Iran National Team 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Luka Pavicevic will be Iran's next coach
    Last edited by mohsena2631; 04-19-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

It's official now, Luka Pavicevic is the new coach of Iran NT.

I wonder how a temp federation president can sign a long term contract with a foreign coach, there will be an election soon, and what if the new president doesn't want this coach ?!

after all I don't feel good about another Serbian coach (ex-Yugo coach in general), because I think we need change.

Comment

Hi Mohsena, is it true that Iran won't take part of WABA Championship? is it confirmed?
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

After months of wasting time, Mahmoud Mashhoon once again got elected as the IRIBF federation. for months IRIBF had no president and this put Iran in a terrible situation, after getting re-elected, Mashhon announced he will most probably cancel Pavicevic's contract because he doesn't even know him !!!! he also claimed we will have a local coach most probably because of lack of time !

on other hand, Mahram just beat Azad Univ. in Super League final 4-3. and Hamed Haddadi won the Super league for the very first time.

Comment

You can find the complete U19 Iran-USA game on Fiba's website.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoeAdW2Dhzg#t=680
            http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
              You can find the complete U19 Iran-USA game on Fiba's website.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoeAdW2Dhzg#t=680
              http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2015
              Did Mashhon announce he will most probably cancel Pavicevic's contract?Really?

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI View Post
                Did Mashhon announce he will most probably cancel Pavicevic's contract?Really?
                Yep. He already cancelled the contract. They are looking for another foreign coach.

Comment

per rumors, IBF will announce Mehran Shahintab as the new head coach tomorrow !

probably the best possible decision, it wasn't a good idea to sign a foreign coach in such a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                    per rumors, IBF will announce Mehran Shahintab as the new head coach tomorrow !

probably the best possible decision, it wasn't a good idea to sign a foreign coach in such a short time.
                    Read it somewhere that they were supposed to announce the head coach on Monday, that didn't happen.
                    It would be interesting to see how they'll perform with a native coach. Most of them are also familiar with him, which is a plus. Hope this doesn't sidetrack the team that much

Also, I watched a bit of Iran-Serbia U19 world cup game today. They were undersized and gave away a lot of second chance baskets to Serbia and didn't have a clear plan on offense, the only competitive player who stood-out on that squad was Yousefvand, he might even be able to make it to the national team as a reserve to gain some more experience and exposure. I think he would benefit from becoming a PF rather than a position 5 player, he's very dynamic, is an okay shooter and has better ball-handling skills than your average C.

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
                      Read it somewhere that they were supposed to announce the head coach on Monday, that didn't happen.
                      It would be interesting to see how they'll perform with a native coach. Most of them are also familiar with him, which is a plus. Hope this doesn't sidetrack the team that much

Also, I watched a bit of Iran-Serbia U19 world cup game today. They were undersized and gave away a lot of second chance baskets to Serbia and didn't have a clear plan on offense, the only competitive player who stood-out on that squad was Yousefvand, he might even be able to make it to the national team as a reserve to gain some more experience and exposure. I think he would benefit from becoming a PF rather than a position 5 player, he's very dynamic, is an okay shooter and has better ball-handling skills than your average C.
                      This turned out to be a fake news ! Shahintab himself denied it, another name came up in Iranian websites, this one looks serious. Dirk Bauermann. former Germany NT and Poland NT coach with Shahintab as his assistant.

well, our basketball is in terrible situation right now (thanks to sport ministry for leaving the federation without president for months) and these kind of interviews don't help at all. Kamrani made a lot of problems for himself with that interview. even though he had some valid points. you can easily see our players don't like to work with Ex-Yugo coaches. it was a good idea to go after a western coach IMO.

Yousefvand is indeed talented, I also like to see him in senior team this year. Kardoust and Arghavan never could help the NT that much, so it's better to give that chance to Yousefvand.

I was thinking about the possible final 12 roster
                      PG: Kamrani, Davoudi, Mashayekhi
                      SG: Yakhchali, Afagh
                      SF: Nikkhah, Jamshidi
                      PF: Zangeneh, Sahakian, Kazemi
                      C: Haddadi, Yousefvand

if they don't want Arsalan because of what happened last year or he doesn't want to play for the NT, I think it's better to have another big guy (probably Kardoust)
                      Davarpanah is my 13th man, he played better than ever this year in Mahram, and I won't complain if they pick him even over Jamshidi. Davarpanah and Zangeneh were probably best players of the SuperLeague, Zangeneh improved a lot, that's why I named him even before Sahakian. he was more effective than Sahakian for Mahram this year.

Comment

This turned out to be a fake news ! Shahintab himself denied it, another name came up in Iranian websites, this one looks serious. Dirk Bauermann. former Germany NT and Poland NT coach with Shahintab as his assistant.

well, our basketball is in terrible situation right now (thanks to sport ministry for leaving the federation without president for months) and these kind of interviews don't help at all. Kamrani made a lot of problems for himself with that interview. even though he had some valid points. you can easily see our players don't like to work with Ex-Yugo coaches. it was a good idea to go after a western coach IMO.

Yousefvand is indeed talented, I also like to see him in senior team this year. Kardoust and Arghavan never could help the NT that much, so it's better to give that chance to Yousefvand.

if they don't want Arsalan because of what happened last year or he doesn't want to play for the NT, I think it's better to have another big guy (probably Kardoust)
                        Davarpanah is my 13th man, he played better than ever this year in Mahram, and I won't complain if they pick him even over Jamshidi. Davarpanah and Zangeneh were probably best players of the SuperLeague, Zangeneh improved a lot, that's why I named him even before Sahakian. he was more effective than Sahakian for Mahram this year.
                        I read somewhere last year that Kazemi had problems playing alongside Bahrami. Is this true? And why?
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          I read somewhere last year that Kazemi had problems playing alongside Bahrami. Is this true? And why?
                          This is not a secret they don't like each other, I can't remember when it started, probably during 2011 Asian Championship. they both have their own ego. the fact Kazemi just joined the team few days before the competition and went to the starting lineup was something some players didn't like.

Kazemi's main problem last year was with Becirovic. he told Kazemi to play as a center, Kazemi said no and Becirovic benched him in last 2-3 matches at the World Cup and didn't even pick him for the Asian Games. now Becirovic is gone but still Kazemi made some enemies for himself by his interviews after the World Cup.

Comment

With the problems facing iran team, how do you like your chances this year?

Comment

It would be great if Dirk Bauermann becomes the head coach. At least on paper he has a much better resume than former coaches (being the head coach of the German National team/Nowitzki for 9 years and grabbing EuroBasket silver is something!). He will most likely also have a different approach and philosophy than the ex-Yugo coaches, which will be welcomed.
                              Hopefully with him they could hit the reset button and bring all the players back together. Picking the final 12 players is a though task...

Comment

Changed my stance.. it will be a two way fight for the gold if Coack Dick can fix iranian team.. Need to have a Blatche stopper imo..
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information