No announcement yet.

European Prospects born 96'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, that rule changed last year. If the players earn less than 100 k per year, they can apply for NCAA. Plus he needs to be 18 or younger.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Okben Ulubay can be described as a natural born scorer. He has a lot of skills that make impact on the every dimension of basketball. When we have a look at his offense, it is logical to say he is a reliable shooter. He doesn't avoid of shooting from off-screens which is a valuable thing for a SF in these days. He generally trusts his own shoot and in some positions, instead of driving towards basket, he prefers shooting mid range shoots with high success rate. His mid range shoots make differences during game because he can shoot pop-shoots, catch n shoots and off-screen shoots. The diversity of his shooting skill is a great plus sign for his game. Whenever the team needs score or a positive thing, Okben Ulubay is there to make it happens.

Ball handling, post up plays, composure, agility and driving ability of Ulubay are the other things that have helped him to be a good prospect. Even though he tends to shoot to ball instead of driving, whenever he sees the deficiency of defense, he drives in through the painted area and finishes it with high determination. He likes to play isolation when he catches a mismatch and if the big man is on him, he prefers to drive, if the opponent is weaker physically, he plays post up games. The hand that he uses create big problems for his opponents since he is left handed player but can use his two hands very effectively. He can handle the ball very well and when the pressure is on him, he has a level hand to make everything in proper way. Enigmatically, his composure is the biggest part of his game. He is a type of guys who can be called as buzzer beater guy. He has some games where he scored almost zero points, but still his teammates believe in him and give the ball to him to make a miracle which is not a hard task for him.

His physical tools are really great. He has long arms and he is like an octopus in D. He is a SF but really has a good block average. Since his first step is so quick, in defensive dimension of game, he doesn't let his opponents to pass him with relative ease. He has everything to be a great defensive player. I also find him so clever in D, he avoids unnecessary contacts which can cause fouls.

He has some deficiencies. Those deficiencies are the mostly mental ones. He is an inconsistent player. He scores 38 points in one game but the next game he disappears. He has a lot of up and downs during the game. He pulls something out of hat in one position however he is making easy mistakes in another position. The inconsistency of him is the biggest question mark for many people. Everybody expects so much things from him. He always look cool and a little bit reckless after he makes mistakes. The general idea of Turkish basketball society is: Individual scorer and if he starts to realize how much talented he is, he can be the next Ginobili for NBA.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I'm a bit of disappointed because Unicaja didn't loan Kenan Karahodzic to some other ACB league team. Instead, he will play for Clinicas Rincon Malaga and occasionally for Unicaja, he is considered as the "13th player in Unicaja roster".

While there is no hype around him like some other Bosnian prospects, I belive he will make great things. Even at Eurobasket 2017 I expect him in the roster. He is 6' 10'' but because of quick feets he can play SF position, although PF is his primary position right now. He is a good three point shoter, like some other Bosnian PF prospects too, but there is one difference, he is a good three point shoter with a quick release, and that's very important. He is a decent athete too, so his combination of size, shooting and athleticism makes him really good prospect. But his game in the paint is weak, he just doesn't possess technique or strenght to be threat around the rim. I hope he will not end as that "tall guy who only shoot for 3" type of player, Zoran Erceg for example.
        Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information