European prospects born 95'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
    If Dario would have gone to NBA with his current status, he wouldn't have long career especially under current 76'ers.
    Now he is learning under Ivkovic, important school for every player.
    Cedi became all around player under him, Furkan improves his defensive skills.
    I believe Dario is doing right thing. Every European player should play at least two years at Euroleague level...
    When Dirk nowitzki was selected, Dallas mavericks was one the worst team in NBA
    You are too wrong about 76ers issue..
    He would get a lot of minutes, If he played for 76ers this season. Covington gets approximately 30min. per game.

with the difference of all 2014 draft class players, Saric proved himself in professional level with winning a domestic championship
    Staying for 2 years will waste his time to become an all star calibre player.

NBA is better school than europe for these kind of potantial players.

Cedi & korkmaz are quite different issues
    Last edited by bukefalos; 02-03-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

this week vs paok away game, dominates

vezenkov is the first scorer 18p, first in ranking, second rebound 8reb in the greek league, fourth in % 2fg, third in 3% fg, unheard stuff for 19 year old player in greek league

in that early age i think only stojakovic had similar numbers but was injured most of the time

Comment

Best player of Barcelona II in third spanish league(16.1 points and 8.9 rebounds per game).

He is a bit of undersized PF(206 cm), but explosive and can be used as stretch four because of his shoting abilty. He desperately needs to play on better leven in next season, spanish third league just isn't something te be proud about.

Nedim Buza is 7th on DraftExpress list and 9th on Eurohopes list, but he is not progressing as expected.

What a amazing kid he was before couple of years:

Nedim Buza 31 points against Unicaja

If his club Spars Sarajevo qualifies in ABA league or he moves in better league, there is a still hope that he can be a great player one day.

Our domestic championship is just too weak, you can't progress playing against such a weak teams. He is on 12.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.6 asist and 1.2 steals per game in our league.
        Last edited by BiHBasket; 02-13-2015, 06:19 AM.
        Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Since the beginning of the season(Euroleague), only Hezonja and Osman take regular minutes in their teams. 95' generation is not sufficient to be honest.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

is there any info if kouzeloglou stays in partizan for the next year?he doesnt get much playing time this year(he was in lower level division in greek league, so it seems logic he cant help them righ away)

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
              As explained here, we're trying out a new policy regarding european talents thread.

Even if it's more or less NBA related site, draftexpress still pretty much nails it for european basketball as well, with the exception for those that have great NBA body or far from it, yet might nevertheless make an impact in euro bball.

As far as my taste goes...
              1. Hežonja, undisputable no.1
              2. Porzigins, incredibly intriguing wih his wingspan - of course there is always a big-man bias at such rankings however... they're rare
              3. Osman

which basicaly copies the draftexpress list.
              Others are nearer in terms of potential imho, although some might surprise.
              I love Rade Zagorac, he might develop into a legit SG even with his height, reportedly at 204 cm. That fact alone will give him tons of oppurtunity above his level as I don't doubt there will be lots of coaches intrigued by the tactical oppurtunities a 204cm SG can provide.
              Rebec sadly got injured untill the end of the season, he is pretty much the opposite to Zagorac with his 180cm height, however if anyone, he can be the player to switch some dogmas as far as PG height goes. Absolutely impossible to guard untill game gets too physical for him.
              Wasn't too impressed with Pacesniks with Riga. I believe we can classify him more into that "NBA prospects" group than the european one. Intriguing height and wingspan, decent motorics, tall players do tend to mature later, however his technical knowledge isn't right there yet and as much as many consider that repairable, only few manage to repair it noticably once they're around 20 years old or above.
              Emir Sulejmanović has some good potential to become a good all-round PF, however I think he kicked in the dark by going to Barca's second team, he could've been in the rotation with Olimpija for 2 years already now, time will tell...
              Diamantakos is low on the DE's list, of course as it's put together mostly from the NBA perspective. His athleticism might be a downside for that, however I do think he should make quite a career in europe. He is big, has upper body strenght, has technical knowledge, imho should've get to the EL level.

Out of the guys from Slovenia, Aleksej Nikolič (190cm, PG) might develop in the right way, he is much less flashy than Rebec, yet effective all round type PG, plays mature bball
              Croatian Paolo Marinelli (191cm, PG) gained his confidence back recently, has great intuition for penetration, good shooter and a ball handler - which is kind of my prefered type of PG's as I am not exactly fan of those 200cm PG's not able to crack the defensive rotation at will.
              Diamantakos is listed as 6'11 at DE but he is a legitimate 7 footer at 24. But his legs are extremely slow, I have great doubts about his future.

Diamantidis in a recent (and rare) interview, when asked about foreign players he likes, singled out Hezonjia as a player he really likes. Takes a good PG to know one.

Comment

Mario Hezonja: ''I should be the first pick in NBA Draft''. This kind of assertive comment makes him minger. I even don't think he will be placed in first 5 picks.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Well, most of euro prospects simply drop out of consideration for the top5 picks since they don't have an NBA body. Especialy as far as quickness, vert or wingspan are concerned, an inch, or two on various span-departments or a bit of quickness is the biggest tie-breaker out there, even if for my opinion overated one, but that's another story.
                  That being sad, Hežonja while being an extraordinary athlete for european standard, actualy is an above average athlete for NBA standard, which is exactly why we're able to talk about him as far as top5 draft in the first place.

Top10 of various mock drafts were never accurate at this time of the year, with the exception of those superstars to be, which are bound to be no.1, no.2 of the draft and a safebet future for some franchise, so basicaly time will tell as far as Hežonja goes.
                  I personaly like him a lot and his upside is just tremendous. However, there are two things where people very often go wrong about an individuals bball potential, first is his ability to shoot from the range and the second one are flashy dunks, Hežonja has both of them and drops into that dangerous cathegory, there is no question he'll be a great player, however evaluating some of the less visible stuff will determine how great he might become, as well as how high he'd be drafted.

If things go his way and he wouldn't drop out of the lottery for some reason, that comment will actualy be considered as something positive by NBA scouts, to a big suprise for the "modest" europe, as some level of "cocky", brings in competitiveness needed to achieve something more than just an average career.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Cedi Osman confirmed he will enter NBA draft this year.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

As per NBA Draft sites I follow (nbadraft.net / draft express) he is expected to be selected in second round 40/49 respectively.
                      Even though he is selected, he will stay with Efes two more years.
                      That means he is with us till 2017 Summer at least...
                      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Both of those sites are very conservative as far as european prospects go at this stage of the season. The fact he is considered for the second round, especialy after the march madness as a guard/forward is a good sign, as first round is practicaly reserved either for big guys as Porzigins or exceptional players as Hezonja.
                        Declaring for draft means Osman will play in some of the scrimmages before the draft and those will have the biggest impact on his draft stocks, for top euro players that's ussualy the point where they either get exposed on some parts of their game or improve their draft stocks as those depend on production.
                        People don't ussualy believe the extent of various measurements having on the draft, not ideal if you ask me, but a cm of wingspan or standing height or some tenths of a second in some drill ussualy have some major impact on the draft stocs.

Rade Zagorac (204cm-SG/SF-95') also entering draft and he is just the perfect example of above philosophy that will benefit greatly from it and will appear in the mock-drafts as well as pretty likely be selected in the second round based on his physique
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I also don't think those mock draft sites are reliable. Their first 5 pick selections are generally right after but everyone can guess who will be in top 5 selection. Those sites are nothing special. They treat European players like second class basketball players so it is a little bit normal Osman is placed in very late pick there. My prediction is Osman will be selected in first round because he is an ambitios guy and can give his maximum in work outs this summer. His stats are too close to Hezonja's stats but Hezonja's mediatic attitudes and flashy athleticism makes him more suitable than Osman. I also find Hezonja better player than Osman although there is no big differences between them.
                          Osman is a fast break monster, his agility, pace and anticipation through fast break makes him great. He also has u 20 MVP title that is considered as an advantage in selections.
                          He will be 25th pick and my sixth sense tells me 76ers will select him :P
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I don't think he will have time to go and impress NBA teams with the workouts.
                            Draft will be end of June. If Efes qualifies for finals, probably league will end around 15-20 June.
                            Play offs will start around 15th May. In case F.Bahçe Ülker qualifies for Euroleague Final 4, earliest date they will start play offs are not before 22nd May. I don,t expect SFs start before 27th May.
                            There might be a chance for Cedi if Efes don't qualify for TBL finals... I don't see this happening. FB Ãœlker - Efes final will be legendary...
                            Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

I think 10 days are enough for impressing scouts. The schedule of workouts are not too flexible tho. Scouts already have detailed reports of players and Europeans like Cedi can play their last cards in this work outs. I heard many of GMs change their minds in these times.
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                                I also don't think those mock draft sites are reliable. Their first 5 pick selections are generally right after but everyone can guess who will be in top 5 selection. Those sites are nothing special. They treat European players like second class basketball players so it is a little bit normal Osman is placed in very late pick there. My prediction is Osman will be selected in first round because he is an ambitios guy and can give his maximum in work outs this summer. His stats are too close to Hezonja's stats but Hezonja's mediatic attitudes and flashy athleticism makes him more suitable than Osman. I also find Hezonja better player than Osman although there is no big differences between them.
                                Osman is a fast break monster, his agility, pace and anticipation through fast break makes him great. He also has u 20 MVP title that is considered as an advantage in selections.
                                He will be 25th pick and my sixth sense tells me 76ers will select him :P
                                Not single mock draft is 100% relible

Chad Ford mock draft is best because he has best inside informations about what general menegers and scouts think about each player, but he has no clue about basketball. But for inside stuff he is go to guy.

draftnet and DX in other hand developed into best draftsites. And more inportant is their projection on how player can be developed then position that will be drafted. In the end that is only important

And that is fun of the draft and valueing prospects. You have to predict how some player will play in 5-10 years in game that is changing.
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information