No announcement yet.

Group A, Day 3: Iran vs. Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Serbia is cruizing to a win. Some help from Refs but all and all Djordjevic was very smart at going inside to Raduljica inside trying to get Haddadi's 5th foul.

Comment

Haha "Rock You Like a Hurricane". Gotta love the music being played by some of these bands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
        ooo AmonRA

What's up man?

So what is the problem with Serbia, are they tanking or something else?
        Hi man!
        Well, there is no tanking, its only Djordjevic idiot..

Comment

Iran needs to work on their fundamentals, especially on defense. They play hard, they have size and talent, but they need better footwork and rotation on defense and better ball movement on offense.

Serbia looks like a deep team. Should be interesting going forward.

Comment

15-0 run for Serbia at the start of 3rd quarter but the rest of the game was good LOL

Good news, Only one more embarrassment left for us in the World Cup

Comment

Much better effort from Iran. Still obviously we are not close to Serbia's level. Haddadi had a monster game. Good to see Samad finally get going. Hopefully he'll carry his form into next two games. If the rest of the guys can play a bit better we might be able to keep it close with France. Not much to play for now though since France has already beaten Serbia.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                Iran needs to work on their fundamentals, especially on defense. They play hard, they have size and talent, but they need better footwork and rotation on defense and better ball movement on offense.

Serbia looks like a deep team. Should be interesting going forward.
                Yeah, I want to see a half decent American college coach just drill the fundamentals into their heads. They need it more than what Euro coaches can teach them.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                  15-0 run for Serbia at the start of 3rd quarter but the rest of the game was good LOL

Good news, Only one more embarrassment left for us in the World Cup

You're being too pessimistic bro...volleyball's exponential improvement has made us think beating high quality teams is easy. You gotta work hard to achieve that...when have we ever won big games on the world stage at an underage level that you want us to beat these teams now in the world cup???

I know they played up to their maximum potential today...but that's all we had in the tank

Also that 4th foul on haddadi which was a very bad call changed the whole game today...serbia didnt have an answer for him all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                    You're being too pessimistic bro...volleyball's exponential improvement has made us think beating high quality teams is easy. You gotta work hard to achieve that...when have we ever won big games on the world stage at an underage level that you want us to beat these teams now in the world cup???

I know they played up to their maximum potential today...but that's all we had in the tank

Also that 4th foul on haddadi which was a very bad call changed the whole game today...serbia didnt have an answer for him all night long.
                    I'm mostly joking, I gave up hope on this tournament right after the draw since we got the toughest possible opponents, I know they tried their best today, specially Samad and Hamed. nothing to complain, we are not in Serbia's level. as other users said we have fundamental problems which can't be solved over a night.

I'm mostly still upset because of yesterday's game which was disastrous in my opinion.

Comment

No we didnt play at our maximum we have yet to use krle
                      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

krstic why didnt play against france and iran?

Comment

Originally posted by Rostam View Post
                          Yeah, I want to see a half decent American college coach just drill the fundamentals into their heads. They need it more than what Euro coaches can teach them.
                          I believe on the opposite. Mehmed is strong with developing players, his son Sani is the best example for that - probably the last player ever to be able to score 20ppg at the age of 19 in euroleague, all that in a clear top8 team back than. Leading the games isn't his strong point on the other side.
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                            Hi man!
                            Well, there is no tanking, its only Djordjevic idiot..
                            We will see what will happen at the end but my opinion is that Djordjevic is not the right coach for Serbia. Hopefully I am wrong.
                            4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

IMO what happen with your team right now is more of a mental thing. Look you have the height and the physicality to match up against other big teams in this tournament. its just that the mind and maybe perhaps the will to win was not their. if you compare your team against Gilas Pilipinas you have the upperhand from 1 - 5 positions in the floor but what Gilas is doing right now is beyond expectation because they have nothing to loose and they play their hearts out though undersized but they never backed down to whom is placed in front of them.

and our team created a buzz by almost beating the top tier teams in this tournament. it not because of talent and definitely not because of our height its because of the Heart and the will to fight even though were always in the losing end. and thats what you call #PUSO!

Comment

Am wondering why isn't krstic playing? Are they reserving him for the later rounds or has a minor injury? Or is it just raduljica is having a good tourney? Krstic has been the most steady player for the serbs in previous tourneys

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information