No announcement yet.

Anadolu Efes 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Ivković is not really the best example here, I do value him, but generaly in my opinion those top10-15 coaching names get more credit than they deserve. It's an elite club that's really tough to crack for less experienced or reknown coaches, as lots of clubs want to protect themselves from criticism they prefer signing one of those top10-15 coaches in order to be able to say, "hey we've got Scariolo, we've done our best" and are able to wash their hands since with those coaches they automaticaly receive more patience, while with the less reknown ones first thing that doesn't work out is ussualy coach's fault, without a chance for a second season, nevermind those big ones are able to fail or be mediocre with a team for some span as well.

I have tough times remembering many coaches that craked into that top10 list recently. Plaza and Itoudis probably. Could be one or two more I fail to remember, however it shows teams are very conservative with their coaches selection, in my opinion quite often from the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 11-17-2014, 08:00 PM.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by dudeperfect View Post
      Can anyone explain why there is so big confrontation between Fenerbahce ulker and Galatasaray? Why not between Fener and Anadolu Efes and vice versa? Or it is just you, who hates Gala?
      Efes don't have any fan at all But Fenerbahçe and galatasaray have nearly 25 millions fan each.
      Vazgeçemem ki senden Fener, işlemişsin kalbime.
      Silinmez yazılarla yazılmış, senin adın kaderime.
      Sensiz yaşanmaz bu dünyada, adı cennet olsa da.
      Razıyım ben cehennemlere, yanarım senin uğruna.

Comment

Originally posted by MYK13 View Post
        Efes don't have any fan at all But Fenerbahçe and galatasaray have nearly 25 millions fan each.
        Efes fans are unique. They are true lovers of Basketball, while Fener and Galatasaray fans simply support the name of their team.
        Efes is the flag of Turkish basketball.
        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          Efes fans are unique. They are true lovers of Basketball, while Fener and Galatasaray fans simply support the name of their team.
          Efes is the flag of Turkish basketball.
          this is simply bullshit...

better don't judge on something you don't exactly know.
          Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Should not we support the name of our team to be a real basketball lover?

Efes fans are/were 99% Fener, Galatasaray and Beşiktaş fans. There are some little exceptions. What you see people in their stadium are Fener, Galatasaray and some other teams fans who want to watch a Euroleague match with cheap price.
            IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
            Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
            Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
            Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
            Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
              this is simply bullshit...

better don't judge on something you don't exactly know.
              Well, he's not far off... Efes has been the flagship Turkish bball, and nobody can deny that in their right mind.

Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
              Should not we support the name of our team to be a real basketball lover?

Efes fans are/were 99% Fener, Galatasaray and Beşiktaş fans. There are some little exceptions. What you see people in their stadium are Fener, Galatasaray and some other teams fans who want to watch a Euroleague match with cheap price.
              Now that is disrespectful... most Efes fans I know are supporting all Turkish teams in Europe, but they're not necessarily a fan of FB/GS/BJK...

Stop hating Efes, guys, it's not your enemy...
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I don't hate Efes as much as most Fenerbahçe fans. But what I wrote is not Bullshit. I, my brother who is Fener fan, my Galatasaray fan cousins usually go watching their matches. And most of the fans are like us.

Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  Well, he's not far off... Efes has been the flagship Turkish bball, and nobody can deny that in their right mind.

Now that is disrespectful... most Efes fans I know are supporting all Turkish teams in Europe, but they're not necessarily a fan of FB/GS/BJK...

Stop hating Efes, guys, it's not your enemy...

Not everybody is hating Efes. You shouldn't understand everything as a hatred towards to yourself as well.
                  And I know when we were supporting Efes against Asvel at Abdi İpekçi, the pure Efes fans' percentage was really low.

There are true Efes supporters whose prior incentive is basketball at first place. And there are those kind of FB and GS fans too. Only difference is, FB,GS, BJK are bigger communities at overall. These discussions are so ridiciolous and I'm starting to feel that foreigners also like to discuss Turkish social dynamics

Comment

Efes is the reason why I started to watch basketball. Do I like Efes now? Maybe no because in order to improve the Turkish basketball, the three bigs of Turkish sport(Beşiktaş,Galatasaray,Fenerbahçe) should involve in basketball more than they have dome until now. This year I have sympathize towards Efes because of the youngsters. Actually I support all the Turkish teams in Euroleague arena even Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      He is too far from the real.
                      If Turkish basketball developed that much, there is just one reason, Efes.
                      No other reason...

Personally; Efes and İbo-Turner-Comegys have %50 influence on my basketball love.
                      Especially most of 80's generation loved this sport with Efes, this is a fact.
                      But those days were 20 years ago, too far away already.
                      90's generation didn't watch Efes in these years.
                      They love basketball and support Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş...

And I remind one more time.
                      Fenerbahçe has 20-25M fans.
                      This is several times bigger than population of Greece, Serbia, Croatia, Israel etc.
                      If just %5 of Fener fans are interested in basketball, we can say that Fenerbahçe has more than 1M pure basketball fans.
                      I guess Fenerbahçe's pure basketball fans are still much more than Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, Partizan, Crvena Zvezda, Maccabi fans in total, including football fans...
                      Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Let's face it, Efes is trying to bring some kids from high schools for free to not grounded by Euroleague because of attendance. They're distributing free tickets at entrance of Abdi İpekçi. And All Turkish citizen know that Efes can't have their own fan. They're a company team. They belong nowhere and nothing. I'm a Fenerbahçe fan. And I'm 21. And I've never seen an Efes fan in my entire life Even Turkish ex-Efes players admit it. Most of them was supporting Fenerbahçe or galatasaray.

Comment

I am an Efes fan only when I drink beer

Comment

No one argued about the number of fans the big Turkish teams have. That is irrelevant.
                            Still, Efes is the soul of Turkish basketball. They invested in this sport, introduced it to Turkey and won the first European title in any teamsport for Turkey (Korac cup). Moreover, they are the only Turkish team which has been to the final four. And they were a formidable Euroleague team for a long period of time. Basically, big Turkish teams built on the fundamentals of Efes´ achievements when it comes to basketball.
                            When it comes to basketball in Turkey, Efes´ achievements tower over any success any other Turkish team has accomplished.
                            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                              No one argued about the number of fans the big Turkish teams have. That is irrelevant.
                              Still, Efes is the soul of Turkish basketball. They invested in this sport, introduced it to Turkey and won the first European title in any teamsport for Turkey (Korac cup). Moreover, they are the only Turkish team which has been to the final four. And they were a formidable Euroleague team for a long period of time. Basically, big Turkish teams built on the fundamentals of Efes´ achievements when it comes to basketball.
                              When it comes to basketball in Turkey, Efes´ achievements tower over any success any other Turkish team has accomplished.
                              Dude, we all know and agree what u write. The subject we don't think same that Efes fans are unique As i said before i'm 21 and i've never seen an Efes fan in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
                                I am an Efes fan only when I drink beer
                                sorry mate, but you need to change beers. i spent 15 months in turkey and after my first time drinking efes i swore to never do that again. i think it was the formaldehyde that gave me the throbbing headache for 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information