Lithuanians in NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    Beer and McDonalds Food is the reason of this. On the other hand we can all agree that he is not used properly.
    Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    He was caught driving drunk to McDonalds. ... My Guess alkohol and fast Food.
    That's a not very good post . First you are stating it as fact, when in your second post you say you are guessing , so which is it ?
    The way I remember the incident was that he had some friends visiting him from our homeland , they went fishing/BBQ and he drove home .

The driver is responsible for ensuring that there's no open alcohol in the vehicle while they are operating it, as per the Liquor Licence Act.
    I think that was the main reason he got fined . Maybe he had one too many beers , but i mean just that - one .
    And the guy is too loaded to be bothered with McDonald's .
    Since he has a baby and a wife , it is fair to assume that he has private chef and/or nutritionist . And perhaps his contract stipulates how much body fat/weight he can have during the season .
    I honestly assume it was not his decision to gain that much of the muscle . Everything is under control nowadays , there are records of how much weight he gained vs how much speed he lost during his 5 years in Toronto .
    To summarize -
    I think he is professional per se . That means no funny shit going on during the season . He eats , sleeps .trains, works out etc as well as anyone in this league .
    His basketball IQ is normal , but we need to stop this low IQ bullshit spreading throughout this part of the forum . He might be lacking some skills , that is ok to say , I do understand . But lets just drop that that low IQ part.
    Lastly , he is not being utilized properly . We all can see now that Derozan or Lowry are not good enough to win against Cavs on their own. Not enought talent and maybe they have low IQ's either ,who knows .They are not that good at all ,apparently .
    And they do not give a shit about team play as well . So just leave it at that .
    Oh ,and tomorrow JV is 25 . Happy birthday , big man .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      That's a not very good post . First you are stating it as fact, when in your second post you say you are guessing , so which is it ?
      The way I remember the incident was that he had some friends visiting him from our homeland , they went fishing/BBQ and he drove home .

I think that was the main reason he got fined . Maybe he had one too many beers , but i mean just that - one .
      And the guy is too loaded to be bothered with McDonald's .
      Since he has a baby and a wife , it is fair to assume that he has private chef and/or nutritionist . And perhaps his contract stipulates how much body fat/weight he can have during the season .
      I honestly assume it was not his decision to gain that much of the muscle . Everything is under control nowadays , there are records of how much weight he gained vs how much speed he lost during his 5 years in Toronto .
      To summarize -
      I think he is professional per se . That means no funny shit going on during the season . He eats , sleeps .trains, works out etc as well as anyone in this league .
      His basketball IQ is normal , but we need to stop this low IQ bullshit spreading throughout this part of the forum . He might be lacking some skills , that is ok to say , I do understand . But lets just drop that that low IQ part.
      Lastly , he is not being utilized properly . We all can see now that Derozan or Lowry are not good enough to win against Cavs on their own. Not enought talent and maybe they have low IQ's either ,who knows .They are not that good at all ,apparently .
      And they do not give a shit about team play as well . So just leave it at that .
      Oh ,and tomorrow JV is 25 . Happy birthday , big man .
      I dont know where did you get that info from. THE WAY I remember is that mcdonals employe called cops, because they saw JV in a drive trough With open beer bottles. But when the cops arrived he was home already and he couldnt be charged for DUI because he was not drivring anymore.

I refuse to believe that dude has personal chef, has contract that says X bodyfat percentage and still obviously is not lean. Btw last year he said he got personal chef and started to eat healthy. Which makes me think, what did he eat before? and maybe still does. Its tough to quit old habbits.

Comment

Raptors. One of the worst organisations in NBA history. Still the worst passing team in NBA (for how many years now?). Ultimately primitive offensive BB based on 2 perimeter players who struggle each and every PO. Head coach is a small ball freak who never feed his bigs even when they get it going. They got a young C stud, bulked him, reduced his upside and killed his motivation with small ball and 2 chucking stars. It sounds harsh, but that's pretty much the story. All the NBA is talking for several years how Raptors never uses JV properly.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Raptors. One of the worst organisations in NBA history.
          Nonsence

Still the worst passing team in NBA (for how many years now?). Ultimately primitive offensive BB based on 2 perimeter players who struggle each and every PO. Head coach is a small ball freak who never feed his bigs even when they get it going. They got a young C stud, bulked him, reduced his upside and killed his motivation with small ball and 2 chucking stars. It sounds harsh, but that's pretty much the story. All the NBA is talking for several years how Raptors never uses JV properly.
          More or less true
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

I agree that playing with Lowry and DeRozan has hurt his growth. If Valanciunas played with Chris Paul he would average 20 points in his sleep. The problem is that the Paul type point guard is a dinosaur in today's NBA. The majority have the score first mentality like Lowry, Westbrook, Irving and others. Add the fact that low post bigs are also dinosaurs and one can understand Valanciunas' predicament. His type of player was more suited for the 1980's and 90's NBA.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              I agree that playing with Lowry and DeRozan has hurt his growth. If Valanciunas played with Chris Paul he would average 20 points in his sleep. The problem is that the Paul type point guard is a dinosaur in today's NBA. The majority have the score first mentality like Lowry, Westbrook, Irving and others. Add the fact that low post bigs are also dinosaurs and one can understand Valanciunas' predicament. His type of player was more suited for the 1980's and 90's NBA.
              agree here.Todays nba those true centers are not that needed as it was in 90s.Small ball dominates nba lately,its not casey ideas,its nba overall idea now.Speed,universal players beats lenght.Todays nba centers look from top 8 teams are foreigners: Valanciunas,Gasol,Nene,Thompson,Gortat,Horford,Pas hulia,Gobert all are not americans.How are they used? more or less similiar for defence,rebounds and dirty work.Who from them averages atleast 15 points? im not sure maybe only Horford,all others are from 8 to 12 points.Who from them averages atleast 30minutes a game? only maybe couple.

Offence do not goes through centers as it was in 90s,its goes through guards.Valanciunas situation is very similiar to others centers in best teams.Where centers is best players,those teams or dont reach the playoofs or fall in the first round.

Its not that Casey have problems with Valanciunas ,its entires nba playing style do not suits well with 7 footers these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                agree here.Todays nba those true centers are not that needed as it was in 90s.Small ball dominates nba lately,its not casey ideas,its nba overall idea now.Speed,universal players beats lenght.Todays nba centers look from top 8 teams are foreigners: Valanciunas,Gasol,Nene,Thompson,Gortat,Horford,Pas hulia,Gobert all are not americans.How are they used? more or less similiar for defence,rebounds and dirty work.Who from them averages atleast 15 points? im not sure maybe only Horford,all others are from 8 to 12 points.Who from them averages atleast 30minutes a game? only maybe couple.

Offence do not goes through centers as it was in 90s,its goes through guards.Valanciunas situation is very similiar to others centers in best teams.Where centers is best players,those teams or dont reach the playoofs or fall in the first round.

Its not that Casey have problems with Valanciunas ,its entires nba playing style do not suits well with 7 footers these days.
                Great points. Say what you want about Dwight Howard but at his best from 2008-2012 he was the last true center to be the focal point of a successful team. Before that you have to go all the way back to Shaq and then all the great centers of the '90's.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  Nonsence
                  nonsense how? Yeah, last year they reached CF, but at the same time they passed 1 round for the very first time as well. Raptors are nightmare PO team and their history is trash overall. They are on rise, but still historically one of the worst franchises of all time. And I doubt they will figured it out, not with Casey...he's primitive, limited coach. The fact that Raptors are worst passing team in the NBA says a lot.

Read this - http://uproxx.com/dimemag/10-worst-f...nba-history/4/

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I will repeat myself by saying that it is only a question of time when type of O'Neal dominant center will appear in NBA .
                    There are still plenty of big guys in in the league , such as DeAndre , Monroe or Drummond who are far superior strength wise to European centers , but they just are not able to shoot and score , bar few yards from the basket .
                    When you think about it , most centers lack either speed or strength or skills .
                    So basically they just negate each other , hence being not very effective after all in each game.
                    Whatever it is , Jonas is still handsomely paid, as most good centers are - apparently he is currently 62 in NBA .
                    So even with diminishing dominance as per modern game , centers are still in demand , no matter the trend .

Comment

nonsense how? Yeah, last year they reached CF, but at the same time they passed 1 round for the very first time as well. Raptors are nightmare PO team and their history is trash overall. They are on rise, but still historically one of the worst franchises of all time. And I doubt they will figured it out, not with Casey...he's primitive, limited coach. The fact that Raptors are worst passing team in the NBA says a lot.

Read this - http://uproxx.com/dimemag/10-worst-f...nba-history/4/
                      Article from 2013 that says nothing about current team but explains why superstars don't come to Canada

And I don't disagree that team is far from perfect, but as organisation they're far from one of the most
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                        Article from 2013 that says nothing about current team but explains why superstars don't come to Canada

And I don't disagree that team is far from perfect, but as organisation they're far from one of the most
                        also this -

Wins: 502
                        Losses: 696
                        All Time Winning %: 41.9

Lately, like 3 years, their winning % improved, but Raptors surely would make top 10 worst NBA franchises of all time. They got out of the top 5 tough, congrats to that. Here's those 5 worst - http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba...tml/?a=viewall

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

also this -

Wins: 502
                          Losses: 696
                          All Time Winning %: 41.9

Lately, like 3 years, their winning % improved, but Raptors surely would make top 10 worst NBA franchises of all time. They got out of the top 5 tough, congrats to that. Here's those 5 worst - http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba...tml/?a=viewall
                          Not sure how it is relevant though to talk about about the franchise overall and recent results . Thats like comparing apples and oranges .
                          I have watched enough games this season to say that I heard constantly from commentary saying that they overachieved last season. That is true . But that does not diminish improvements they have made as an organisation in recent years .
                          Probably it is fair to say that Raptors are top 8 team nowadays in the league . Nothing more , but nothing less either .
                          Lets put in in the perspective- top 8 in NBA is almost the same as playing in final 4 in Euroleague . Almost ,with a stretch .
                          And the fact is , Raptors are no match to Cavs . Had they have Boston instead , when who knows .

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                            Not sure how it is relevant though to talk about about the franchise overall and recent results . Thats like comparing apples and oranges .
                            It is relevant. They have some success recently, but as an organization is young, raw, inexperienced. They also choked in the PO against Nets. Almost choked against the Pacers last year. And started badly these PO as well. Regular season results don't impress me that much, they imply Raps should stay very close to Cavs if not to be equal with them, but we see Casey's Raps doesn't even stand a chance. Also it's relevant because they don't know how to develop young centers and young players overall. Raptors is one of the biggest fake contenders in the NBA right now, because they are underpeforming in the playoffs when all the teams get serious. Yeah, they had a good run last season, but that's about it. Now they had unconvincing performance against young Bucks and are being destroyed badly by Cavs. I don't think they are top 8 or even top 10 realistically. Being in the east really helps. They would get destroyed in the first round in the west. Again Raptors is a bad PO team because their primitive offence doesn't work in PO, you have to move the ball, to read the defences, to be flexible, but Toronto is ISO chucking all year long, how would they suddenly do that? Also you would barely find 2 stars that struggles so badly in PO as Lowry and Derozan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6xkVtbC1I This sums up my opinion nicely - "every shot is tough, going one on one". That's Casey's offence. The guy thinks all you should do is to turn small and that's it, you're good to go.
                            Last edited by Straight forward; 05-06-2017, 07:18 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It is relevant. They have some success recently, but as an organization is young, raw, inexperienced. They also choked in the PO against Nets. Almost choked against the Pacers last year. And started badly these PO as well. Regular season results don't impress me that much, they imply Raps should stay very close to Cavs if not to be equal with them, but we see Casey's Raps doesn't even stand a chance. Also it's relevant because they don't know how to develop young centers and young players overall. Raptors is one of the biggest fake contenders in the NBA right now, because they are underpeforming in the playoffs when all the teams get serious. Yeah, they had a good run last season, but that's about it. Now they had unconvincing performance against young Bucks and are being destroyed badly by Cavs. I don't think they are top 8 or even top 10 realistically. Being in the east really helps. They would get destroyed in the first round in the west. Again Raptors is a bad PO team because their primitive offence doesn't work in PO, you have to move the ball, to read the defences, to be flexible, but Toronto is ISO chucking all year long, how would they suddenly do that? Also you would barely find 2 stars that struggles so badly in PO as Lowry and Derozan.
                              Jesus, man, just take it easy.
                              I know they are shit , but so are most of the teams in NBA. I tis all about superstars and selling selling selling and making money money money .
                              I personally can only watch like 20 minutes of play time before i get bored and go to sleep .
                              Nothing to me compares to euroleague or EC/WC.
                              All i think is that JV will have more time to rest and be fresh and ready for NT camp.

Comment

I had to come back and quote my NBA Liths season predictions: 1 JV, 2 D-MP, 3 Domas 4 Kuz 5 Mockevicius.

1. 14,5ppg, 10rppg. Borderline all star.
                                2. Probably he'll play for Rockets. 50-60 games. I think he'll have some problems with his back during the season, but will provide some nice games.
                                3. PF mainly, 16-20 minutes, 6pts, 5 rebounds, 10 games as a starter, won't spend any time at D-league. He's more NBA ready than JV was first season, but they have Kanter and Iliasova at 4 while Jonas had secure starting lineup position from the start.
                                4. 20-50 games. 12minutes per game. In other words, he'll be more of a depth player first season. Somehow that's what I feel.
                                5. Nope. Even if he does, I see him as a training meat, symbolic depth player.
                                1. His role hasn't changed offensively (12), even decreased a little bit. I basically got it right the rebounding (9,5). I wasn't very accurate overall. -B for the season for JV from me.
                                2. I was too generous saying he will play that much. Only 34 games played and he didn't sign with Rockets which was huge mistake. -C
                                3 . Very accurate on this. 6pts, 3,6rebs in 20 minutes. Obviously he could play even better if he hasn't been used as a stretch 4. Overall I'm fine with Domas rookie season. +B.
                                4. I only got his minutes right more or less (15). He exceeded my expectations overall. Played 68 games. Barely could do more, exploited every chance. Played so dynamic O, that the coach was forced to play him despite his rather weak D. -A. This NBA season belongs to Kuzminskas.
                                5. Well...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information