Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

  1. #61
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,056
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    this just further proves my point. that they need to create a star since they would struggle to sign one. their paddling demars stats. he is a very poor shooter for a shooting guard... almost 10 years in a League and still havent developed a 3pt shot.
    I think DeMar is bona fide star in Toronto . In NBA .. And ...Toronto had their best season so far, last year ,ever . So...
    Nobody cares if he doesn't shoot three pointers as Ray Allen .
    And most of the teams in NBA do struggle to sign stars . Because there aren't that many available anyway .

  2. #62
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    First OKC scrimmage this year. White team: Westbrook, Oladipo, Roberson, Adamas and... Sabonis?

    Possible signs showing that Sabonis will be starting ?

    Also he did well in the srimmage and proved that he is ready.

    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/780977847364034560

  3. #63

    Default

    His jumper looks good. Struggled with that all summer long (NT campaign). Due to off season workouts probably. If he develops and polishes that jumper, watch out, major threat in and outside. I think at 4 position he will be very tough to handle. He has fundamentals and strength core of a center, but is mobile enough to play 4. However, I don't think that's any signs of him starting, simply too soon to tell. I expect a lot of ups and downs for him first season. I think the main question is - can he stay with NBA power forwards defensively (and how he plays defence over all). In Olympics I think he showed some very promising signs defensively though.

    The flick from the future...

  4. #64
    Senior Member LuDux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Almost certaintly record, 4 Lithuanian playing same day

    Valanciunas 33 mn, 14 pt, 7/11 fg, 7 rb
    Kuzminskas 15 mn, 13 pt, 5/8 fg, 3 rb 2as
    Motiejunas 20 mn, 11 pt, 4/5 fg (1/1 3p), 5 rb, 4 as
    Sabonis 19 mn, 9 pt, 5rb, 5/5 ft

  5. #65
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    713
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Almost certaintly record, 4 Lithuanian playing same day

    Valanciunas 33 mn, 14 pt, 7/11 fg, 7 rb
    Kuzminskas 15 mn, 13 pt, 5/8 fg, 3 rb 2as
    Motiejunas 20 mn, 11 pt, 4/5 fg (1/1 3p), 5 rb, 4 as
    Sabonis 19 mn, 9 pt, 5rb, 5/5 ft
    Yes great night for all of them, i couldn't choose which game to watch just needed D.Sabonis to be in double point figures.
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    33
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Egidijus Mockevičius last game 13 point (6/9 FG) 18 rebound 6 asist 1 blok. Good passing, rebound. Wander to play in Euroleague next sezon? He deserving nacional team camp invite. Period. Average 10 point 5 rebound 20 minutes.
    хуя блять!

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    33
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    NBA hurting our lithuanians, Raptors take Ibaka, Valančiūnas geting less minute then before, Cousins go to Pelicans ,less minute for Motiejūnas. Kuzminskas already not geting minutes, Thunder get Gibson, meaning less minute to Sabonis. Why black player favourite in nba and Europe player donnot get good rating? Black player in Europe getting respekt, but white in nba donnot?



    Not on topic, but also black rasizm exist but white rasizm donot? i donnot understand.
    хуя блять!

  8. #68

    Default

    Is it just me, I kinda feel violated when I go to NBA.com and they instantly throw me in to delfi/NBA

    So the season is over for Kuzminskas who finished it nicely and D-Mo who seems to be very cautious, but still showed some flashes of his best self. I have to admit I instantly become a fan of Raps when PO comes, I know I will see a heck of an intensity under the boards, JV will turn to the 5th gear, people would jump on Lawry and Derozan, it will be interesting to see how much they have grown as a players. And imagine if D-MO would had signed with Rockets, now we would watch D-Mo and Sabonis going at each other in NBA playoffs. Still great matchup OKC vs Rockets. Should be fun.

    The flick from the future...

  9. #69
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,056
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Is it just me, I kinda feel violated when I go to NBA.com and they instantly throw me in to delfi/NBA

    .
    In UK It transfers to some official ukportal for american sport games . Drives me mad because I can chose USA version in settings yet it never works .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    1,441
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    So far both lithuanian teams struggles overall.Matchup wise i believe both teams got bad ones in the first round.Both Rockets and Bucks plays fast and perimeter orientated basketball and that bad news for both Jonas and Domantas.Sabonis doesnt play and Valanciunas role is minimazed againts bucks mobile big guys, because he cant stay with them.

    I read article that saying that Jonas should get more touches inside, raptors argument was: Valanciunas deals double teams very badly and his passes becomes tournavers or close to that.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    1,441
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Watch game 1 vs cavs and its very hard to watch how Jonas plays defence.Total disaster, after 5 years in nba, so many nt competitions, but his basketball iq is very low on both ends of the floor.Even Sabonis being way younger understands basketball way better .He is our best player,but his brainless game sometimes impossible to watch. Ibaka,joseph, powell,tucker playing solid basketball, but watching how big 3 of raptors lowry, derozan and valanciunas plays my eyes hurts ...at best 1-4.

  12. #72
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,056
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Watch game 1 vs cavs and its very hard to watch how Jonas plays defence.Total disaster, after 5 years in nba, so many nt competitions, but his basketball iq is very low on both ends of the floor.Even Sabonis being way younger understands basketball way better .He is our best player,but his brainless game sometimes impossible to watch. Ibaka,joseph, powell,tucker playing solid basketball, but watching how big 3 of raptors lowry, derozan and valanciunas plays my eyes hurts ...at best 1-4.
    I do not think Jonas is a good place mentally . Everyone is just blaming him for everything . Literally , he can stand there ready to dunk and waving his hand like a madman only for Lowry or Derozan to completely ignore him . I hope he gets traded , whatever , because the way things are going , he will be starting from the bench next season , and he is not that bad .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    I do not think Jonas is a good place mentally . Everyone is just blaming him for everything . Literally , he can stand there ready to dunk and waving his hand like a madman only for Lowry or Derozan to completely ignore him . I hope he gets traded , whatever , because the way things are going , he will be starting from the bench next season , and he is not that bad .
    He is not that good either.

    Good scorer and very slow footed defender. Game changes every year and I hoped that after buling up he will get shredded. Instead he stayed overweight and is not capable to guard PnR. The game never slowed Down to him. Used to be big fan of him, but now Im certaint that he never tried to Reach his true potental. Wont be surprised when he gets traded for pennis on the dollar.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,595
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    When Jonas was youngster, he was so good, athletic, etc. so that it looked he had tons of potential. It was obvious. On the other hand, he needed to strengthen his body and to gain weight so that mature centers could not be able to push him like for example such average center like Rakovic from Siena (in EL game where Jonas played for Rytas). That was also obvious. But when he did it (he did it with NBA coaches who know how bb players should work individually - that also obvious), he lost some important things and became slow. So...What was wrong? Was it even wrong? Was it about him? Was it about his NBA club? Coach? Combined?

  15. #75
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    When Jonas was youngster, he was so good, athletic, etc. so that it looked he had tons of potential. It was obvious. On the other hand, he needed to strengthen his body and to gain weight so that mature centers could not be able to push him like for example such average center like Rakovic from Siena (in EL game where Jonas played for Rytas). That was also obvious. But when he did it (he did it with NBA coaches who know how bb players should work individually - that also obvious), he lost some important things and became slow. So...What was wrong? Was it even wrong? Was it about him? Was it about his NBA club? Coach? Combined?
    IMO him. He needed to have low bodyfat percantage, instead he got on this dirty bulk. Beer and McDonalds Food is the reason of this. On the other hand we can all agree that he is not used properly.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,595
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    IMO him. He needed to have low bodyfat percantage, instead he got on this dirty bulk. Beer and McDonalds Food is the reason of this. On the other hand we can all agree that he is not used properly.
    How do you know he had beer and fast food? Or it's a joke?

  17. #77
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    How do you know he had beer and fast food? Or it's a joke?
    He was caught driving drunk to McDonalds. Also you can look at him now and Javtokas at 25 years of age. Javtokas always took care of his body. Had low bodyfat percentage. Was ripped. JV is proffesional athlete, who trains every day and has games every other day and still has bellyfat. So here comes question how many callories he consumes? He cant consume so many eating healthy Food. My Guess alkohol and fast Food.

  18. #78
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,056
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Beer and McDonalds Food is the reason of this. On the other hand we can all agree that he is not used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    He was caught driving drunk to McDonalds. ... My Guess alkohol and fast Food.
    That's a not very good post . First you are stating it as fact, when in your second post you say you are guessing , so which is it ?
    The way I remember the incident was that he had some friends visiting him from our homeland , they went fishing/BBQ and he drove home .

    The driver is responsible for ensuring that there's no open alcohol in the vehicle while they are operating it, as per the Liquor Licence Act.
    I think that was the main reason he got fined . Maybe he had one too many beers , but i mean just that - one .
    And the guy is too loaded to be bothered with McDonald's .
    Since he has a baby and a wife , it is fair to assume that he has private chef and/or nutritionist . And perhaps his contract stipulates how much body fat/weight he can have during the season .
    I honestly assume it was not his decision to gain that much of the muscle . Everything is under control nowadays , there are records of how much weight he gained vs how much speed he lost during his 5 years in Toronto .
    To summarize -
    I think he is professional per se . That means no funny shit going on during the season . He eats , sleeps .trains, works out etc as well as anyone in this league .
    His basketball IQ is normal , but we need to stop this low IQ bullshit spreading throughout this part of the forum . He might be lacking some skills , that is ok to say , I do understand . But lets just drop that that low IQ part.
    Lastly , he is not being utilized properly . We all can see now that Derozan or Lowry are not good enough to win against Cavs on their own. Not enought talent and maybe they have low IQ's either ,who knows .They are not that good at all ,apparently .
    And they do not give a shit about team play as well . So just leave it at that .
    Oh ,and tomorrow JV is 25 . Happy birthday , big man .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    That's a not very good post . First you are stating it as fact, when in your second post you say you are guessing , so which is it ?
    The way I remember the incident was that he had some friends visiting him from our homeland , they went fishing/BBQ and he drove home .


    I think that was the main reason he got fined . Maybe he had one too many beers , but i mean just that - one .
    And the guy is too loaded to be bothered with McDonald's .
    Since he has a baby and a wife , it is fair to assume that he has private chef and/or nutritionist . And perhaps his contract stipulates how much body fat/weight he can have during the season .
    I honestly assume it was not his decision to gain that much of the muscle . Everything is under control nowadays , there are records of how much weight he gained vs how much speed he lost during his 5 years in Toronto .
    To summarize -
    I think he is professional per se . That means no funny shit going on during the season . He eats , sleeps .trains, works out etc as well as anyone in this league .
    His basketball IQ is normal , but we need to stop this low IQ bullshit spreading throughout this part of the forum . He might be lacking some skills , that is ok to say , I do understand . But lets just drop that that low IQ part.
    Lastly , he is not being utilized properly . We all can see now that Derozan or Lowry are not good enough to win against Cavs on their own. Not enought talent and maybe they have low IQ's either ,who knows .They are not that good at all ,apparently .
    And they do not give a shit about team play as well . So just leave it at that .
    Oh ,and tomorrow JV is 25 . Happy birthday , big man .
    I dont know where did you get that info from. THE WAY I remember is that mcdonals employe called cops, because they saw JV in a drive trough With open beer bottles. But when the cops arrived he was home already and he couldnt be charged for DUI because he was not drivring anymore.

    I refuse to believe that dude has personal chef, has contract that says X bodyfat percentage and still obviously is not lean. Btw last year he said he got personal chef and started to eat healthy. Which makes me think, what did he eat before? and maybe still does. Its tough to quit old habbits.

  20. #80

    Default

    Raptors. One of the worst organisations in NBA history. Still the worst passing team in NBA (for how many years now?). Ultimately primitive offensive BB based on 2 perimeter players who struggle each and every PO. Head coach is a small ball freak who never feed his bigs even when they get it going. They got a young C stud, bulked him, reduced his upside and killed his motivation with small ball and 2 chucking stars. It sounds harsh, but that's pretty much the story. All the NBA is talking for several years how Raptors never uses JV properly.

    The flick from the future...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •