No announcement yet.

Filipino Ballers in NZ...News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scouting report.... i wonder how many fiwi's FEU found...

Dead Lizard.

Comment

• ^ It was previously mentioned in this fora that as many as 3 players will be matriculating at FEU in season 79. I believe 2 players did their red shirt year in season 78 and the other player is joining the team in time for season 79.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        scouting report.... i wonder how many fiwi's FEU found...

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/news...in-new-zealand
        Wow, it's the first time for me to see this article, disregard the names mentioned as to your question , at least the number of fingers a person has.
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Wow, it's the first time for me to see this article, disregard the names mentioned as to your question , at least the number of fingers a person has.
          wow! that many?!? nice harvest.

i didn't realize it initially, pero ang pogi naman nung guy in the middle... hehe

wellington_basketball.jpg

Ambassador Benavidez thanked Mr. David and Rosie Perez, and Ms. Nunag, for their invaluable support and assistance in enhancing closer relations and raising connectivity between the Philippines and New Zealand through basketball.
          Dead Lizard.

Comment

Hello Sir. Do you mean aside from Nunag and Tuffin, there 8 other Fil-Kiwis that will suit up for the Tamaraws in the coming years?

Comment

• ^
              Not all of them are going to FEU
              Here is the other Fil- Kiwi in the UAAP, congrats Unique Naboa http://www.spin.ph/basketball/filoil...pua-red-robins
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• A little OT, but just wanted to share the basketball Academy I'm involved in and our goals . Don't be surprise if some of these kids end up if not in the NBA, the PBA (currently mentoring 3 pinoy kids in the Academy, Oh BTW Nunag and Tufffin are former cadets of the academy NZBA

4.2K views, 157 likes, 6 loves, 22 comments, 36 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from NBA: NBA New Zealand (via the Oklahoma City Thunder) is proud to present #TheKiwiWay! Part 4: Steven Adams' New...

Comment

• Happy to see Unique Naboa having a breakout season . He scored 25 and 6 rebounds againts NU juniors last night. naboa.jpg

Comment

• Pistang Pilipino to be held in Wellington. Are there even any worthy players sa PistangPinoy that can get a scholarship atleast in substandard UAAP/NCAA schools like UP,UE,LPU,EAC? Or even NAASCU,CESAFI,UCAA,NCRAA,NCAAS,ILSAA for the kids in U13,U15,U19 and for the talented guys competing in mens open could they land a team in DeLeague(Marikina), poor PBA DLeague teams,PCBL,FBA,CWBL?I know it wont be that easy sending them back to the Philippines with all the expenses and issues. And how sure are they to land a team. How sure are they that they are going to do good in workouts and tryouts. just my thoughts guys. You know the hoop dream keeps living especially for pinoys.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                      Pistang Pilipino to be held in Wellington. Are there even any worthy players sa PistangPinoy that can get a scholarship atleast in substandard UAAP/NCAA schools like UP,UE,LPU,EAC? Or even NAASCU,CESAFI,UCAA,NCRAA,NCAAS,ILSAA for the kids in U13,U15,U19 and for the talented guys competing in mens open could they land a team in DeLeague(Marikina), poor PBA DLeague teams,PCBL,FBA,CWBL?I know it wont be that easy sending them back to the Philippines with all the expenses and issues. And how sure are they to land a team. How sure are they that they are going to do good in workouts and tryouts. just my thoughts guys. You know the hoop dream keeps living especially for pinoys.
                      For the Mens Open:
                      I really doubt any of them would still want to pursue a basketball career in the Philippines especially in poor leagues where they would probably earn more money milking cows and picking fruits lol but hey if they still want anythings possible. Start off with Christchurch theres Mepaña only pinoy in NZ I think that has PBA experience and I think four guys that has plAyed in the PBL and MBA(although he would be very old lol). Then in auckland theres the three brothers. Wellington has Lantin. Theres probably more good players in Rotorua,Palmy,Hamilton, more in the south etc. but you also habe to take into consideration that these guys dominate cause they are 5'8-5'10 that has point guard dribbling and plays the 3 or the 4.
                      For the kids (U17,U19):
                      Well for the u17 kids I expect alot of them to have basketball on their mind and want to continue playing basketball for the rest of their lives. Well if they have made the 1st teams or the A teams of their schools (as long as it is a good school lol) then stay in NZ and try out for NZ basketball camps or junior teams like u16,u17,u18,u19 then just go back to the Philippines once you have been offered a college scholarship just like Tuffin and Nunag. Although not everyone will be luck enough to be getting scholarships in big UAAP and NCAA schools the other kids might want to give the small leagues you mentioned a try. But trust me stay in NZ play hard then that big school scholarship will come to you. For the u19 boys I know how it feels you're thinking can I really make a career out of this or should I just work at countdown and pak n save all I can say is its worth a try. I mean how many boys have been scouted/recruited in the past couple of years? Around 10 in the last 5 years probably? How many stayed and made it? Probably 3? For the non minions(superstars) that are playing in pistang pilipino just do your best and analyzed just might notice you lol

Comment

• Most of the talent in High school have already been identified, cause if anyone is really worth their salt, they would either be playing in any of the rep teams U13, u15, u17. or playing in the secondary school regionals for both junior or seniors.

Aside from the 3 Magdenbery bros bigs there is another U15 big from Auckland . For the guards Wellington high school champions St Pats town has a starting guard who is pinoy, then Cadenbury , Hutt Valley U15 reps team starters are Pinoy, then of course last year North Harbour U15 strarter is Pinoy. those are the top pinoy prospect NZ ballers. I don't mention names cause some of them might prefer the privacy . I also don't include those outside of High school as prospects anymore , for the reason mentioned by poster above

Comment

Most of the talent in High school have already been identified, cause if anyone is really worth their salt, they would either be playing in any of the rep teams U13, u15, u17. or playing in the secondary school regionals for both junior or seniors.

Aside from the 3 Magdenbery bros bigs there is another U15 big from Auckland . For the guards Wellington high school champions St Pats town has a starting guard who is pinoy, then Cadenbury , Hutt Valley U15 reps team starters are Pinoy, then of course last year North Harbour U15 strarter is Pinoy. those are the top pinoy prospect NZ ballers. I don't mention names cause some of them might prefer the privacy . I also don't include those outside of High school as prospects anymore , for the reason mentioned by poster above
                          im pretty sure there is someone out there who will outplay those top guards some random shy kid who wouldnt turn heads because of the team he is in or something like that. Btw sir are you going to be involved in any basketball events?

Comment

• Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                            im pretty sure there is someone out there who will outplay those top guards some random shy kid who wouldnt turn heads because of the team he is in or something like that. Btw sir are you going to be involved in any basketball events?
                            I'm sure there could be one, but here is the thing for one to develop in a sound way , one has to be part of "structured quality programme" , unfortunately the best programmes exist in the top basketball school and city rep programmes. One cannot develop well independently , or by just playing in poor quality programmes. Yes the kid could be talented, in fact could be a good scorer , but he won't be technically sound to go far.
                            Yes i'm coaching one of the teams

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information