Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stanley Pringle the best point guard in the PBA and possibly whole of Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Stanley Pringle the best point guard in the PBA and possibly whole of Asia?

I know its still early to say anything. But this is what making predictions fun.

In the preseason game Pringle's Globalport beat Castro's Talk n Text 88 - 78.
    Showcasing his skills and that he is worth the hype of a No.1 Pick with 24 points as compared to Jason "Asia Mythical 5" Castro's 8 points.
    Castro is another guard hes frequently compared with in size, speed and passing ability. Pringle has a better shot, while Castro drives more to
    the lane.

He was widely acknowledged as the best guard in the ABL. According to Don Dulay, Pringle
    is the best guard in the philippines too in this article below.

We will see how he does in his first season game against NLEX. If he's really that good he should be
    considered for the future Smart Gilas.

Ineligibility aside, from an international scout rating perspective, yes Pringle is considered the most sought after "pinoy point guard internationally. He receives serious looks and consideration from a number of scouts and coaches of other foreign leagues, something that cannot be said at least of the same degree for other Pinoy PG's . Doesn't necessary make him better but you can see where I'm coming from
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

In terms of overall skills, I think he is the best PG in the PBA right now. Jason Castro can make him run for his money, somehow. But I think "height" would separate the two, with Pringle about 3 to 4 inches taller than Jason.

I think if Castro is of the same height as Pringle, its going to be a toss-up between the two as to who is the No. 1 point guard in the PBA.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

How about Alex Cabagnot? :-)

Comment

Are other ineligibles stephen holt, jordan clarkson & aaron craft included in the best pg in asia conversation?

Comment

Without the moustache and beard..he is an Allen Iverson dead ringer...skill wise and look wise

Comment

too early to tell.

coz i'm 100% sure that on the regular season, play- offs you'll see Romeo and Cabagnot want's the ball on their hands and not on Pringle. haha

and he hasn't face the face of the PBA Mark Barroca.
              and hasn't taste Belga and Quinahan yet.
              and of course he hasn't gone pound for pound against the Peoples Champ Manny Pacquiao yet.

so i predict that Pringle would only be a taller version of Melton or better a taller version of Jason Castro. worst a taller version of Sol Mercado. haha
              POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

He has the potential... at this time, it's too early too say so.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                  too early to tell.

coz i'm 100% sure that on the regular season, play- offs you'll see Romeo and Cabagnot want's the ball on their hands and not on Pringle. haha

and he hasn't face the face of the PBA Mark Barroca.
                  and hasn't taste Belga and Quinahan yet.
                  and of course he hasn't gone pound for pound against the Peoples Champ Manny Pacquiao yet.

so i predict that Pringle would only be a taller version of Melton or better a taller version of Jason Castro. worst a taller version of Sol Mercado. haha

Pringle was comfortably playing Castro in this game..
                  We may say it is just a pre season exhibition game but still, Pringle is legit.
                  Btw, I dont know what happened to castro but he seems heavy. His movements are slower, his steps are shorter and not explosive at all. His explosive first step this year(even in the world cup) needs some 'bwelo' before he could do it(Tenorio was far more impressive). It was not like the years before(especially in 2011)..Or maybe it was because of the injury he had during the world cup?
                  Also Aguilar and Slaughter since second conference of last season, they looked horrible and soft. but it is out of topic..

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post

Pringle was comfortably playing Castro in this game..
                    We may say it is just a pre season exhibition game but still, Pringle is legit.
                    Btw, I dont know what happened to castro but he seems heavy. His movements are slower, his steps are shorter and not explosive at all. His explosive first step this year(even in the world cup) needs some 'bwelo' before he could do it(Tenorio was far more impressive). It was not like the years before(especially in 2011)..Or maybe it was because of the injury he had during the world cup?
                    Also Aguilar and Slaughter since second conference of last season, they looked horrible and soft. but it is out of topic..
                    Yep I also notice that Jayson Castro doesnt have that very quick first step unlike before(specially in 2013 Fiba Asia). I think that because of his injury he is becoming cautious in his game. He is not the player that really goes "bara bara" unlike before. But one thing that I can always see on Castro is he is not a regular season type of a player, he seems to be giving his all on important games like playoffs and finals. And as for Pringle over Castro? Well in that video Pringle clearly got the best on Castro but I'm looking forward to see him do that on the real game. It will be a good match up.

Comment

Global port just lost today vs. nlex.

Comment

Originally posted by ctongco View Post
                        He has the potential... at this time, it's too early too say so.
                        Just to qualify that , it's too early to tell only for the PBA as he's still a rookie, but not in terms of Global recognition, Pringle is a 27 year old who has already played "competitivly (double figure scorer, over 40 % from 3) in European leagues, top level US NCAA div I . Probably more than any current PBA point guard can show for. He's not just potential, but has already proven it globally , not just in the PBA yet.
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          Just to qualify that , it's too early to tell only for the PBA as he's still a rookie, but not in terms of Global recognition, Pringle is a 27 year old who has already played "competitivly (double figure scorer, over 40 % from 3) in European leagues, top level US NCAA div I . Probably more than any current PBA point guard can show for. He's not just potential, but has already proven it globally , not just in the PBA yet.
                          You're implying there's a high probability he will be the best guard in the PBA? I hope he can be; better competition will force others to elevate their game.

Comment

Originally posted by ctongco View Post
                            You're implying there's a high probability he will be the best guard in the PBA? I hope he can be; better competition will force others to elevate their game.
                            Yes he has all the tools, the right combination of size, speed, skill, even real high level "basketball experience. in front of big high expecting crowds. "big games" , it's just a matter of him figuring out the PBA game. Without him pressing or pushing it he already is posting significant numbers.

I just think it's a matter of time before his coach freaks out and says tumira ka ng tumira and let him take over a game. He's actually too unselfish for his talent. Just put it this way with his career 3 pt shooting clip of over 40 % there is no way Romeo should be taking more threes than him.

Comment

Too bad he was drafted by GP who already has 2 crocodiles playing his position. A trade will probably happen soon

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information