No announcement yet.

European prospects born 97'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I herd rumours Cibona wich has good 97. generation and is best Croatian team could not participate do to sponsor changed from nike to adidas. Now It's published Jordan brand signed big contract with our federation for next 11years mostley thanks to our young prospects....and this Zeljko Draksic words confirm there is truth in that

“This is not just uniforms, money or the sports products. We are now in the Nike family and Jordan family. It means that all our young players who will go to the United States for camps and Nike camps will be under control of the Nike or Jordan brand. All of our coaches who would like to study or be in the United States or learn or something like that everything will be under control of the Jordan brand. And because of that we feel that we are now a member of the Jordan brand family. This is really great for us,” said Draksic.

Let’s look at that for a second again: “… will go to the United States for camps and Nike camps will be under control of the Nike or Jordan brand…”

well atlest we migt now get some ref's protection
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
      that's far away from truth. Lovro Mazalin wasted his season in Cedevita.

It's big difrece from developing Korkmaz or Zizic (who has great year in Cibona and Gorica) then players such as Bender or Mazalin. Korkmaz ca spot up and shoot, Zizic can make screen, but Mazalin and Bender must be developed as creators, not rolle players. It's much better for Bender to play when he can perfect his 1 on 1 game, take ball coast to coast and so on then just runn up and down and make screans. Just like Mazalin is just wasting time in Cedevita as corner filler, whille he should be creator

Bender and Zizic have proper development, unfortunally Mazalin does not
      I like this kind of reasoning. These young guys have to be fine-tuned for years in order to reach their full potential. I've watched Mazalin just a few times and I was very impressed. To hear he's reduced to a corner filler sadens me, because he has a extremely high ceiling. If the bring him up slowly and adequately, that is. It's ok to get some burn and the highest level, but if that means being reduced to a marginal role without any meaningful PT, then it's not worth it.

Comment

Edin Atić is our definitely best player in generation 1997, great shooter.

Just look at 00 : 44, 01 : 26, 01 : 35, 01 : 50 and 02 : 14(he is number 6).

Nedim Đedović is our second best player of generation 97, when I compare him with his older brother Nihad, he isn't so fast but have better 3 point shot.
        Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Ante Toni Zizic was in shadow of Mazalin and Bender, bit geting bigger and better each day

Ante Zizic '97 - CibonaScouting Report basketballplayeradvisor.comCompetitions:ABA LeagueVideo:abaliga.comPhotos:cibona.comMusic:Freestyle. "JM Street Beat"....
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Atic, all I know was that he showed problematic behaviour few years ago during Bosnia's U16 national team camp and got excluded from the squad, and above all that he didn't pass medical examinations at Real Madrid and Cedevita Zagreb due to a heart condition. Apart from that, he is a very good player for his age.
              Last edited by serbianhoops; 03-19-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Vlatko Čančar (97', 201cm, SF) signed a 5 years deal with Olimpija Ljubljana!
                Mesiček will be able to sign his first pro contract in a month. Hopefully smart enough not to get lured to some Armani Milano, or God forbid Unicaja Malaga or such...
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Charalampopoulos, in an uneven game, had 18 PIR yesterday against CSKA.

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Comment

Mesiček ended up as the best scorer and 2nd best in valorization in Slovenian 2nd division. Not really some astonishing level there, however I don't remember an U18 years old player achieving that.
                    21.1 PPG, 59.8% F2, 40.8 % F3, 82.4 % FT, 4 RPG, 2.8 APG, 20.2 RKG in 33.12 minutes

Within the next few days Olimpija will have an 1 month edge over the competition to try to sign him long term, just as with Čančar, place in the first team is basicaly guaranteed than.
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Egehan Arna of Fenerbahçe Ülker is one of the interesting talents of our 97' generation. His style doesn't look similar with any kind of Turkish player. Tall, good passer, good penetration skills, solid shooter,court vision and good ball handling skills. He played as PG in the latest Turkish youth championships but this year he played sometimes as SG and SF in regional league. He performed very well in regional league where Fenerbahçe's best young players play for Fenerbahçe B team. They are playing with older players and get hard physical contacts that make them more tough for the future.

He has problem with finding his right position. He is getting taller day to day and can't find his right position. He has good hands to play as PG but as far as I know he is more than 2.00 m and when we consider the fact he will get over his height, it would be better if he can change into a SF or SG according to his physical tools. This is a big problem for young players and we see the same situation into Tolga Geçim(1996). He also struggles with finding the most beneficial position for himself. Let's look at the bright side then, if he plays as SF in the future, he will be able to handle the ball and we will have a new player who is similar with Emir Preldzic in ball handling ability. One thing that I like about his game, he knows to pass the ball. Everyone can pass the ball but you need to do something different to make yourself distinguish from the usual. Arna is doing this regularly. Whenever I think, there is no pass channel in hard situations, he finds the right man, right time. This is one of the good stuffs from unique players. His first step is already efficient and that makes him to pass his opponent easily when he starts to drive through the board. Good penetration skill thanks to his first step and long leg length. He is also successful to find his teammates through penetration. He is thinking fast, on lay-up always looking around to find somebody else. If he can't find, then finishes the positions with high rate. Good finisher. He is using left hand, his shooting percentage is not that good but it is because of he shoots too much in regional league. This is the result of his role in team. Ömer Faruk Yurtseven and Egehan Arna the first two score options in Fenerbahçe B team and they have to shoot the ball doesn't matter how, in some of positions. That decreases his percentage but this doesn't mean he is a bad shooter. In Junior Euroleague games, he was the hero of most of the games and made lots of crucial threes. Another good thing for Egehan, he is active in hustles and rebounds. Even though he played as guard, he grabbed most of the rebounds and has a good rebound statistic for a guard which is 5,6 per game. Most of the rebounds that he grabs are the ones that bounced to painted area. He is earning his bread in that area. His good rebound skill makes me think he really should play as SF in the future.

The negative points of him is his defense for sure. He can't defend some of the quick guys because his feet are not that quick to defend someone who is too mobile. He needs to improve his quickness if he wants to remain in this position. If he wants to play SF, he needs to gain strength. That's why he is the meat in the sandwich. He needs to decide his position firstly and after that needs to work on the priorities of his position. I don't really want this guy to be wasted. He is a special talent and I hope, next year he will get some minutes from Obra. He is enough talent when I think; Kenan Sipahi plays for Fenerbahçe Ülker. He still has lots of times to improve and shape his game.

If he gains strength, this guy will definitely be a NBA material. European basketball needs a special player like him and Turkish basketball does.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Probably Stephen Curry saw my post and decided to invite Egehan Arna to his private camp. Egehan Arna and few other young talents will work with Stephen Curry this summer. This will be a great experience for him.
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Furkan Korkmaz will shatter a record by playing in different national team levels this summer. U18, U19, U20 and Senior NT. Both of the NT coaches declared their interests for Korkmaz.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                            Furkan Korkmaz will shatter a record by playing in different national team levels this summer. U18, U19, U20 and Senior NT. Both of the NT coaches declared their interests for Korkmaz.
                            I think there's rule that one player can't play for more than 2 teams during one summer

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                              I think there's rule that one player can't play for more than 2 teams during one summer
                              Nope, they can play more than 2 teams. There were already some players who played in U18, U19 and Senior National Team.
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                                Nope, they can play more than 2 teams. There were already some players who played in U18, U19 and Senior National Team.
                                Maybe it changed then. I remember Valanciunas or Motiejunas wasn't allowed to play for 3rd few years back

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information