This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    to sir analyzed. please send our appreciation and support to sir tab baldwin. may the force be with him.

to sir tab baldwin:
    To add, we'll burn him too if he fails like Toroman and Chot
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      yeah. but i hope he still accepts the job though.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        yeah. but i hope he still accepts the job though.
        Anyone who accepts this job, with the possibility of a rabid and passionate fanbase waiting to turn on your next major booboo, should get a medal already for big balls.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Call me crazy, but I'm batting RG to get it. Not because we're in the same institution. Its because the 4 criteria's SB had given is all fit to rg..

He handled the Derrick Browns the James Yap, Marquin Chandler's the Kerby Raymundo all highly volatile players.. can tab handle the Blatche's or push the Ray Park's to the limit..

Tab would be the Ronnie Magsanoc of RG, his brain and eyes.
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I know, there is actually no way of winning or making everyone happy and satisfied. Especially if you stay on the job longer than 2 years. People will always want more.

This is my take for a reasonable expectation, and I know some stakeholders won't like or accept it:
            To make the top 3 in next year's FIBA Asia , qualify for the Olympic qualifier and leave with a continous model of player being fed to the national team , through the various leagues leveraging the diferent youth teams.

that's all. Some might say "yun lang" ! Yes yun lang, but this is the deal if we fail to make year one milestone. Tapos na , Tab is a failure and he will resign.
            Last edited by analyzed; 11-20-2014, 01:17 AM.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
              Call me crazy, but I'm batting RG to get it. Not because we're in the same institution. Its because the 4 criteria's SB had given is all fit to rg..

He handled the Derrick Browns the James Yap, Marquin Chandler's the Kerby Raymundo all highly volatile players.. can tab handle the Blatche's or push the Ray Park's to the limit..

Tab would be the Ronnie Magsanoc of RG, his brain and eyes.
              to answer your question, among all the current MVP coaches , i think he is the most capable player management coach. He was mainly in charge of handling Blatche. Note Tab is a Florida native, has the most experience coaching "Americans , volatile Americans. And it goes both ways, as an American who understands their culture , especially basketball wise, he has the most respect from American players among all the MVP coaches or for that matter all the coaches locally. (Cone and Black never coached outside the country or in America)
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Yes, to be fair with Gregorio he is not a "bad" coach when he has the goods. Meaning he maximises his players to the hilt and as mentioned, knows how to motivate players/superstars.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                  to answer your question, among all the current MVP coaches , i think he is the most capable player management coach. He was mainly in charge of handling Blatche. Note Tab is a Florida native, has the most experience coaching "Americans , volatile Americans. And it goes both ways, as an American who understands their culture , especially basketball wise, he has the most respect from American players among all the MVP coaches or for that matter all the coaches locally. (Cone and Black never coached outside the country or in America)
                  Was Tab one of the coaches who preferred Belga over Junmar/Japeth (?)? If yes, uh oh for player development

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Was Tab one of the coaches who preferred Belga over Junmar/Japeth (?)? If yes, uh oh for player development
                    short answer NO

Comment

short answer NO
                      manu_bol will be very happy
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Speaking of development , one of your more popular local reporters asked me while in Spain what I thought of our WC performance? This was my answer
                        “Just as an observation coming from NZ which is a regular world level participant , while both nations performed well , NZ relied on players who are in their early 20’s (some still in college, the Webster brothers, Fotu, Loe and off course Adams is a prospect) which really bolds well for NZ future internationally, while Gilas relied mainly on Blatche, Alapag. Ranidel and Gabe. At some point we need to expose our younger boys to this level of play to get better. Just my observations looking forward.”

When I shared this with Tab, he readily agreed. So you can breath freely now, Tab has player development in mind

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                          manu_bol will be very happy
                          Tab did ask me this question however about Junmar, " he doesn't take scolding or confrontation well, right?" to which i replied by shrugging my shoulders and said "i guess" maybe it's a cultural thing.

Comment

Speaking of development , one of your more popular local reporters asked me while in Spain what I thought of our WC performance? This was my answer
                            “Just as an observation coming from NZ which is a regular world level participant , while both nations performed well , NZ relied on players who are in their early 20’s (some still in college, the Webster brothers, Fotu, Loe and off course Adams is a prospect) which really bolds well for NZ future internationally, while Gilas relied mainly on Blatche, Alapag. Ranidel and Gabe. At some point we need to expose our younger boys to this level of play to get better. Just my observations looking forward.”

When I shared this with Tab, he readily agreed. So you can breath freely now, Tab has player development in mind
                            Analyzed, please send our congratulations to Coach Tab, I bet most of us here in IBN would love to see him coach Gilas. If you observed the videos and the games wherein he appeared, you could really feel that he has knowledge of the game. His somewhat relax and unlike coach Chot not as fiery yet you could see the players and the coaches really respects him. It is also a plus that he is open to exposing our young guns to international competition, would love to see younger guys maybe parks, wright even ravena for that matter. I gave the program that coach chot implemented a passing rate but i do hope coach tab would still develop it. The plays worked for us yet i think somewhat mr. baldwin really had a hand on it. I just hope we still continue to improve.

Comment

• Just wondering if it's really true that it's down to Tab and Ryan, what happens if Tab does not accept offer? Does that mean Ryan is our next Gilas coach ? ganoon ba yun ?

Comment

• as i have said, if there is a truly upgrade coach out there to replace chot reyes, it would have to be either Tab Baldwin or Tim Cone.. and sure enough, it seems Tab Baldwin is the front runner and in my opinion it is just a question of WHEN rather than IF for Tab.. now the question will be will he accept? i think so.. MVP can handle it.. i don't think it will be a matter of money as MVP can handle that.. as analyzed said, it would be about the scope in general of his function.. and i am pretty sure MVP will be ready..

when Tab becomes our head coach, i will be happy really.. Tab will definitely still use the system that worked in the World Cup and FIBA Asia.. and he has his own touch.. now isn't that what we want? retain the system but add a few more kinks to make it truly and upgraded Gilas Pilipinas..

now why is Ryan Gregorio in the picture? it is not about nepotism.. it is not about favoritism.. it is just about who is available.. plain and simple..

Franz Pumaren cannot be considered because of what he did during his youth stint with SBP where he abandoned his team because in his mind, it is a no bearing game.. plus he is a public servant..

Eric Altamirano and Nash Racela are both fulltime NU and FEU coaches so scratch them of..

the 4 PBA coaches are obvious..

so it really leaves Ryan Gregorio as the only one left available for the job.. plus he is an assistant coach for Gilas as well..

but Tab it is.. obvious choice based on the criteria..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information