Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial fair play

Originally posted by Ariel Aduriz View Post
    I cry too often thats for sure.Crying because of joy when my team wins Euroleague or reaches F4 90% of the times over the past 20-30 years brings me tears i wont lie about that.
    I dont care about your teams success or whatever as everyone can easily see. But you seem too much interested about our money, so "we have money, we get laid" live with that. And dont try to change the subject like this. You look pathetic that way

Originally posted by gockun View Post
    It is you the one who cried. You said " you dont care about turkish or Russians money" but you jumped into topic related with it. How oxymoron is that. And about the financial fair play. It is not who should be care about, it is your precious non spending clubs that cant pay their depths. Because last time i check it was all about that. So I have nothing to complein. But sure you got a lot to cry it seems.
    Financial fair play is implemented to deal with teams that are to a very large degree kept afloat by a single investor and would be bankrupt if he ever left.
    So basically Man City might have no problem dealing with its liabilities now but if the Arabs ever left, the team would implode and FFP aims to prevent that from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
      Financial fair play is implemented to deal with teams that are to a very large degree kept afloat by a single investor and would be bankrupt if he ever left.
      So basically Man City might have no problem dealing with its liabilities now but if the Arabs ever left, the team would implode and FFP aims to prevent that from happening.
      And FFP will be Implemented in the Euroleage next year (2015/16 season).

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
        I dont care about your teams success or whatever as everyone can easily see. But you seem too much interested about our money, so "we have money, we get laid" live with that. And dont try to change the subject like this. You look pathetic that way
        You are the one that still doesnt understand what financial fair play means so keep the pathetic look for your self.Since as an Asian you are allowed to play in European competition you should have both same advantages and disadvatages as the rest.End of story

Originally posted by Matze20111984 View Post
        And they wanna disqualify him for the league? LOL

What a joke!
        I dont think they will apply such a "heavy penalty".A fine seems more appropriate

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
        Vesely zu Fener. Kleiza zu Milano.
        If the unreliable sportando is right for once then Kleiza will get 700.000/season from Armani...compare it with his previous season salary :P

Comment

Uleb isn't so dumb (well I hope so) that they would try to punish those big spending teams, they see it as a tool to force some of them to finaly work on attendance, season tickets, promotion, merchandise and simmilar as some teams aren't actualy trying to make some money as the later is not an issue one way or another.
          This way CSKA will have to move to a bigger arena and work on filling it, Barcelona will have to revise their paleolithic ticket policy, some other teams will have to actually sell those tickets instead of randomly giving those away just to increase the attendance and the presure from the fans... and in general teams with healthy financial structure will be promoted as they should be.

Teams like Unics Kazan, by the 2013 data earning 120.000 € from ticket sales and spending almost 7 million € on salaries or CSKA earning less than 2 M € from attendance, merchandise and TV rights while spending 30+M € on salaries alone would be the ones in trouble. I'd be glad to further list teams from other places as well, but Russian and French league are the only ones publicly announcing the budget relating informations.
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Why so many ... here who care about Turkish teams money that much?
            It's not you spending it, calm down.

When rich Greeks pay €30M for Olympiacos, Panathinaikos no problem.
            When rich Spaniards pay for Tau Ceramica and Unicaja Malaga no problem.
            When rich Italians pay for Emporio Armani, Kinder Bologna, Siena no problem.

But when Russians and Turks pay, there should be a financial fair-play...
            Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 07-19-2014, 04:27 PM.
            Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post

personally i wrote the same for grecians and if they continued spending like that, they disappeared. that's why pana era is ended and we will not have same pana and oly as before for long time

Comment

@iskoch, I don't get it. With the number of fans you guys are saying for example Fenerbahce has, this should be a non-issue for you guys.

And as I've said, this financial fair play is pointing against western clubs as well, Barca and Milano are surely not fulfilling it right now and will have to put a major effort to pass that, at least judging from what has been said about financial fair play so far.
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  @iskoch, I don't get it. With the number of fans you guys are saying for example Fenerbahce has, this should be a non-issue for you guys.

And as I've said, this financial fair play is pointing against western clubs as well, Barca and Milano are surely not fulfilling it right now and will have to put a major effort to pass that, at least judging from what has been said about financial fair play so far.
                  Get real. This is not football, Uleb doesn't pay a lot unlike Uefa, same applies local Federations. Partizan abd Red Star plays for 15000+ people every year and they still cant pay a little salary. If you wanna watch quality someone has to pay for you. Basketball is just like golf or tennis, only a few cares majority doesn't give a shit.

Comment

Personally i make a difference between all of the countries you mentioned (include Turkey) and Russia.

All the teams you mentioned + The Turkish teams have decent arenas and respectable crowds.
                    I would love to see more effort from their side on increasing revenues and changing Euroleague to suit a better business model, but I do know that they give enough to the competition already. It's always great fun to visit arenas in Greece, Spain, Italy, Turkey ( If you are not an Israeli ).

Russia on the other side have no fans, and I beginning to think that they don't even have a fan potential, because if CSKA with all of it's success plays in such a small gym, it shows that either the fan potential in Moscow is very low or that their management didn't put any effort on the subject. They pay nonsense salaries to every guy that have 2-3 good weeks, and driving the market up which is eventually hurting the European basketball.

I think that the Euroleague should address the problem, and find better set of minimum rules for teams that want to have a license for the competition. The rules should punish teams that doesn't bring anything to the competition but their money.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                      personally i wrote the same for grecians and if they continued spending like that, they disappeared. that's why pana era is ended and we will not have same pana and oly as before for long time
                      If I had 4-5 billions of dollars and a company which makes $300-500M profit every year,
                      I would do everything to replace Ülker as Fenerbahçe's sponsor...

So, let them spend...
                      I am sure Gianakopoulos family and Aggelopoulos bros will start spending 3-4 years later when Greece quits from crisis...

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                      changing a forward which can shoot with the one which can not.
                      Kleiza's quality can not be doubted, if Obradović failed to use it (quality) properly and get it from him then it is his failure as much as it is Kleiza's..
                      Kleiza struggled with his knee injury whole year as I heard...
                      That's why he didn't perform well and that's why Fener released him...

And to whom it may concern;
                      McCalebb was released due to his high wage.
                      He would earn 2.1M this year (don't know $ or €), Zoc&Mau decided to pay 300K and terminate his contact.

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post

gockun said eveything I could write...

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern can't be mediocre teams.
                      They must find money somehow and be a contender in every branch they have.
                      Last edited by iskoch; 07-19-2014, 05:45 PM.
                      Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

@Gockun: Depends on a region, I guess CSKA will definately have troubles not enough people actually caring about them to make it worthwhile investing as much, but there are regions where people care about basketball waaay more than about golf or tennis. I don't see anything wrong with those clubs being rewarded for it.
                        To be honest Bayern manages to sell 5000 season tickets right away, while they're saying the could sell a lot more of those if they had the capacity, if such a non exactly the most traditional basketball region can make that work, than I think the rest that consider themselves as basketball cities don't have much of an excuse.
                        Fans are taking competing in euroleague for granted with all those BS licences, national championships are becoming less competitive accordingly, euroleague lost it's surprises beyond it's top10 clubs and of course Uleb isn't able to pay some huge sums due to that. Interestingly enough Fiba wouldn't have a problem with that if it wasn't for the fact they're run by basketball marginal countries that see development of bball in their own narrow way - that being said, obviously there is more interest for the sport that many aknowledge, just that you can't go against the basic logics of competitiveness and economics the way Uleb does.

As far as I know the situation loads of people get on Partizan and Zvezda's games for free, of course that's not going to help with the budget, there are also other longer stories I won't be bothering you with, but fans of both teams can describe those in details if they desire as they're more fammiliar with those - but that still doesn't mean financial fair play should be abolished, it's a logical next step.

Letting the whole competition live and die with some random investors that consider this as their hobby is irresponsible from the bigger point of view, the clubs have to find a way of generating their own income. It's doable for many teams, yet doesn't happen as it doesn't have to for many... along with generating incomes, the "industry" sooner or later starts rolling.

Comment

gockun said eveything I could write...

I'm sure those are their ambitions, yet they are trying to fulfill those in quiet a different ways.
                          Bayern took this thing methodicaly, realised their shareholders would love to have a basketball team, but not at an expense of the football one, they're doing everything they can to earn their money accordingly. FC might bankrupt to pieces yet BC would still survive as crazy and hypothetical as that sounds
                          Real Madrid realised that after pouring millions in their team, they might as well earn something from that, moved to bigger arena and at least from the feeling I got trying to make some € out of it
                          Barcelona is depending on the city and FC money, they've got terrible ticket policy and can't move to Palau Sant Jordi accordingly (sure it's crowded, but c'mmon) and doing nothing on the matter, because they don't have to.
                          I'll add CSKA here, basicaly saying what Metec has said above. You get a feeling they are thinking like "somehow someone cares about this competition, so let's win that as we're the mighty CSKA" and would probably pump in twice as money if they needed to, even if barely anyone in Moscow cared.

I don't really care about the feelings of either Real, Barcelona, Manchester, Lazio, Porto, Chelsea or Bayern fans if they're left out of the elite in some sport, as far as I am concerned I only care of basketball's best interest in this matter. And the later does not include contenders pumping in loads of money with barely any fan support or ability to at least co-create an enviroment where they can survive on their own.

Comment

We won't have as much money as Barca or Real has, because we don't use football money for basketball!

And we need more time to become a big euroleague team. It's just our 4th year now in the 1st league in Germany!

Comment

Originally posted by Matze20111984 View Post
                              We won't have as much money as Barca or Real has, because we don't use football money for basketball!
                              Do you really believe this? Why then is your club named "FC Bayern Munich"? Why isn't it called "BC Munich" or "Munich Basket"?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information