This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^
    While I admit selecting Tab or whoever on a short term basis is a band aid solution or maybe more accurately described as an option that at least can leverage the gains of Gilas II (“continuity” in short & not to start from Zero). What you’re alluding to (the root of the problem) and a holistic approach to international representation is so much easier said than done, given how backward and messed up the Philippine situation is.

Lately I’ve heard so much criticism on the SBP and its national programme headed by MVP. (Mainly around the sipsip people around him) And I admit a lot of the complaints are valid. But I tell you for all its ills the situation it is a whole lot better than it was during the BAP years. And better than some of our Asian neighbours. I really don’t know if any of these fundamental ills will ever be solved in our lifetime. Sa akin lang let’s just focus on what we can do individually and not worry about things we really have no control of.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Thanks for your admission that by selecting Tab, it will be merely a short term solution to an underlying problem that everyone refuses to work on. Now my youthful friend, I am going to give you a little bit more to analyze.
      The gains of the gilas system will be there regardless of who will be the next coach. However, the continuity factor will be determined not by the coach but the person who is responsible for overseeing the program usually the program director (i.e chot). Whether the system goes or stays depends on the director and will fund the coach based on the job description that is to be implemented. Shortsighted management has revealed the pre-requisites to choose the coach, but the job description and program to be implemented is not touched on by those who though that they have won a moral victory against Chot. Tab, Ryan or even Compton will never have free reign on the system because their job description mandates what they can or cannot do. If you dig deeper, you will find that the job description for the next coach might have already been drafted by no less than the program director or whatever monicker they place it. Once you find this, then you can tell me why the ills of the national program can or cannot be cured stat.

Comment

• ^^
        Well let’s be honest this whole “selection committee” thing was created merely to appease the stakeholders to portray so called “yes we are listening to your feedback thing” If you work in the corporate world it’s similar to the HR BS, we always get about consultation with employees. Seriously, just a PR smoke machine.

I think who the next coach however doesn’t matter if it’s coming from someone from within their ranks- Jong, Tab, Ryan, Norman. As it’s still going to be aligned with the “director” you mentioned. Of course getting someone from outside like Yeng is a different scenario as he may not necessary agree with the directions from the top. Being on board the last 2 years is important as well , as you still want someone who can run right away , with no learning curve ( we’re talking about 2 months here).
        Off course the parameters of the next Gilas coach are limited to whoever is directing things from the top (Can’t say if it will still be Chot , but rest assured Chot will be the # 1 person MVP will listen to, but mind you the people around MVP is a messed up group and it will be a challenge for MVP to listen to the right guys, and I still think Chot will still have the loudest voice.)

I believe the ills of our sport run deeper than one or two personalities, but is more a cultural deep rooted system thing, It will take me forever to describe things and I really have no clue to the solution. But you actually see it in everyday pinoy life, I mean u don’t even have to visit the Philippines to see it, just deal with the Filipino local community and you will know what I mean.
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• chot had the opportunity to meld different factions in phil basketball together.

but he polarized it more instead.

Comment

• Everyone here in the forum has an answer. Whether they want to say it or not because of the risk of ridicule is totally different. But to say that I know the answer and the one all end all of it is quite a bit too stretched. I am not operating locally and so I can talk all I want, discuss, diss, critique or offer short term solutions to long term problems but the fact remains that those of us who can really solve this problem are those who live, breath and talk the game locally. I believe they all know the problems and how to solve them but because of conflict in interests, the problems are better left unsolved if it's solution leads to more personal financial problems for the majority.
            The people who can solve the problems are much smarter than you nor I. The problems remain because it is more financially viable than solving it.

Comment

• f you look at it on top, it is really funny, that when we have reached our highest level in basketball.. after we have accomplished so much this year that we have dreamed of.. after being a success in basketball (yes i just consider the asian games a hiccup rather than a total failure of Philippine Basketball), most of you talk about how messed up Philippine Basketball is.. really really funny, and alarming a bit..

if Gilas won at least a bronze behind Iran and Korea in the Asian Games, i am pretty sure this thread i created in interbasket would not have been started AT ALL, because chot reyes would still be our coach.. that's the problem with losing..

now on problems with Philippine basketball.. for me, it all roots to a very simple explanation - BASKETBALL being a religion, a passion and number 1 sport in the Philippines.. now why is something positive turns out negative as well? responsibility.. it becomes harder to take care of something that is way too beautiful, successful.. now why am i saying this? when something is popular, it is profitable for sure.. and that is where the problem lies - something that we cannot eliminate.. stakeholders of basketball.. powers that be in basketball would want something in return every single time, because they know they can profit from it because basketball is Pilipinas and Pilipinas is basketball.. that is where different kinds of interests would clash and BOOM - that is where the problem lies.. now i am not saying only monetary profit.. we all like being in POWER right? since basketball is again a religion in the Philippines, almost everyone wants to control basketball being the most popular sport.. this gives people a sense of power and control.. that is why there are many factions with organizations like SBP.. all of them want controlling power given by MVP himself.. too bad so much has been done successfully by chot reyes that MVPs eyes and ears is chot himself..

this is how i see it..

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                It's either Baldwin OR Gregorio. No ifs or buts about it. Kulit ng lelang ng batang 'to.
                And that's why he never gets it no matter how we explain it.
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

It's either Baldwin OR Gregorio. No ifs or buts about it. Kulit ng lelang ng batang 'to.
                  Philip Cezar's line about refs comes to mind:

"Bobo lang talaga."

Comment

okay so no Alex? The if its between the two i go for Gregorio. Just dont like Tab cant point it out yet but i see something is wrong with him....just dont trust him. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
                      Philip Cezar's line about refs comes to mind:

"Bobo lang talaga."
                      This is a freaking forum dumbo! We are free so share our opinions here!

Comment

• Originally posted by joshmaldito View Post
                        This is a freaking forum dumbo! We are free so share our opinions here!
                        But the old ruling "think before you post"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by joshmaldito View Post
                          okay so no Alex? The if its between the two i go for Gregorio. Just dont like Tab cant point it out yet but i see something is wrong with him....just dont trust him. :-(
                          We discuss this before right?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            We discuss this before right?
                            Yeah but i just brought back Alex in the mix of possible replacement because as i predicted Alaska did reached th semis under his system and i think that says a lot regarding his coaching capabilities. Nyways i do acknowledged the fact that at the end of the day it is still MVP's call. But who knows MVP might pirate alex From Alaska! LOL strange things can happen yah know...

Comment

• The fact that maldito prefers Gregorio over Tab speaks a lot of volumes. Just saying.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
                                f you look at it on top, it is really funny, that when we have reached our highest level in basketball.. after we have accomplished so much this year that we have dreamed of.. after being a success in basketball (yes i just consider the asian games a hiccup rather than a total failure of Philippine Basketball), most of you talk about how messed up Philippine Basketball is.. really really funny, and alarming a bit..

if Gilas won at least a bronze behind Iran and Korea in the Asian Games, i am pretty sure this thread i created in interbasket would not have been started AT ALL, because chot reyes would still be our coach.. that's the problem with losing..

now on problems with Philippine basketball.. for me, it all roots to a very simple explanation - BASKETBALL being a religion, a passion and number 1 sport in the Philippines.. now why is something positive turns out negative as well? responsibility.. it becomes harder to take care of something that is way too beautiful, successful.. now why am i saying this? when something is popular, it is profitable for sure.. and that is where the problem lies - something that we cannot eliminate.. stakeholders of basketball.. powers that be in basketball would want something in return every single time, because they know they can profit from it because basketball is Pilipinas and Pilipinas is basketball.. that is where different kinds of interests would clash and BOOM - that is where the problem lies.. now i am not saying only monetary profit.. we all like being in POWER right? since basketball is again a religion in the Philippines, almost everyone wants to control basketball being the most popular sport.. this gives people a sense of power and control.. that is why there are many factions with organizations like SBP.. all of them want controlling power given by MVP himself.. too bad so much has been done successfully by chot reyes that MVPs eyes and ears is chot himself..

this is how i see it..
                                you're right, we will still be seeing chot for another year if not for the worst AG result ever since we began sending pros.

it was not a hiccup. it was an embarrassment.. and for me, it was the full-blown disease manifesting in korea. the symptoms were showing in spain... those were the hiccups.

if the WC performance was the biggest achievement in philippine basketball in modern times, then placing 7th is the biggest nose-dive in philippine basketball in a span of less than a month. that's how i see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information