X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Prospects born 96'

eurohopes
    draftexpress

Obviously the no.1 is Domantas Sabonis. Going to NCAA shows he probably intends to go NBA-way without additional stops in europe

I missed most of the U18 championship, so this year is much harder to evaluate for me.

Marko Arapović has a good frame, got technical skills, range, however is average athleticaly. I like those kind of players nevertheless, he is getting really good minutes with Cedevita this year and should develop into a really nice player if injuries stay out of his way, surpasing his fathers career
    Jules Dang-Akodo is a bit overated as far as I am concerned, watched quite some U18 games in his times with Olimpija and while I can easily aknowledge his athleticism, wingspan and intensity when he tries will enable him to play a really high quality defense, the fact that Olimpija didn't include him in the first team for the sake of other players as Marinelli (95'), Šiško (97') on PG and Hrovat (94'), Mešiček (97') on SG isn't exactly a coincidence. If we'd really be talking about a top10 player of his class as he was advertised in the past, be sure they'd find a room for him.
    Vasilije Vučetić has a good frame, yet will mostlikely be excluded from NBA considerations due to his athleticism, on the bright side posses a high bball IQ and is reportedly the guy working hardest on practices. Should have a really nice career in europe.
    Euohopes have Matej Kavaš ranked as 7th, however there are rumours that he'll cash in his talent for some university in US and won't pursue a pro bball career, just like his simmilary talented older brother didn't

I'd love to comment on more talents, yet it's been a while Hakanson, Mussini, Lazarević appeared in front of my eyes
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

If Berk ugurlu maintains progressing on his shooting ability, he will become a really good point guard.
    His driving and ball handling ability is great on his age. He also has great court vision

btw, federico musssini is my favourite.
    I watched him twice in Turkey this summer. impressive player, maybe a future phenomena

Comment

Best '96 born player Egemen Guven in Europe. He was the mvp of last u18 tourney. Draftnet and draftexpress mentions about him as a lottery pick prospect.

A scout analysis about him by nbadraftnet

NBA Comparison: Pau Gasol
      Strengths: There are many things to like about Guven's game that makes him so intriguing for the NBA ... He really reminds a lot of people of a young Pau Gasol ... Guven, like the Spanish PF, is a really skilled player, not a bully kind of player, he actually uses his skill to score in the post ... He can finish on both blocks going over both shoulders, something rare to see at any level ... His little hook is very soft and precise ... He also has very good footwork, knows how to use his pivot feet and has the agility to work around bigger defenders and explode to the basket ... Very long and tall, Guven isn’t an ultra athletic or strong player but really knows how to run the floor and around the basket he is better than what people think in dunking on drop offs even when contested ... Another quality that I love about Guven is that he never brings the ball down to his waist on offensive rebounds or high passes ... He has great balance and trust in his body to finish quickly at the rim ... he's a good passer out of the post, he likes to make assists, but has also the IQ to just kick the ball out when nothing is there ... He can shoot FTs without problem and has a nice shot from the elbows. He doesn’t really have a face up game but could develop it in the future ... Defensively he is not really a rim protector, but has good instincts for rebounds and has underrated lateral movements ... On P&Rs he does a good job in showing and hedging hard, sometimes even switching where he uses his long arms to contest smaller players shots. Overall some of the qualities he has are so rare in a 6’11’’ player with upside left to develop; Guven has to be considered one of the top, if not the top prospect of 1996 class in Europe ...

Weaknesses: The major weakness that jumps out is his lack of strength ... Stronger and more athletic players do not intimidate him but he does struggle a lot to finish and take position against them ... Like many skilled players, he prefers the game when the game is cleaner, and more closely officiated ... He doesn’t thrive when defenders get into him and push him around ... He is not a great athlete, something that at the highest level could limit his efficiency on the boards ... The shot right now is efficient, but a little slow, and overall his game is very slow once he catches the ball ... He is more efficent when he doesn’t get sped up, and he will have to learn how to do speed up his moves ... Defensively as well, he struggles against tougher guys who get under his hips ... He also settles too much behind them in the post. He can't afford to do that in the NBA or he will get killed by bigger players ... He lacks a face up game, something he should work on to be able to play 4 in the NBA ... The big concern is that he will never be able to put on enough muscle and strength to compete with the best players in the world. And if he does that he will somehow lose some of the skills that make him unique ... He needs to take advantage of the upside he has, working hard on his upper body, and keep building on his skillset, if he does that I’m confident in 5 years he could become a very dangerous matchup at any level ...

Notes: One of the most impressive players at the recent Euro U18 in Konya, Turkey ... Guven led Turkey to the gold medal, performing at high level night after night ... He ended up averaging 14 ppg and 7 rpg though his stats are diminished due to the fact that he played only 9 minutes vs. Serbia in the game when Turkey rested most of their key players ... Against Spain he had 21 and 18 with a very impressive game against one of the rising players in Europe, Sima .

Comment

the other elite '96 born prospects in Europe; Marc Garcia , Okben Ulubay, Federico Mussini, Ludde Hakanson, Berk Ugurlu, Jan Niklas Wimberg, Tolga Gecim

Comment

Pierfranscesco Oliva 6-8 small foward ,best case he will be a similar Gallinari healthy we hope...

Comment

Egemen Guven is great, hope he ends up being a top level player, but I liked Arapovic's game more during u18 last year... I think his father is also big plus for him, looking to the future...
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Franjo Arapović had 2 silver medals with Yugoslavia and Croatia, 2 euroleague titles with Cibona, that surely helps when his son's succes is in question. Guidance, attention to details, those little vet secrets and experience...
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                Egemen Guven is great, hope he ends up being a top level player, but I liked Arapovic's game more during u18 last year... I think his father is also big plus for him, looking to the future...
                For me Guven is number one in 96. generation without competition. 96. overall is quite thin, but Guven is top class prospect

As for Marko he stoped with his growth, but thakfully he has skillset to play PF. He worked alot on his athletic abilitys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XehPRswGDs and high level euroleague is not out of reach for him.

From Croatia another intresting prospect is Luka Bozic (195 SG). Plays great in Croatian A1for Zagreb. Has great skills and IQ and has good shoot, reminds me on Fridzon. Has also great lenght. Unfortunally is very slow and unathletic. And he shoot is slow motion, very unorthodox from ground. Eurocup level should be lockd considering way he plays, but top eurolegue level is erey questinable as these days top EL athleticisam raised quite alot
                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Kenan Karahodžić of Unicaja Malaga is our best prospect from generation 96'. He is a 210 cm tall center. He even played in couple of Euroleague games in this season for Unicaja , but most of the time he plays for Clinicas Rincon in spanish second league(7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game).

Too bad that because he is born and raised in another state there are administrative barriers and he currently can't play for our youth national teams, but our basketball Federation say that he will play for us, sooner or later.

I belive that because of same reason he didn't played on U18 European championship, there is no his name on Eurohopes Top 50 list of generation 1996, he just isn't well known. But he is 22 on DraftExpers list of best prospects generation 1996.
                  Last edited by BiHBasket; 02-12-2015, 07:17 AM.
                  Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Here is the scouting video of Tolga Geçim. He is the brightest Turkish prospect. Definitely better potential than Osman, Ulubay and Korkmaz. Look at his court vision. He has a court vision like Spanoulis or Teodosic. I want him to be main character in National Team.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                      Here is the scouting video of Tolga Geçim. He is the brightest Turkish prospect. Definitely better potential than Osman, Ulubay and Korkmaz. Look at his court vision. He has a court vision like Spanoulis or Teodosic. I want him to be main character in National Team.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8wyswwgv4
                      His court vision simply brilliant he collected 9 assist against Fenerbahçe but he is not so reliable shooter and also he has slow legs need to improve and add some muscle because of that doesn't seems athletic enough for the senior level.

Comment

Plays for Unicaja in Euroleague

At the same time he plays for Cilinicas Rincon in Spanish second league - highlights

He says that his position is power forward, but with that size(209 cm) and this style of play, he would be great small forward.
                        Last edited by BiHBasket; 04-01-2015, 12:13 PM.
                        Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Antonio Vrankovic (C 211), son of Stojko Vrankovic comited to Duke. I don't remember him as big prospect (saw him 2 years ago last time) but they all say he developed dramaticy. This season he broke Brandon Knight highschool record for points in single game

does not look athletic as father, but it looks he has better touch

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

The U-18 MVP Egemen Güven will probably join a NCAA team after this wasted season. He couldn't play at all, due to his injury from his back.
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

What's the chance for him to be the same case as Enes Kanter? Hadn't he played professionally for Karsiyaka?
                              Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                              Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information