PBA Philippine Cup (All Filipino) - 40th Season [2014-2015]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0sen View Post
    On the topic of farm teams, thats precisely what KIA is going to be. I mean, imagine the 2015 draft. The chances of KIA being first team to draft is especially high (yes, I already know that KIA is going to absolutely suck the next 3 conferences). And who will most likely be top of the '15 draft class? Perhaps BRP. KIA will then proceed to sell said first round pick to the richer teams. Smh
    how sure are you of that? if they wanted to sell their first round pick, they could have already done so to improve their current team....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
      how sure are you of that? if they wanted to sell their first round pick, they could have already done so to improve their current team....
      Am referring to their first round pick in the 2015 draft.

And as for them being a farm team, well, this team drafted a professional boxer with no prior basketball experience (outside of pickup games in his hometown) as their first pick of the draft. Emphasis on first pick. Then, on their next opportunity, they proceed to draft the first pick's cousin when there are obviously better players.

You see, a team like this doesn't even care about winning a trophy. They're all about creating a buzz and marketing their product and the first crack they get at real talent, they'll ship him off in exchange for funding more of the entertainment and marketing of their product. Similar to Air21 and that despicable Barako Bull team.

Comment

One hard foul away from belga

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
          Why reward them? What have they done for the league lately?

It's part of any competition. You start from the bottom, learn things learn the league and see if you survive. If you can't improve in a few years, get out.
          If RoS can do it, so should Blackwater [run by another can-do basketball-loving Chinoy]. KIA looks like the new farm/conduit team tho.
          “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

My team Ginebra. Sucky as always, LA is getting old and weary, JA is like a ghost. I hope Jeff Cariaso cure this team. TNT also do they have now a legit big man now? If not they gonna crumble again in the playoffs or championship.

Comment

no doubt Paul Lee's manager was eyeing for perks offered by other teams like the JDV incident. lee's stock was on an alltime high after drilling 3 FTs that sealed the deal for Gilas and catapulted him to WC. so naturally theres interest by other teams. however Lee's manager cited he felt bad about the possibility of being traded, which was a lame reason. if i was the manager, i would demand for more playing time for Lee, he cannot maximize his potential playing 25mins or less by equal opportunity basketball. now thats a solid reason to get out of ROS and would make them reconsider giving Lee perks or simply let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by swish#20 View Post
                no doubt Paul Lee's manager was eyeing for perks offered by other teams like the JDV incident. lee's stock was on an alltime high after drilling 3 FTs that sealed the deal for Gilas and catapulted him to WC. so naturally theres interest by other teams. however Lee's manager cited he felt bad about the possibility of being traded, which was a lame reason. if i was the manager, i would demand for more playing time for Lee, he cannot maximize his potential playing 25mins or less by equal opportunity basketball. now thats a solid reason to get out of ROS and would make them reconsider giving Lee perks or simply let him go.
                Unfortunately for Lee, that bastard Chongson had to make a show of the trade issue. Yes the possibility of being traded was a lame reason but the fiasco that followed was completely unnecessary. Even mentioning another team who he thought Lee would be a "fit" with.

Comment

sheesh...those perks should be banned from the league anyway, that's why chongson had no leverage whatsoever to negotiate. it was either expose the under the table deals given by other teams or think of other far-fetched reasons why his client wanted to transfer, which he did. unfortunately for him, lee ultimately decided to stay.

Comment

I actually understand what kia is doing. You're not winning anyways so why not focus on marketing first. We all know cots pacman is just a front, Capacio is. I'll start judging their commitment to win next season(how they'll use the top 2 pick).

on the case of April boy, maybe lee wants guaranteed playing time to have a chance at mvp? (who am i kidding lol)

Comment

as much as we hate what april boy is doing and we might not know the details of the contract, i think his antics might have worked and he got Paul some additional thigs.. hehe.

but the problem is that all his antics got Paul Lee in a bad light and i think got people and probably his team mates thinking that Paul might have a superstar mindset. i hope this does not affect RoS chemistry.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

heres a preview of Kia's playing coach, reminds me of nocioni + rudy fernandez

I actually had a discussion with Chot, Tab, Natxo and Josh about Pacman as a player and coach. Without saying anything it was hilarious. I can't blame Manny on the other hand for following his dream, I'm one of his biggest fans and I admire him for this. As a basketball nut I would actually do the same thing as Manny if allowed to..
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          I actually had a discussion with Chot, Tab, Natxo and Josh about Pacman as a player and coach. Without saying anything it was hilarious. I can't blame Manny on the other hand for following his dream, I'm one of his biggest fans and I admire him for this. As a basketball nut I would actually do the same thing as Manny if allowed to..
                          here is the thing, i would rather watch manny pacquiao play in the PBA than watch Utah Jazz vs. Milwaukee Bucks last NBA season.. we know that the PBA and NBA are professional sports, but they are also entertainment and marketing medium..

Comment

Rain or Shine, NLEX tune-up cancelled after Ryan Arana and Rico Villanueva reportedly engaged in a fist fight.
                            What's with all the fights in pre-season games? These happened last season too.

Pacquiao would be proud..

Comment

Originally posted by engwan View Post
                              What's with all the fights in pre-season games? These happened last season too.

Pacquiao would be proud..
                              Ahh the rivalry of DLSU-ADMU e-Vil never forgets
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                                Ahh the rivalry of DLSU-ADMU e-Vil never forgets
                                The arana dance...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information