Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    this just further proves my point. that they need to create a star since they would struggle to sign one. their paddling demars stats. he is a very poor shooter for a shooting guard... almost 10 years in a League and still havent developed a 3pt shot.
    I think DeMar is bona fide star in Toronto . In NBA .. And ...Toronto had their best season so far, last year ,ever . So...
    Nobody cares if he doesn't shoot three pointers as Ray Allen .
    And most of the teams in NBA do struggle to sign stars . Because there aren't that many available anyway .

First OKC scrimmage this year. White team: Westbrook, Oladipo, Roberson, Adamas and... Sabonis?

Possible signs showing that Sabonis will be starting ?

Also he did well in the srimmage and proved that he is ready.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/780977847364034560

His jumper looks good. Struggled with that all summer long (NT campaign). Due to off season workouts probably. If he develops and polishes that jumper, watch out, major threat in and outside. I think at 4 position he will be very tough to handle. He has fundamentals and strength core of a center, but is mobile enough to play 4. However, I don't think that's any signs of him starting, simply too soon to tell. I expect a lot of ups and downs for him first season. I think the main question is - can he stay with NBA power forwards defensively (and how he plays defence over all). In Olympics I think he showed some very promising signs defensively though.

The flick from the future...

Almost certaintly record, 4 Lithuanian playing same day

Valanciunas 33 mn, 14 pt, 7/11 fg, 7 rb
    Kuzminskas 15 mn, 13 pt, 5/8 fg, 3 rb 2as
    Motiejunas 20 mn, 11 pt, 4/5 fg (1/1 3p), 5 rb, 4 as
    Sabonis 19 mn, 9 pt, 5rb, 5/5 ft
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Almost certaintly record, 4 Lithuanian playing same day

Valanciunas 33 mn, 14 pt, 7/11 fg, 7 rb
    Kuzminskas 15 mn, 13 pt, 5/8 fg, 3 rb 2as
    Motiejunas 20 mn, 11 pt, 4/5 fg (1/1 3p), 5 rb, 4 as
    Sabonis 19 mn, 9 pt, 5rb, 5/5 ft
    Yes great night for all of them, i couldn't choose which game to watch just needed D.Sabonis to be in double point figures.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Egidijus Mockevičius last game 13 point (6/9 FG) 18 rebound 6 asist 1 blok. Good passing, rebound. Wander to play in Euroleague next sezon? He deserving nacional team camp invite. Period. Average 10 point 5 rebound 20 minutes.
    хуя блять!

NBA hurting our lithuanians, Raptors take Ibaka, Valančiūnas geting less minute then before, Cousins go to Pelicans ,less minute for Motiejūnas. Kuzminskas already not geting minutes, Thunder get Gibson, meaning less minute to Sabonis. Why black player favourite in nba and Europe player donnot get good rating? Black player in Europe getting respekt, but white in nba donnot?

Not on topic, but also black rasizm exist but white rasizm donot? i donnot understand.
    хуя блять!

Is it just me, I kinda feel violated when I go to NBA.com and they instantly throw me in to delfi/NBA

So the season is over for Kuzminskas who finished it nicely and D-Mo who seems to be very cautious, but still showed some flashes of his best self. I have to admit I instantly become a fan of Raps when PO comes, I know I will see a heck of an intensity under the boards, JV will turn to the 5th gear, people would jump on Lawry and Derozan, it will be interesting to see how much they have grown as a players. And imagine if D-MO would had signed with Rockets, now we would watch D-Mo and Sabonis going at each other in NBA playoffs. Still great matchup OKC vs Rockets. Should be fun.

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Is it just me, I kinda feel violated when I go to NBA.com and they instantly throw me in to delfi/NBA

In UK It transfers to some official ukportal for american sport games . Drives me mad because I can chose USA version in settings yet it never works .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

So far both lithuanian teams struggles overall.Matchup wise i believe both teams got bad ones in the first round.Both Rockets and Bucks plays fast and perimeter orientated basketball and that bad news for both Jonas and Domantas.Sabonis doesnt play and Valanciunas role is minimazed againts bucks mobile big guys, because he cant stay with them.

I read article that saying that Jonas should get more touches inside, raptors argument was: Valanciunas deals double teams very badly and his passes becomes tournavers or close to that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234