Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a bit curious on how Coach Tab rotates his players. Seems like he is more likely to use a 9-10 man rotation, and only going 12 deep when the game has already been decided. 2 amateurs anyone?
    sigpic

Parties, Potluck, Meetings... No Time to Cook, Budget a bit tight. Need a catering service, food tray, or packed lunch?

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/kitchennipam

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      Huh, first you say that 12th man is a virtually insignificant addition ("to decide our fate") and yet we'll improve our chances? (For development, yes). Oxymoron right here.
      Yes it is an oxymoron, to begin with I think Roasrio and Wright are good enough to make the team and contribute regardless if they're young, but even if they were not I'm still in favor of putting one or two young players in the line-up for development.
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        It's Rosario,Aguilar,Almazan and De Ocampo to be potential 4.Now will Tab get Rosario with either Aguilar and Almazan because I think De Ocampo is very good at this stage.
        I think it is a toss up between almazan and rosario if coach tab decided to add an insurance 4.
        Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

• Riverio making the cadet team just shows Tab's tendency to put a "young player in the team, did him being part of the team cost us a Gold medal? Would it have made any diffirence if a veteran sitting on the bench was there instead?
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ArAg0n View Post
            http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/eve.../schedule.html

I was a bit curious on how Coach Tab rotates his players. Seems like he is more likely to use a 9-10 man rotation, and only going 12 deep when the game has already been decided. 2 amateurs anyone?
            There is another thing you can gather from his use of player, 2 of the players in Tab's 2002 team's main rotation were young players (around 21 yrs old) - Penny and Boucher , basically means if they're good enough regardles if they're young he will use them.

Comment

• Now that's what I like about Tab. I mean, look at China, Korea, and Iran.

China already fielded in Wang Zhelin in 2013 and then Zhou Qi in 2014, and they will certainly field either of them in their senior NT this year.

Korea is already gearing up Lee Jong-hyun as heir apparent to Kim Joo-sung as about earlier than 2013. Despite being about the same age as Kiefer Ravena, Jong-hyun has already made it to the senior NT while Ravena has not so far.

I have seen Iran having young players in their senior NT since 2013, and they will certainly have more of them this year.

If we're looking Europe throwback, Ricky Rubio was already the starting PG of the 2008 Spanish Olympic team at age 18. But then, he started playing in the pros at age 14, so...

Ten senior players + one or two cadets + inclusion or exclusion of one u18 standout should do it, I guess.
              Originally posted by gideon
              Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• BTW here is the link to article where i got the quote, http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...ys-tab-baldwin

Adding to the possibility that a Cadet (Rosario) could make Gilas is the hesitancy of some PBA teams to release their players

Comment

• I hope these hesitant teams would kick themselves in the arse when Gilas makes it to the NT, and I hope they won't try to lend players to the NT AFTER we make it to the Olympics.

Nung nanghihiram kami para makapasok tayo sa Olympics, ayaw niyo. Tapos nung makapasok tayo sa Olympics, agad kayong magpapahiram? Ano yun?
                  Originally posted by gideon
                  Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    BTW here is the link to article where i got the quote, http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...ys-tab-baldwin

Adding to the possibility that a Cadet (Rosario) could make Gilas is the hesitancy of some PBA teams to release their players
                    I really like the idea of Rosario joining the team. I like what I've seen from him during the sea games and hope he can translate well in the Asian Championships.

Question, does he have a perimeter game or an outside shot?
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                      I really like the idea of Rosario joining the team. I like what I've seen from him during the sea games and hope he can translate well in the Asian Championships.

Question, does he have a perimeter game or an outside shot?
                      Half full answer : Yes for a Filipino big man especially one who is 6' 7 , he's a better shooter than Almazan
                      Half empty answer: No if you're comparing him to natural 3's like Norwood and Ganeulas, and definitly not as consistent from outside as a Ranidel
                      Last edited by analyzed; 06-20-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Half full answer : Yes for a Filipino big man especially one who is 6' 7 , he's a better shooter than Almazan
                        Half empty answer: No if you're comparing him to natural 3's like Norwood and Ganeulas, and definitly not as consistent from outside as a Ranidel
                        That could be an issue because effective power forwards need a good perimeter and outside shooting game. Unless, of course, Tab is willing to switch Blatche to a 4 and keep Rosario as a 5, which is basically what we did in the world cup.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• I think gilas needs to inquire about Marcio Lassiter.You could just imagine Lee,Lassiter,Chan,Ranidel and Blatche.I'm not saying we play them all together but that is a very solid three point shooting team.If Wright will be available it will be better but Marcio and Lee I think could be enough to light our scoreboards up from the three point line.But of course those two are good perimeters as well.
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            I think gilas needs to inquire about Marcio Lassiter.You could just imagine Lee,Lassiter,Chan,Ranidel and Blatche.I'm not saying we play them all together but that is a very solid three point shooting team.If Wright will be available it will be better but Marcio and Lee I think could be enough to light our scoreboards up from the three point line.But of course those two are good perimeters as well.
                            Yes, the more the better. DDO actually requires 4 knockdown shooters first/ then slashers and the same number of slashers first/ shooters. Fonacier if healthy, is another good fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              That could be an issue because effective power forwards need a good perimeter and outside shooting game. Unless, of course, Tab is willing to switch Blatche to a 4 and keep Rosario as a 5, which is basically what we did in the world cup.
                              One reason I think that even if Troy makes the final 12 , he won't necessary get significant PT. 11 -12th men don't anyway especially in the medal rounds

Del and Jap still are likely to get most burn at PF

BTW just so people know , when i asked Tab if he envisions to use Blatche more as a 4 or 5? he said offensively both. But defensivly Blatche while a weak defender for NBA center standards, is still the best Gilas center defensivly . At 7 feet with his strength and mobility i have to agree he's still Gilas best center defensively
                              Last edited by analyzed; 06-20-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

One reason I think that even if Troy makes the final 12 , he won't necessary get significant PT. 11 -12th men don't anyway especially in the medal rounds

Del and Jap still are likely to get most burn at PF

BTW just so people know , when i asked Tab if he envisions to use Blatche more as a 4 or 5? he said offensively both. But defensivly Blatche while a weak defender for NBA center standards, is still the best Gilas center defensivly . At 7 feet with his strength and mobility i have to agree he's still Gilas best center defensively
                                I also don't see how Tab will use Sonny Thoss (if he gets the green light). When he played in 2012, Thoss struggled against more experienced big men and could not contribute offensively. This is what worries me with our local big men: they have no other weapons other than points in the paint which is hard to get outside the ASEAN level.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information