Quarterfinals: France - Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
    I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but the US path to gold got a whole lot easier. Lithuania has a history of giving us trouble, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I would worry about Serbia (not LIT) if I were you...

Comment

• Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
      Congrats France but I support Serbia with Bogdan Bogdanovic & Nemanja Bjelica
      EXACTLY my sentiments

Comment

• Spain last 2 WCs, 2 quarter finals finishes. Well at least they are not going backwards...

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          Spain,..succumbed by pressure.

The bad news is that the USA will win gold once again.
          Yeah USA has it in their hands now....too bad, I really wanted to see someone give them a scare.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiro1 View Post
            What is important is that your most talented team ever failed to capitalize just because you as fans failed to criticize their lack of sportsmanship.
            Oh!!! Here we have the new Aristotle!!! We lost because we were poor on both sides, we played badly. And you are saying that? The teams don't fail for what you had said. Our team was awful, I said that I wasn't confident about this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiro1 View Post
              What is important is that your most talented team ever failed to capitalize just because you as fans failed to criticize their lack of sportsmanship.
              It's a pity we cannot be gentlemen as the french. Pietrus and Gelabale attacking Llull from behind without provocation was a good start. Heurtel elbowing Ricky in his (admittedly ample) nose, then continuing the play to score undefended was even better.

Want to know what Llull was shouting Pietrus when the referees separated them? "Siempre estáis igual", "You're getting at it again"

Comment

• Unbelievable how things are, spain with their full team is not going to play for medals.
                sigpic

Comment

• I'm happy for France. Arrogance doesn't win games and a bad coach, either.

Comment

• The interesting point is that Spain did not come up with a solution for France's game after last year's unexpected defeat... Maybe they thought this time they're way too stronger and no need for special attention? This game was played in a very similar style, especially in the first half with Diaw orchestrating the offense, only France played even better today, not needing all score production from one man only... Great win for Collet, really. Congrats to all French.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      The interesting point is that Spain did not come up with a solution for France's game after last year's unexpected defeat... Maybe they thought this time they're way too stronger and no need for special attention? This game was played in a very similar style, especially in the first half with Diaw orchestrating the offense, only France played even better today, not needing all score production from one man only... Great win for Collet, really. Congrats to all French.
                      No, one word. ORENGA

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                        Oh!!! Here we have the new Aristotle!!! We lost because we were poor on both sides, we played badly. And you are saying that? The teams don't fail for what you had said. Our team was awful, I said that I wasn't confident about this game.
                        You just don't get it, do you? Think. It maybe hard but try.

Comment

• Nice flopping show by Spain too bad didnt work this time

Comment

• Well, this clearly shows what happens when a team with a good coach and mediocre players faces a team with good players and a worse-than-mediocre coach in an elimination game. If the players don't bail him out, it's a loss.

It's unbelievable Orenga allowed Marc to be in the floor tonight. His body was here, but his mind was his newborn. Ibaka shooting threes and not being immediately benched is another good one.

Congratulations to Collet and co. they deserved this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              The interesting point is that Spain did not come up with a solution for France's game after last year's unexpected defeat... Maybe they thought this time they're way too stronger and no need for special attention? This game was played in a very similar style, especially in the first half with Diaw orchestrating the offense, only France played even better today, not needing all score production from one man only... Great win for Collet, really. Congrats to all French.
                              Exactly my thoughts.
                              As it proved to be Spain had only one plan....RUN!
                              If that fails then what?
                              Then I guess France wins!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
                                It's a pity we cannot be gentlemen as the french. Pietrus and Gelabale attacking Llull from behind without provocation was a good start. Heurtel elbowing Ricky in his (admittedly ample) nose, then continuing the play to score undefended was even better.

Want to know what Llull was shouting Pietrus when the referees separated them? "Siempre estáis igual", "You're getting at it again"
                                Rubio did not get an elbow for pete's sake...he was acting, and the ref caught him at it.
                                And you are still trying to protect [-deleted-]???
                                Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-10-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information