W Singapore
    L China
    W Chinese Taipei
    W Japan
    W South Korea
    L China

2002 World Championship

L Brazil: 16pts, 1reb, 3ast, 1stl.
    L Puerto Rico: 13pts, 11reb, 3ast, 3stl.
    L Turkey: 28pts, 5reb, 5ast, 5stl.
    L Canada: 9pts, 8reb, 5ast, 3stl, 1blk.
    L Algeria: 22pts, 6reb, 6ast, 1stl, 2blk.

2005 Asian Championship

W Jordan
    W India
    W Hong Kong China
    W Saudi Arabia
    L China
    W Japan
    W Qatar
    L China

2006 World Championship

W Venezuela: 35pts, 8reb, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk.
    L Argentina: 10pts, 1reb, 3stl.
    L Serbia & Montenegro: 12pts, 2ast.
    W France: 29pts, 4reb, 1ast, 4stl.
    L Nigeria: 8pts, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl.

2006 Asian Games

W Uzbekistan
    L Japan
    L Kazakhstan
    L Chinese Taipei
    L China
    W Bahrain
    W Syria

2007 Asian Championship

W Kuwait: 25pts, 5reb, 1ast.
    L Japan: 17pts, 2reb.
    W UAE: 37pts, 14reb, 3ast.
    W Qatar: 38pts, 9reb, 5ast, 1stl.
    W Chinese Taipei: 28pts, 6reb, 1ast, 4stl.
    W Iran: 22pts, 2reb, 4ast, 1stl.
    W South Korea: 32pts, 3reb, 2stl, 1blk.
    L Iran: 19pts, 8reb, 4ast, 2stl.

2008 Olympic Qualifying Tournament

L Greece: 14pts, 1reb, 3ast.
    L Brazil: 3pts.

2009 Asian Championship

L Jordan: 7pts, 1ast, 2stl.
    W UAE: 19pts, 7reb, 3ast.
    W Indonesia: 29pts, 9reb, 4ast, 3stl, 1blk.
    W Qatar: 13pts, 6reb, 6ast, 1stl.
    L China: 4pts, 3reb, 1ast.
    W Kazakhstan: 24pts, 6reb, 4ast, 1stl.
    W South Korea: 10pts, 1reb, 2ast, 1stl.
    L China: 2pts, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl.
    L Jordan: 13pts, 8reb, 2ast, 1stl.

2010 Stankovic Cup

W Philippines: 4pts, 6reb, 3ast, 1stl, 1blk.
    W Jordan: 13pts, 1reb, 1ast, 1blk.
    W Qatar: 18pts, 4reb, 3ast, 1blk.
    W Kazakhstan: 16pts, 4reb, 7ast, 1stl.
    W Philippines: 25pts, 7reb, 2ast.
    W Japan: 21pts, 6reb, 5ast, 1stl, 1blk.

2010 World Championship

W Canada: 31pts, 8reb, 1ast, 1blk.
    L France: 12pts, 1reb, 1stl.
    L New Zealand: 18pts, 7reb, 1ast, 1blk.
    L Spain: 10pts, 4reb.
    L Lithuania: 6pts, 2reb, 3ast, 1stl.

2012 Asian Cup

W Macau China: 22pts, 7reb, 4ast, 2stl.
    L Philippines: 24pts, 15reb, 4ast, 1blk.
    W China: 25pts, 10reb, 7ast, 4stl.
    W Uzbekistan: 37pts, 11reb, 5ast, 1stl.
    L Qatar: 12pts, 9reb, 5ast.
    L China: 34pts, 9reb, 2ast, 2stl, 2blk.
    W Uzbeksitan: 44pts, 7reb, 6ast, 1stl.

2017 Asian Cup

W South Korea: 16pts, 5reb, 4ast.
    L New Zealand: 33pts, 11reb, 8ast.
    W Kazakhstan: 18pts, 2reb, 2ast.
    W Chinese Taipei: 30pts, 7reb, 4ast, 2stl.
    L Iran: 18pts, 2reb, 2ast, 1stl.
    W Philippines: 36pts, 6reb, 8ast, 2stl.
    L China: 30pts, 8reb, 4ast.
    Last edited by Kings; 04-25-2020, 01:13 AM.

lets watch Fadi el khatib together elie mcchantaf in the 2000 ABC allstar extravaganza

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sakamoto View Post
      lets watch Fadi el khatib together elie mcchantaf in the 2000 ABC allstar extravaganza
      PBA Stars 106 Asian Stars 86

Elie Mchantaf of LIB 17pts
      Fadi El Khatib of LIB 14pts
      Ali Al Maghrabi of KSA 14pts
      Osamah Mubarak of KUW 10pts
      Zhu Dong of CHN 9pts
      Lo Shin-Liang of TPE 6pts
      Cheng Chih-Lung of TPE 5pts
      Gong Xiaobin of CHN 4Pts
      Last edited by Kings; 08-19-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

The official website of FIBA, the International Basketball Federation, and the governing body of Basketball. FIBA organises the most famous and prestigious international basketball competitions including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA World Championship for Women and the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. The website features live and on demand videos, basketball news, over 70,00 players profile and thousands of teams profiles, schedules and statistics of all FIBA Events as well as results and statistics from over 80 national basketball leagues.

My most favorite non-Filipino basketball player in Asian basketball.

The first time I saw this guy was during the PBA all-star vs. ABC All-star game in Manila in 2000. Fadi was a young player then but was already groomed as Elie Mchantaf's (Lebanon's iconic player at that time) heir apparent. Fadi more than lived-up with that hyped. In fact, I think he even eclipsed Elie Mchantaf's accomplishments.

Its amazing that already at 38 years old, yet he is the top scorer of the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup. Looks like Fadi can play at high level for the next 10 more years.

Fadi El Khatib is really the face of Lebanese basketball. Good luck to you idol & farewell.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Mmm i don't know what to say about him !
            He's for sure the best Lebanese player in history. At this age and to be the top scorer is something special but Fadi is a great professional player so it's not a surprise. Nobody can deny his talent BUT behind this great player a lot of question can be made about his behavior with the NT since 2009 or about fadi as a person.
            He will stay an enigm for me. Maybe what i will say is absolutely wrong about him but it's my impression.

IMO Fadi always loved to be treat as a star since the beginning of his career you can see that, he loves when people talk about him like he was MJ, he loves when people pay attention to him, he's like a child he needs attention.

To be honest Im not a big fan of Fadi as a person and social media, interview etc can show us how he is. He always talks about him, very pretentious and not humble at all. He's a type of guy who always have problem with people, i can understand some of them because he's the best etc but come on why always you ?? A lot of show off in his behavior unfortunately.

Why always Fadi had problem to join NT ? Why makes drama every summer since 2009 ? My answer it's because he loves to see and to hear how good he is and how we need him and how great he is etc.

Why Fadi had problems with some players (Freije, Vroman) ? I think it is because he always wanted to be the best and when Vroman, Freije came he felt like he can lost the place that he had.

Why he had troubles with Baldwin and Subotic ? Because they didn't hesitate to put him on the bench because basketball is a team sport and you have to attack and DEFEND (he's biggest weakness).

He has a big EGO for sure.

I will not talk about the moneygate because i don't have any idea but for fiba asia 2015 he gave up the NT for his contract in China ....so for some $ he left the NT and i can never forget that.

But with all that thank you Tiger for what you have done for the NT. You will be missed for sure. You gave me a lot of emotions. I can remember every single point you scored in the money time with the NT jersey. You had big balls and we were lucky to have you but nobody is bigger than the NT.
            If only he had Rony Fahed's behavior he will be loved by everyone in Lebanon but after all nobody is like Fahed !
            Rony is the one !
            BTW Lebanon with Fahed in fiba asia :
            2001 : 2nd
            2003 : 4th without Fadi
            2005 : 2nd
            2007 : 2nd
            2009 : 4th
            I think we got one of the answer for our bad results since 2011 !

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
              Mmm i don't know what to say about him !
              He's for sure the best Lebanese player in history. At this age and to be the top scorer is something special but Fadi is a great professional player so it's not a surprise. Nobody can deny his talent BUT behind this great player a lot of question can be made about his behavior with the NT since 2009 or about fadi as a person.
              He will stay an enigm for me. Maybe what i will say is absolutely wrong about him but it's my impression.

IMO Fadi always loved to be treat as a star since the beginning of his career you can see that, he loves when people talk about him like he was MJ, he loves when people pay attention to him, he's like a child he needs attention.

To be honest Im not a big fan of Fadi as a person and social media, interview etc can show us how he is. He always talks about him, very pretentious and not humble at all. He's a type of guy who always have problem with people, i can understand some of them because he's the best etc but come on why always you ?? A lot of show off in his behavior unfortunately.

Why always Fadi had problem to join NT ? Why makes drama every summer since 2009 ? My answer it's because he loves to see and to hear how good he is and how we need him and how great he is etc.

Why Fadi had problems with some players (Freije, Vroman) ? I think it is because he always wanted to be the best and when Vroman, Freije came he felt like he can lost the place that he had.

Why he had troubles with Baldwin and Subotic ? Because they didn't hesitate to put him on the bench because basketball is a team sport and you have to attack and DEFEND (he's biggest weakness).

He has a big EGO for sure.

I will not talk about the moneygate because i don't have any idea but for fiba asia 2015 he gave up the NT for his contract in China ....so for some $ he left the NT and i can never forget that.

But with all that thank you Tiger for what you have done for the NT. You will be missed for sure. You gave me a lot of emotions. I can remember every single point you scored in the money time with the NT jersey. You had big balls and we were lucky to have you but nobody is bigger than the NT.
              If only he had Rony Fahed's behavior he will be loved by everyone in Lebanon but after all nobody is like Fahed !
              Rony is the one !
              BTW Lebanon with Fahed in fiba asia :
              2001 : 2nd
              2003 : 4th without Fadi
              2005 : 2nd
              2007 : 2nd
              2009 : 4th
              I think we got one of the answer for our bad results since 2011 !

Your spot on many things here. Unfortunately lebbasketball is becoming much like politics, way many embarassment and players coaches managers owners etc attacking each other. Its been a total comedy show for some time now. I am starting to feel Lots of people impersonating ghassan sarkis and fighting with everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                Your spot on many things here. Unfortunately lebbasketball is becoming much like politics, way many embarassment and players coaches managers owners etc attacking each other. Its been a total comedy show for some time now. I am starting to feel Lots of people impersonating ghassan sarkis and fighting with everybody.
                Indeed ! Politics in sport is killing the sport but you know how it works unfortunately.

At one point i feel like basketball became bigger than what we deserve. I mean we are not professional at all. Most of our stadium are a disgrace ( Mouttahed the second biggest city ! Their stadium is a shame and i knew that they built a bigger one but they don't use it).

Management is working like politics (maybe the only two professional clubs that we have is Riyadi and Hoops). BTW thanks to them to produce every year a number of players especially Riyadi club (btw im a sagesse fan).

IMO social media made and it is still making a lot of problem (fans, players, coaches,...) but i believe it was like that 15 years ago but there wasnt social media at that time.

All D1 and D2 clubs must have an academy.
                All D1 clubs have to respect some standard with their stadium.
                That's how i see the game growing and of course to stop the 3 foreigners system !

Comment

Lot of players that are available have learned their game outside Lebanon. Bawji, Tabet, Ali Haidar, Chartouny.You add a naturalized, and only half the NT is "Lebanese Product" .
                  There is problem in nurturing talent. Throw in oldies like Abdel Nour and Fadi. Where is new blood? Teams are intrested in "winning now" and going for 3 foreigner rule rather then develop any new talents. The game is dead. I thought Walid Nassar was the biggest problem in Lebanese Basketball, but now that Walid is gone whats stopping from going back to 2 foreigners? And if anything we should really consider going to 1 foreigner. We are in deep economic problems, and need to open jobs for our young generation instead we are closing door for sake of foreigners who come play for the money and sell the shirt the minute they get an offer elsewhere.

I do agree on one thing as Riyadi fan, we do need a champion different then Riyadi to bring more fans to the game.

Comment

I think we have plenty of talents once again thanks Riyadi in the youth level but the problem is their development. IMO we have some problem to improve them.
                    I can tell few names who didn't improve : Mazen Mneimneh is maybe the most famous of them, Im afraid of Ahmad Ibrahim because at his age he should be more mature and more involved in the NT. Look when we compare Ibrahim and Kazemi who used to play with him in the US. One has a big experience at the Asian level and even the world stage and the other played once in fiba Asia and was injured after one game.

Now we have Salim Alaaeddine, Karim Zeinoun, Ali Mansour, Mark Khoury, etc but they have to work hard and PLAY ! The problem is a lot of them are running after the $ even if they will be benched by their team.
                    I agree with you : teams are making the impossible just to win the championship and they don't care about anything else.

I don't know if we need a different champion to bring more fans because as you know most of fans are following a team because of their love to a "7ezb" or because of their community or religion UNFORTUNATELY.
                    But I do think that we have to involve more region in the basketball game (Bekaa, South even the North).

How did you see Chartouny ? I think he can help us a lot and i still don't understand why the coach didn't use him more. When we look at statistics he's our best % FG. He played right, i've loved his touch, he didn't dribble a lot like all our players (i's a big problem that we have !!), we can see that he play outside Lebanon.

Comment

I never see Chartouny enough to judge, but Mezher shouldnt have been in the NT. Because he is way too short, and cannot shoot to save his life from 3. We needed Elie Chamoun instead of Mezher.
                      And if we had weakness in PG, then maybe Jad Khalil instead of Chamoun. But Chartouny/Arakji should have been enough. Your last part really is one of major problems in our game, our players are good playing with the ball.But when they dont have the ball in their hands, they do nthg and have no clue how to play offball.They dont cut, no screens no shit.Our players like ball hogging.

Comment

While Ahmad Ibrahim as a talent would have helped, and is better then lot called to the NT.Lets not forget what he did in previous waba ( 2015?) . Dude has some mental problems as well.

Comment

Yes Elie Chamoun, Hayk instead of Elie Rustom and Nadim Souaid. Even Elie Stephan would help us but he was injured.
                          A big disappointment from Mezher. No 3's from him.

Now with the absence of Fadi, my starting line up would be :

Wael/Chartouny/ Mezher or Jad Khalil
                          Stephan/Chamoun/Amir
                          Ibrahim/Hayk/Jean (i don't know if he retired but he's more a club player and he knows how to defend against lebanese but when it comes to Eastern players he's lost and don't do anything in attack)
                          Haidar/Bawji
                          Naturalized player but not Pelle.Upshaw would be a better choice./ Tabet

Coach : Alan Abbaz/ Vucinic/ Baldwin
                          Last edited by Lebasketball; 08-30-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I was anti-Pelle from begining. Not a modern player. Because in nowadays basketball, you need your center to do much more then just rebound and block shots. Pelle is truly limited outside of that, all he does in scoring is someone setting him up an alley oop. He has no offensive skills, its like playing 4 vs 5 in offensive end with him. We need a center ala Joe Vogel, where he can rebound protect the paint and shoot the ball from 3. Someone like Vogel would make Ehadadi get out of his position from the paint, and go out on the perimiter to defend him because he can shoot the 3. While with Pelle, ehadadi would camp all night under the basket protecting the paint.Because he doesnt need to guard pelle on perimiter. Spacing has become a vital point in game of basketball, the NBA testify that with Golden State Warriors Rockets Cleveland best teams are 3 point shooting teams.

Hayk is another guy I would take, the NT should not be best 12. But it should be 12 players whose style fit together. Guys like Nadim Souaid or Ali Mezher are useless with the NT, because their style of play need them to hog the ball.They cannot get along with Wael.There is one ball to play with. We need more of Hayk, Chamoun catch and shoot players + defend well.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                              I was anti-Pelle from begining. Not a modern player. Because in nowadays basketball, you need your center to do much more then just rebound and block shots. Pelle is truly limited outside of that, all he does in scoring is someone setting him up an alley oop. He has no offensive skills, its like playing 4 vs 5 in offensive end with him. We need a center ala Joe Vogel, where he can rebound protect the paint and shoot the ball from 3. Someone like Vogel would make Ehadadi get out of his position from the paint, and go out on the perimiter to defend him because he can shoot the 3. While with Pelle, ehadadi would camp all night under the basket protecting the paint.Because he doesnt need to guard pelle on perimiter. Spacing has become a vital point in game of basketball, the NBA testify that with Golden State Warriors Rockets Cleveland best teams are 3 point shooting teams.

Hayk is another guy I would take, the NT should not be best 12. But it should be 12 players whose style fit together. Guys like Nadim Souaid or Ali Mezher are useless with the NT, because their style of play need them to hog the ball.They cannot get along with Wael.There is one ball to play with. We need more of Hayk, Chamoun catch and shoot players + defend well.
                              100% correct !
                              I can't add anything.

Basketball is an easy sport like all the team sport !
                              First of all don't dribble too much when you have the ball
                              Secondly when one of our player has the ball there's no movement around him ! Maybe the only player who still run and understand this is Amir Saoud because he wants to run away from his defender to have an open shot. Plus when Fadi receive the ball he always take 6 7 seconds to realease the ball or to drive and do a lay up so his absence will give more ball movement and that's a great thing.

We lack basketball IQ (someone like Ismail Ahmad) from all of our players...especially Wael who still runs fast when he receive the ball (bad reflex especially when you're up)
                              Shooters shooters shooters ---> none of them in the starting 5 and even in the 12 (except Amir)

Our biggest weakness is the defense.
                              Even Jean (our best defensive player) is not amazing but it doesn't change a lot because defense it's about the 5 players so once again it's a TEAM defense that we need to do. Press the point guard (like Turkey B "their starter" or NZ against us, they killed Wael but it's not all his fault because nobody helped him with pick and roll)
                              BTW the pick and roll in the previous team (for example Lebanon 2010) was our main play in attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information