This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctongco View Post
    Is anyone familiar why Stanley Pringle wasn't picked-up by Gilas 1.0?
    Contract negotiations maybe..

Boy if eala seals the deal with pringle for sure pringle alongside with lutz and lassiter will get exempted.

Fast forward to gilas 2 just imagine castro and pringle at the backcourt.

Oh well noli eala..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• My Gilas 3.0 would be consisted of core players and reinforcement players.

Core Players (Players who are available with a least 6 months or more in training and tournaments)
      Blathce
      Van Opstal
      Belo
      Parks
      Ferrer
      Ravena
      Sumang
      Note: This are the players who played in sea games 2013 together with the former Gilas Cadets

PBA reinforcement (Players who can be with the team for a least 1 month or 2 depending on club commitments and injuries)
      Fajardo
      Slaughter
      Aguilar
      Pingris
      De Ocampo
      Norwood
      Abueva
      Lutz
      Maliksi
      Lassiter
      Chan
      Simon
      Barroca
      Lee
      Castro
      Milton
      Alas
      Miranda
      Your opinion doesn't define me

Comment

• Slaughter
        Fajardo
        Blatche

(Blatche)
        Pingris
        Ranidel

Norwood
        Lassiter
        Abueva
        Ray Parks

Barroca
        Castro
        Ravena
        I remember someone hated the term"PUSO" so much.
        A few years later, "PUSO" has become Gilas's battle cry.

Now i know where Manu_bol's hate is coming from.

Comment

When Gilas 1.0 was being formed, the Hagop-rule did not exist.
          we have to ask hardy about that, I don't know if it was the same time he got injured while playing with an ABL team.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Is anyone familiar why Stanley Pringle wasn't picked-up by Gilas 1.0?
            when the gilas1 was formed, he still had a contract with a european team.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
              My lineup for Gilas 3.0

Centers:

Greg Slaughter
              Junmar Fajardo

Power Forwards:

Andray Bratche
              Japhet Aguilar
              Ranidel De Ocampo

Small Forwards:

Gabe Norwood
              Ray-ray Parks

Shooting Guards:

Matthew Wright
              Jeff Chan
              Paul Lee

Point Guards:

La Tenorio
              Jayson Castro

Reserves:

Troy Rosario
              Kiefer Ravena
              Kevin Alas
              You basically can have the core of this team practicing 5 on 5 "full time" from June onwards simply by having combined practices with Hapee and TNT with Blatche, Marcus and Wright as invites.
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• very quiet..

btw, no news yet on the shortlist for the hosting of the 2019 FIBA World Cup?

Comment

• Tim is questioning the use of the quotient , why the rush raw? correct me if I'm wrong isn't the situation the same as last year as the PBA still does intend to make players available for FIBA Asia 2015, right? Or am i incorrect?

Tim Cone the two-time grand slam coach questioned why league officials had to use the format this season when the league is not rushing to finish its schedule, unlike last season when it had to cram to give Gilas Pilipinas ample preparation for the Fiba World Cup and Asian Games

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...e-cup-playoffs
                  Follow Us: @spinph on Twitter | spin.philippines on Facebook
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    Tim is questioning the use of the quotient , why the rush raw? correct me if I'm wrong isn't the situation the same as last year as the PBA still does intend to make players available for FIBA Asia 2015, right? Or am i incorrect?

Tim Cone the two-time grand slam coach questioned why league officials had to use the format this season when the league is not rushing to finish its schedule, unlike last season when it had to cram to give Gilas Pilipinas ample preparation for the Fiba World Cup and Asian Games

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...e-cup-playoffs
                    Follow Us: @spinph on Twitter | spin.philippines on Facebook
                    Tim is such an ass hole! Why is he complaining? The qoutent rule applies to every team not just his team how can it be unfair? He is now complaining beacuse his team is not in top 2 Spot! If his team is in top 2 i highly doubt if we will hear him complain. Its his fault for not doing his freaking job in eliminations! And now he is blaming the system? What an asshole!

Comment

• Originally posted by joshmaldito View Post
                      Tim is such an ass hole! Why is he complaining? The qoutent rule applies to every team not just his team how can it be unfair? He is now complaining beacuse his team is not in top 2 Spot! If his team is in top 2 i highly doubt if we will hear him complain. Its his fault for not doing his freaking job in eliminations! And now he is blaming the system? What an asshole!
                      i am wondering though his intentions. if he is really truly complaining, why not go directly to the commissioners office rather than complaining to the media? is this only for publicity?
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        i am wondering though his intentions. if he is really truly complaining, why not go directly to the commissioners office rather than complaining to the media? is this only for publicity?
                        i believe his intentions are pure.. and this is what we call freedom of speech.. you can complain like that in media for as long as the integrity of the league is not compromised.. by disliking the format, it doesn't put down the integrity of the league.. that is why tim cone says things like that..

and from what i know from tim cone, if he really has strong opinions, he will let EVERYONE know.. and that's what happened..

besides, most of us, if not all really do not like the quotient system.. it is just that it is done for 2 reasons - 1.) we added 2 more teams so play less knockout games and 2.) GILAS PILIPINAS..

Comment

Tim Cone also complained about the format before, even if his team was on top..

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
                            Tim Cone also complained about the format before, even if his team was on top..
                            Ows? Okay show me the link, because what you're saying is exactly what my barber told me...:-)

But granting for the sake of argument that indeed that is his stand even before when his team is doin well my question is how can it be unfair? The rule applies to all team for crying out loud so how can it be unfair? Sure there are pros and cons but all system has its flaws right?
                            Last edited by joshmaldito; 12-11-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Ows? Okay show me the link, because what you're saying is exactly what my barber told me...:-)

But granting for the sake of argument that indeed that is his stand even before when his team is doin well my question is how can it be unfair? The rule applies to all team for crying out loud so how can it be unfair? Sure there are pros and cons but all system has its flaws right?
                              There's lots of search engine where you can search about tim cone's complain about tournament format even when his team is on top or in top 4.
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• BIG BIG news...

The 2015 FIBA Asia Championship will be held in Changsha, China from September 23 to October 3, 2015. The winner of the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship will have a slot for the 2016 Summer Olympics

2015 FIBA Asia Championships to be held in Wuhan (AGAIN!), China on Sept. 23 to Oct. 3 2015

the PBA - if it goes the full play-off games - ends August 7, 2015
                                which means, they will adjust for sure but the adjustment will not be drastic in such a way that the PBA will have difficulties..
                                if we follow the 2 month rule of preparation, the PBA can end middle of July, which means the PBA just needs to compress the season and taper of 3 weeks..
                                so i think in terms of schedules we can have enough training for Gilas Pilipinas..

SBP should select a new coach soon.. as in the soonest probably latest by next week.. and by January, have a discussion with the PBA in terms of parameters for training and resources..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information