Team Needs - Offseason Signings Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Needs - Offseason Signings Analysis

What players are likely to be let go this off-season in Euroleague teams? What positions will require new signings in each team? Who are the ideal or likely players to be signed to fill these positional gaps? How much money will each team likely devote to offseason signings this summer?

Efes Pilsen (Anadolu Efes):

A new rebuilding year for the team under the coach Dusan Ivkovic. All foreign players but Jamon Gordon will leave the team. From Turkish players Semih Erden already left, Dogus Balbay and Birkan Batuk signed contract extensions. The future of Kerem Gonlum is unclear, he will continue with Efes or move Galatasaray Liv Hospital. All other Turkish players (Cedi Osman, Okben Ulubay, Deniz Kilicli and Emircan Kosut) will continue with the team. We are expecting 97 born Furkan Korkmaz to be on the roster, but personally I do not expect him having minutes both in Turkish League or Euroleague.

If we check position by position:

PG:
    Zoran Planinic will leave. Jamon Gordon will most probably will stay with the team but I don't see him playing more than 15 mins. Dogus Balbay resigned a contract. He is very critical player for our defense and athleticism. If you consider rumors we are about to sign Milos Teodosic. He is very good player but inconsistent. Rather than giving him couple of million euros, I would prefer signing Vasilje Micic (94,195) who is a hot prospect. He has the same or more potential than Teodosic and passion to win. I hope we will sign him.
    [Expected players 2014-2015] Vasilje Micic - Dogus Balbay - Jamon Gordon

SG:
    We already parted ways with Scotty Hopson. Cedi Osman, who developed great in the second half of the season, stays. Last couple of days there are rumors about Keith Langford. As he is going to have Turkish passport and play for our national team, he will be eligible to play as Turkish player. This will be a great bonus for us then we can sign another foreign player during the season to a position we need. If we won't be able to sign Langford, my suggestions would be Manny Harris (89,196) played with Turk Telekom and put decent numbers. Also Andrew Goudelock from Unics Kazan is a very good player.
    [Expected players 2014-2015] Keith Langford - Cedi Osman - Furkan Korkmaz

SF:
    We will part ways with Kostas Vasileaidis and DJ Stephens. Birkan Batuk and Okben Ulubay stay in the team. Based on the rumors Stretos Perperoglou (84,203) expected to join. I won't be disappointed if we sign him but I would prefer tougher players like Luigi Datome or Sergey Karasev, who both can't find playing minutes in NBA. It will be better for them to return Europe. I don't hear any other rumors about this position therefore I expect Perperoglou is going to be our player. I am expecting Okben Ulubay getting more minutes than Birkan Batuk this year.
    [Expected players 2014-2015] Stretos Perperoglou - Birkan Batuk - Okben Ulubay

PF:
    Savanovic, Milko Bjelica will leave. Kerem Gonlum is doubtful. We will need a PF, A Turkish PF (in case KG leaves) and a player who can play PF & C. First of all my dream is in this position and rumors are correct. I hope we can sign Dario Saric. I know he is in NBA draft and has potential to be drafted in top 10 (atm NBADraft.net shows him no 13 & draftexpress.com shows no. 9). I hope he can stick to his previous decision to play in Europe two more years (in Euroleague) and we can sign him. If we can't sign him, without a doubt next target should be Justin Doellmann (Eurocup and ACB MVP). Turkish player will be Ilkan Karaman most probably if we don't extend contract with Kerem Gonlum. Player who can play 4-5 should be athletic American. My favorite player is Richard Hendrix from Lokomotiv Kuban, but will never say no to Bryant Dunston, Alex Tyus or Stephane Lasme. Thinking that this player will have more minutes at Center even Joey Dorsey will be an option. We desperately need athleticism in the team. Also there are rumors about 95 born Alexander Vezenkov from Aris. I don't know him and I am not sure if we really want to sign him. Maybe we can sign him and send on loan to a club where he can continue his development. He can be ready till Saric leaves
    [Expected players 2014-2015] Dario Saric - Ilkan Karaman - Richard Hendrix

C:
    Semih Erden, Stanko Barac are all gone. They were our cancer. We have also Esteban Batista contracted but I think he will continue with Pinar Karsiyaka where he had a successful season. Only players left are Deniz Kilicli and Emircan Kosut. Strong rumors are going on with Nenad Kristic, but same as Teodosic I don't want him. Because he is getting older, slower and he is soft throughout his career. If we need to sign someone from CSKA I would prefer Sasha Kaun in front of him. We need someone strong in rebounds and defense also mid range shoot. My candidates are Joffrey Louvergne from Partizan or Alexis Ajinca of New Orleans Pelicans.
    [Expected players 2014-2015] Joffrey Louvergne - Deniz Kilicli - Emircan Kosut

I hope we can have a roster like this. then we will be strong candidate to reach Top 8 and if we can be a team we will have a chance to make Final Four. I trust in Dusan Ivkovic for this...
    Last edited by Efesdxb; 05-29-2014, 11:26 AM.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Cibona- Dario Saric and 5-10M euros
      Cedevita- 4000-5000 fans

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
        Cibona- Dario Saric and 5-10M euros
        Cedevita- 4000-5000 fans

Give us Saric we give you 2M Euros
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
          Efes Pilsen (Anadolu Efes):

A new rebuilding year for the team under the coach Dusan Ivkovic. All foreign players but Jamon Gordon will leave the team. From Turkish players Semih Erden already left, Dogus Balbay and Birkan Batuk signed contract extensions. The future of Kerem Gonlum is unclear, he will continue with Efes or move Galatasaray Liv Hospital. All other Turkish players (Cedi Osman, Okben Ulubay, Deniz Kilicli and Emircan Kosut) will continue with the team. We are expecting 97 born Furkan Korkmaz to be on the roster, but personally I do not expect him having minutes both in Turkish League or Euroleague.

If we check position by position:

PG:
          Zoran Planinic will leave. Jamon Gordon will most probably will stay with the team but I don't see him playing more than 15 mins. Dogus Balbay resigned a contract. He is very critical player for our defense and athleticism. If you consider rumors we are about to sign Milos Teodosic. He is very good player but inconsistent. Rather than giving him couple of million euros, I would prefer signing Vasilje Micic (94,195) who is a hot prospect. He has the same or more potential than Teodosic and passion to win. I hope we will sign him.
          [Expected players 2014-2015] Vasilje Micic - Dogus Balbay - Jamon Gordon

SG:
          We already parted ways with Scotty Hopson. Cedi Osman, who developed great in the second half of the season, stays. Last couple of days there are rumors about Keith Langford. As he is going to have Turkish passport and play for our national team, he will be eligible to play as Turkish player. This will be a great bonus for us then we can sign another foreign player during the season to a position we need. If we won't be able to sign Langford, my suggestions would be Manny Harris (89,196) played with Turk Telekom and put decent numbers. Also Andrew Goudelock from Unics Kazan is a very good player.
          [Expected players 2014-2015] Keith Langford - Cedi Osman - Furkan Korkmaz

SF:
          We will part ways with Kostas Vasileaidis and DJ Stephens. Birkan Batuk and Okben Ulubay stay in the team. Based on the rumors Stretos Perperoglou (84,203) expected to join. I won't be disappointed if we sign him but I would prefer tougher players like Luigi Datome or Sergey Karasev, who both can't find playing minutes in NBA. It will be better for them to return Europe. I don't hear any other rumors about this position therefore I expect Perperoglou is going to be our player. I am expecting Okben Ulubay getting more minutes than Birkan Batuk this year.
          [Expected players 2014-2015] Stretos Perperoglou - Birkan Batuk - Okben Ulubay

PF:
          Savanovic, Milko Bjelica will leave. Kerem Gonlum is doubtful. We will need a PF, A Turkish PF (in case KG leaves) and a player who can play PF & C. First of all my dream is in this position and rumors are correct. I hope we can sign Dario Saric. I know he is in NBA draft and has potential to be drafted in top 10 (atm NBADraft.net shows him no 13 & draftexpress.com shows no. 9). I hope he can stick to his previous decision to play in Europe two more years (in Euroleague) and we can sign him. If we can't sign him, without a doubt next target should be Justin Doellmann (Eurocup and ACB MVP). Turkish player will be Ilkan Karaman most probably if we don't extend contract with Kerem Gonlum. Player who can play 4-5 should be athletic American. My favorite player is Richard Hendrix from Lokomotiv Kuban, but will never say no to Bryant Dunston, Alex Tyus or Stephane Lasme. Thinking that this player will have more minutes at Center even Joey Dorsey will be an option. We desperately need athleticism in the team. Also there are rumors about 95 born Alexander Vezenkov from Aris. I don't know him and I am not sure if we really want to sign him. Maybe we can sign him and send on loan to a club where he can continue his development. He can be ready till Saric leaves
          [Expected players 2014-2015] Dario Saric - Ilkan Karaman - Richard Hendrix

C:
          Semih Erden, Stanko Barac are all gone. They were our cancer. We have also Esteban Batista contracted but I think he will continue with Pinar Karsiyaka where he had a successful season. Only players left are Deniz Kilicli and Emircan Kosut. Strong rumors are going on with Nenad Kristic, but same as Teodosic I don't want him. Because he is getting older, slower and he is soft throughout his career. If we need to sign someone from CSKA I would prefer Sasha Kaun in front of him. We need someone strong in rebounds and defense also mid range shoot. My candidates are Joffrey Louvergne from Partizan or Alexis Ajinca of New Orleans Pelicans.
          [Expected players 2014-2015] Joffrey Louvergne - Deniz Kilicli - Emircan Kosut

I hope we can have a roster like this. then we will be strong candidate to reach Top 8 and if we can be a team we will have a chance to make Final Four. I trust in Dusan Ivkovic for this...
          SAVANOVIC to Maccabi!!

Comment

Originally posted by israel6 View Post
            SAVANOVIC to Maccabi!!
            no, thank you.

At 30 y.o his best days are beyond him.

i think he is over-rated anyway

Comment

Savanovic can play only in German teams.
              IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
              Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
              Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
              Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
              Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
                no, thank you.

At 30 y.o his best days are beyond him.

i think he is over-rated anyway
                i'd like him ,anyway mta would need much more than title says. at least one pg, pf with shoot abilities because a pf today must be a shooter too, sf, c,g. we d need to replace at least ohayon pnini ingles blu(unfortunatly)and maybe james. thjere are many players would fit mta without spending much money atought we are in need to spend mor than last years to make this revolution and we need a revolution. if title changed reality it would be a big error

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                  i'd like him ,anyway mta would need much more than title says. at least one pg, pf with shoot abilities because a pf today must be a shooter too, sf, c,g. we d need to replace at least ohayon pnini ingles blu(unfortunatly)and maybe james. thjere are many players would fit mta without spending much money atought we are in need to spend mor than last years to make this revolution and we need a revolution. if title changed reality it would be a big error
                  You forgot! Maccabi needs to replace the coach, since Blatt is not good enough for you.
                  burnstein

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                    we d need to replace at least ohayon pnini ingles blu(unfortunatly)and maybe james.
                    How many times do you need a reminder that MACCABI NEEDS ISRAELI PLAYERS BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIAN RULE???

You repeat yourself like a mantra

Comment

Perperoglou is the only major player of Oly whose contract is ending this summer. Judging from his abilities, the season he had and the fact that this is going to be his last good contract, Russia or Turkey seem reasonable destinations and we can't outbid the teams. Lojeski and Papapetrou would probably be a gamble though.
                      Others whose contracts are ending are Collins and Shermadini. Collins is playing well lately in a very specific imma-punch-anyone-who-tries-to-score-on-me role so I could see him staying. Sherma not so much because once again it is proven that we don't know how to use that type of center (I imagine this will again be a problem in the NT too).

A pg is needed. My first option would be Bayern's Delaney. Another option is Paok's DJ Cooper who makes up for his small frame with his unbelievable vision. He broke the most assists in a season record held by Galis for 20something years. Law will probably be released. His poor shape in the beginning of the season along with his decision to treat his knee in the States and miss 8-9 months of training probably sealed the deal.

Begic has been training by himself and will certainly leave. Simons might stay. Without Begic and Sherma there are some spare money and there is a lot of talk of a Hines return.
                      Lastly, we might add a pf.

Nothing is final until the league ends though.

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
                        How many times do you need a reminder that MACCABI NEEDS ISRAELI PLAYERS BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIAN RULE???

You repeat yourself like a mantra
                        He's a troll. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same thing. At best, you'll hear that he refuses to believe that there are no better Israeli players, even though he doesn't follow Israeli basketball. For him, anyone else is better. Naimi is wonderful, Limonad is superior, while Landesberg is a huge talent that doesn't get any PT under Blatt. While the first two aren't the youngest anymore and have tried themselves on European level (even EL), Landesberg is offensively talented, yet not without mistakes on that end of the floor. Scoring in a weak Haifa team in the Israeli league and scoring for the EL-champs in Europe are two different things. But he hasn't got better defensively, so he doesn't get much PT under Blatt. Either your offense is dominant or you start with D. That's what has given Blatt success with all of his offensively not superior teams, that's what has given Maccabi the title this year. Do not play favourable matchups for you opponent. Offense is a matter of talent. Defense is a matter of will. You have to want it more and to play smart D, especially with constantly changing defenses under Blatt.
                        But our troll doesn't want to get it. It's not about, whether there are better players than Ohayn and Pnini out there (there are) but whether you can get better Israelis (you can't, if you want to deliver now).
                        burnstein

Comment

Laboral Kutxa

Based on a Greek report, Laboral's offseason is looking something like this:

Budget: The team is facing serious financial problems with ownership offering employees stock options instead of cash salaries for two months so that the team can raise $600K.

Coach: Scariolo is out; offseason moves orchestrated by Querejeta without the input of the yet to be hired new coach

Guards: Causeur, Jelinek have contracts until 2016; Hodge and FSE until 2015; Heurtel's team option for next year has not been activated by the team (Efes is rumored to be interested)
                          Forwards: Nocioni will leave as the team offered him a contract renewal at a reduced salary level with stock options that he of course did not agree to. Hanga has a contract until 2017 but the report indicates that he will likely become a free agent. The team is close to signing the French power forward Kim Tillie from Murcia and has already signed to a 3-year deal the Georgian power forward Tornike Shengelia who was waived by the Chicago Bulls this past April.
                          Centers: Pleiss will be the big moneymaker for Laboral; his sale to either CSKA or the Oklahoma City Thunder will help the team's finances. Hamilton is under contract until 2015.
                          Last edited by christodoulou76; 06-02-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I think Laboral were also linked with Trent Meacham (Nanterre) recently.

Comment

Olympiacos (according to this report in the Greek sports press)

Coach: Bartzokas will likely stay. He is under contract for next season.

Guards: Collins will leave. Everyone else will likely stay since they are under contract, with the possible exception of Spanoulis. 2015 will be the more active summer for the team as the contracts of 7 players will terminate then (some with team option) including the guards Mantzaris, Katsivelis and Sloukas. These three players are all very likely to play with the team next season. Acie Law will stay with the team only if he returns fully healthy from his injury.

Forwards: Perperoglou has signed with Efes. Printezis, Lojeski and Petway will likely stay; they are under contract until 2015. The promising youngsters - Papapetrou, Agravanis and Christodoulou have multiyear contracts and so will very likely stay with the team.

Centers: Simmons and Begic had disappointing seasons and and so they will be let go by the team. Dunston will likely stay; he is under contract until 2015. There are some hopes that Hines will return. Kavvadas despite his limited playing time will stay.

So there will be few departures: Collins, Perperoglou, Begic, Simmons; maybe Law and Spanoulis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information