things to ingratiate himself to the culture. I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if he ever played for China. Even his brother came here to play in the SBL. His family is here. Post NBA I think he'll always get love and respect in his native country of Taiwan. It would certainly be exciting if he suited up, but over the next few years I'm not sure he'd push the team over the top since there is such a need for a youth movement at the SMNT level.

Philippines with Clarkson is by far the scariest potential addition, especially retaining an in-shape Blatche! I have high hopes the Philippines can make it out of the qualifying tournament and get to Brazil if that happens. I am concerned that the NBA free agency period falls directly in the middle of the OQT with the moratorium ending at the same time as the tournament.....
              China will be shocked if he ever played for our NT, too. No linsanity or fans here. Maybe someday he would play in CBA, that's the time for him to choose whether as a local player (basically Chinese taipei players are treated as local Chinese) or an import player.

Comment

• A 6'8" Chinese kid named Xuxin ZHAO has joined Belgrade-based Vizura Shrak youth academy led by coach Zarko Vucurovic, renowned as one of Serbia's top coach for young big men. In the past Vucurovic worked with NBAer Nikola Pekovic and Euroleaguers Nikola Milutinov and Luka Mitrovic, just to name a few).

To date, Xuxin ZHAO played 2 games in the U17 Cadet League of Serbia. In his last week's debut, he registered 11 point on 4/4 FG & 2 boards in 21 minutes against Zemun, while he really struggled in his second match against powerhouse Crvena Zvezda ending the game with 4 points on 2/9 FG, 2 rebounds and 1 block in 27 minutes on the court.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information