PBA Philippine Cup (All Filipino) - 40th Season [2014-2015]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
    was just wondering, is this a record of some sort as the highest attendance in a basketball game OUTSIDE of North America/NBA?

(the NBA All Star game in AT&T Stadium in Texas drew 108K)
    Yes, it is...outside of the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
      yup thought so.. i have never heard anything even in China or Europe or South America.. this is cool! phenomenal!

Comment

• The BW KIA game was hella sloppy. Most of the players were kankarot/awkward. "Larong buko" so to speak. KIA's guards saved the day. LA Revilla was fun to watch. Tiongson too. And JBallesteros still looks awful. Erram should have been given more minutes instead. He was great in the first quarter, and then the coaching staff seemed to have forgotten about him the rest of the way. I don't think he got another pass after the second half.

Pacman looked like a kid on Christmas day. I rarely saw him sit down. He was clapping and hopping around like crazy.

Comment

• BTW, Pacquiao became the oldest PBA rookie to play a game. Who held the record previously?

If I remember it correctly, it was Jeffrey Sanders who previously held the distinction. The former Batangas Blade played for Ginebra during the qualification games for the 2003 PBA Invitationals. He was born in 1971. Am I correct with this? Are there no other rookies older than Sanders when they played their first game, other than Pacquiao?

Comment

• Opening ceremonies were not as what I hoped it would be; it was a bit dull. When Gilas players were called and recognized during the opening, I was expecting a video tribute.

The basketball, however, is still good. Matching expansion teams in the first game was an excellent move.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctongco View Post
              Opening ceremonies were not as what I hoped it would be; it was a bit dull. When Gilas players were called and recognized during the opening, I was expecting a video tribute.

The basketball, however, is still good. Matching expansion teams in the first game was an excellent move.
              i actually find the opening ceremonies unnecessary...it would be better if they just scrap that and give us a triple header for the opening day instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                i actually find the opening ceremonies unnecessary...it would be better if they just scrap that and give us a triple header for the opening day instead.
                It's as unnecessary as all the barangay basketball opening ceremonies in your old town's plaza complete with the muses and such. It's a Filipino tradition already of course we'll stick with it
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  It's as unnecessary as all the barangay basketball opening ceremonies in your old town's plaza complete with the muses and such. It's a Filipino tradition already of course we'll stick with it
                  If done properly, it could be a really be an enjoyable event... having Victoria's Secret Angels as muses would definitely help

Comment

If done properly, it could be a really be an enjoyable event... having Victoria's Secret Angels as muses would definitely help
                    I wonder if the ultra conservative INC officials objected to the parade of sexy muses during the opening ceremony in their Glory House...

Comment

Aren't you satisfied with all those pretty faces? My eyes were glued to Dianne Medina's hmm face all throughout the ceremonies. Can't ask for more though; some religion owns the arena.

Comment

Most American arenas wants the fans to have a closer experience when it comes to basketball nothing than more than 35,000 mostly,its not enjoyable to watch the game in the bleeding nose section. Even the Dallas Cowboys Stadium they make it smaller during basketball games.Now if you're talking American football you can have anywhere 60-90thousand,its a different experience even at the top of the stadium. You will never find an American Basketball game with even 40 thousand spectators even the NCAA championship games.

Comment

• This should be the next step of the PBA

SMART Quezon City
                          NLEX Bulacan
                          GINEBRA Manila
                          BLACKWATER San Juan
                          SM Pasay
                          MERALCO Pasig
                          SAN MIGUEL Makati
                          PUREFOODS Taguig
                          RAIN OR SHINE Pampanga
                          AIR 21 Laguna
                          ALASKA Batangas
                          KIA Cavite
                          LHUILLIER Cebu
                          PHOENIX Davao

Comment

I think Harlem Globetrotters drew 75K in Berlin, Germany back in the day when Meadowlark Lemon was the ringleader

Comment

• Originally posted by subsandwiched View Post
                              This should be the next step of the PBA

SMART Quezon City
                              NLEX Bulacan
                              GINEBRA Manila
                              BLACKWATER San Juan
                              SM Pasay
                              MERALCO Pasig
                              SAN MIGUEL Makati
                              PUREFOODS Taguig
                              RAIN OR SHINE Pampanga
                              AIR 21 Laguna
                              ALASKA Batangas
                              KIA Cavite
                              LHUILLIER Cebu
                              PHOENIX Davao
                              Possible but very unlikely to happen. You have the FBL for that headed by Vince Hizon as the Comissioner.
                              Having those cities and provinces lending additional budget to sustain those team will draw issues.
                              Just looked what happened on the defunct MBA.
                              We don't have the same set up as the NBA.
                              "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

Comment

• Originally posted by subsandwiched View Post
                                This should be the next step of the PBA

SMART Quezon City
                                NLEX Bulacan
                                GINEBRA Manila
                                BLACKWATER San Juan
                                SM Pasay
                                MERALCO Pasig
                                SAN MIGUEL Makati
                                PUREFOODS Taguig
                                RAIN OR SHINE Pampanga
                                AIR 21 Laguna
                                ALASKA Batangas
                                KIA Cavite
                                LHUILLIER Cebu
                                PHOENIX Davao
                                Will the cities commit in giving out salaries to the players as well?
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information