No announcement yet.

Fil-am NBA player Jordan Clarkson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Hagop rule will be lifted it will be interesting to see Blatche,Taut'uaa,Holt,Clarkson and Pringle on the Gilas lineup.
    Last edited by Alex07; 03-11-2015, 11:36 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Got to admit i didn't think he would be this good as a rookie: that's a lot of highlights
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMmaUQH2CA
      Just like JuneMar, you didn't think that he would be effective in FIBA World Cup???
      https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        Got to admit i didn't think he would be this good as a rookie: that's a lot of highlights
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMmaUQH2CA
        Just like JuneMar, you didn't think that he would be effective in FIBA World Cup???
        https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          If Hagop rule will be lifted it will be interesting to see Blatche,Taut'uaa,Holt,Clarkson and Pringle on the Gilas lineup.
          Hopefully they focus on bloodline, not on this crappy citizenship by birth
          We need a player like him today, THE LIM-SANITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGemiWN6t0E

Comment

Clarkson played very competitive in his match-up vs Stephen Curry at PG , game went to OT. JC- 17 pts, SC- 19 pts
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Zach Randolph On Jordan Clarkson: ‘He’s Going To Be Good’ :

Jordan Clarkson Emerging as Impressive NBA Draft Steal for Los Angeles Lakers:

Jordan Clarkson getting tutored by Bryant, Nash:
              LOS ANGELES – When rookie Jordan Clarkson went to the bench Tuesday, the tutor waiting for him was Kobe Bryant. A day later, he was scheduled to return to the Lakers’ training facility …

Comment

The Emergence Of Jordan Clarkson

In 19 games as a starter, Clarkson has averaged 14.4 points, 4.1 assists, and shooting at a 45% clip in 30.4 minutes. Furthermore, Scott has no plans to bench him, as Clarkson has been the only constant starter in Scott’s ever changing starting rotation. His per-36 minutes for the season come out to 16.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 4.2 assists.

Standing 6’5” with a wingspan of 6’8”, the rookie presents a size advantage against other point guards in the league. His lanky build allows him to see over smaller guards in order to make the pass or dissect the defensive scheme. The ability to play both guard positions has allowed Scott to insert him in more lineups than traditional point guards. Additionally, the Lakers have not acquired someone as young and athletic as Clarkson for some time. Here is an example that shows his athleticism and speed from one end to another.

Clarkson’s greatest asset as a player is his speed, and about 21% of the plays he executes are in transition, compiling a 1.16 PPP. This is significant to his development as it shows that he understands his strengths and weaknesses within his gameplay.

The Filipino-American has always been able to get to the rim at ease. He has attempted the most shots this season within five feet (124). Nowhere else on the court does he even attempt shots at half that amount.

Jordan Clarkson is speedy and versatile with his size and has become a great pick out of the second round by the Lakers.

Comment

.....CAdDqdwUwAAAMMK.jpg

Comment

Wow, Clarkson looks really interested in joining Gilas. Now I wish Junemar becomes a beast (Haddadi-like) so that we won't need a naturalized big man.

I still can't believe that there was a time when Tab Baldwin didn't know who Clarkson is. Hahahaha.

Comment

I think eventually long term (2017 -2019) Jordan will play for the NT at least in some games

'The difficult thing for Jordan is traditionally the Philippines needs a big man in a naturalized role,' says national team coach Tab Baldwin

Seriously for the world cup (if we make 1 or the 8 spots a cinch) I'd rather see Jordan C in the Gilas uniform with our local bigs rather than naturalising another Blatche
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

HUGE line in a loss against Russell Westbrook and the Thunder tonight.

30 points (12/19 FG, 2/3 3FG, 4/6 FT) -- career-high
                        4 rebounds
                        7 assists
                        3 blocks -- career-high, one of which was on Enes Kanter; previously averaged 0.13 blocks for the season
                        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal with only 3 turnovers(note:he's just a rookie) and a foul!

12/19 (63.2%) 2pt-FG
                          2/3 (66.7%) 3-pt FG
                          4/6 (66.7%) FT

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
                            30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks and only 3 turnovers(note:he's just a rookie)!
                            Talk about bouncing back big-time. Clarkson had been scoring in double digits for 11 straight games before a couple of 8-point games. Then this one comes. Boom! He won't likely make the All-Rookie Team, but with Nash out of the Lakers roster next season, people need to watch out for him.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                              Talk about bouncing back big-time. Clarkson had been scoring in double digits for 11 straight games before a couple of 8-point games. Then this one comes. Boom! He won't likely make the All-Rookie Team, but with Nash out of the Lakers roster next season, people need to watch out for him.
                              We hope it's not just because the Lakers suck and that he can be a legit starter for any NBA team indeed. i thought i saw a Lin-Clarkson starting backcourt tonight, i think the first time Byron Scott did it this year.

Also, i hope Kobe Bryant doesn't recover from his injuries-- Clarkson will go back to averaging 2 shots in 25 minutes after the Mamba returns
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Andrew Wiggins will win Rookie of the Year. Nikola Mirotic is making an impact for a playoff team, and Elfrid Payton is stuffing the stat sheet. But no first-year player’s success has been more surprising than that of Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson.

Jordan Clarkson's 30 point Night is Highlighted by Effortless by Effortless slams

Andrew Wiggins will win Rookie of the Year. Nikola Mirotic is making an impact for a playoff team, and Elfrid Payton is stuffing the stat sheet. But no first-year player’s success has been more surprising than that of Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson.

The Missouri product enjoyed a career performance against the Oklahoma City Thunder tonight, scoring a personal best of 30 points (12-19 FGs) and doling out seven assists. And while Clarkson’s pick-and-roll comfort, ballhandling ability, and shot-making prowess is what’s made him the pleasant of the 2015 draft class, it’s his explosive athleticism that most caught our eye Tuesday night.

We asked earlier this evening whether or not any point guard in basketball could dunk like Russell Westbrook. Well, let’s just say these two effortlessly awesome slams by the 6-5 high-flier might have us wanting to change our answer.

This is a lost season for Los Angeles, but the development of Clarkson could loom large to the team’s future. With he and Julius Randle, the Lakers have at least two stable building blocks already in house. And while Clarkson likely won’t consistently star the way he did against Oklahoma City, it’s clear he has the talent to be a rotation player in the league at the very least – for a long, long time.

Not bad for a second-rounder.
                                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information