Best/Worst Player Signings in 2013-2014 Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Worst Player Signings in 2013-2014 Euroleague

Which players do you think were the best and worst signings by a Euroleague team this year? This can be judged based on cost of acquisition and impact on the court. Worst signings do not mean that the player is bad necessarily but that he didn't play as well as expected for whatever reason.

Best:
    Dunston
    Delaney
    Dentmon
    Rice
    Lojeski
    Mensah-Bonsu
    Dragicevic
    Caner-Medley
    N. Bjelica
    Erceg
    Lawal
    Hamilton
    Sabonis

Worst:
    Ping
    Pargo
    Nachbar
    Begic
    Kleiza
    Hines
    Papanikolaou
    Ingles
    Hackett

Worst :
    Lamar Odom lol

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
      Which players do you think were the best and worst signings by a Euroleague team this year? This can be judged based on cost of acquisition and impact on the court. Worst signings do not mean that the player is bad necessarily but that he didn't play as well as expected for whatever reason.

Best:
      Dunston
      Delaney
      Dentmon
      Rice
      Lojeski
      Mensah-Bonsu
      Dragicevic
      Caner-Medley
      N. Bjelica
      Erceg
      Lawal
      Hamilton
      Sabonis

Worst:
      Ping
      Pargo
      Nachbar
      Begic
      Kleiza
      Hines
      Papanikolaou
      Ingles
      Hackett
      Worst Hackett,what do you mean,he advanced Milano's game 2 level after he got signed!

Comment

Hackett worst? Did you really watch the games?

And Nachbar did much more things than 3 million Euro Lorbek

What did Hamilton do to be among bests besides being injured?
        Last edited by INTEGRAL; 05-18-2014, 08:43 PM.
        IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
        Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
        Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
        Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
        Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Yeah, Hacket doesn't deserve to be on that list and neither do Hines and Papanikolaou.

There is a huge gap between what they did and what Pargo or Begic (or Odom or Ping) didn't do.

Comment

Zoran Planinic
            Pargo
            Hairston
            Kleiza,
            Zoric, Begic

And most of Laboral transfers
            IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
            Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
            Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
            Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
            Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Nachbar got ruined by 2-3 arguable/fast fouls in the semi's. He can still play (his game of course, he never was a player that would be stopping Reyes or simmilar inside PF's) Lorbek on the other hand is far from the levels before the injury and would get far if not all the way for the biggest dissapointment of the euroleague award, Navarro close second. Papanikolau wasn't really that bad either, just that the role he had wasn't really best suited to him imo. If I were to assemble a team of my own, Papa would be cemented in it.

While we're at Barca anyway and since if i start going on about other teams it would take too long I'll try to keep it at them only, Tomić was a really positive surprise for me. He played good in Madrid, but was great in Barca...
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
                Hackett worst? Did you really watch the games?

And Nachbar did much more things than 3 million Euro Lorbek

What did Hamilton do to be among bests besides being injured?
                Hackett had a lot of subpar games in the Top-16 (6 games with a PIR of of 5 or less) but you're probably right that he doesn't deserve to be on the worst list. I only considered players who were signed by a different team in the off-season so I didn't take Lorbek into consideration. And I didn't consider injuries hence the inclusion of Hamilton who played well until he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  Nachbar got ruined by 2-3 arguable/fast fouls in the semi's. He can still play (his game of course, he never was a player that would be stopping Reyes or simmilar inside PF's) Lorbek on the other hand is far from the levels before the injury and would get far if not all the way for the biggest dissapointment of the euroleague award, Navarro close second. Papanikolau wasn't really that bad either, just that the role he had wasn't really best suited to him imo. If I were to assemble a team of my own, Papa would be cemented in it.

While we're at Barca anyway and since if i start going on about other teams it would take too long I'll try to keep it at them only, Tomić was a really positive surprise for me. He played good in Madrid, but was great in Barca...
                  In Spanish forums i say pascual is a mediocre coach for a suposed BIG EL TEAM do you think the same? Since 2010 we have tier 1 team and we play shit with 70% of the roster playing lower than his pottential
                  BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                    Yeah, Hacket doesn't deserve to be on that list and neither do Hines and Papanikolaou.

There is a huge gap between what they did and what Pargo or Begic (or Odom or Ping) didn't do.
                    I included Hines and Papanikolaou because of the size of their contracts and the great expectations that accompanied their signings. They have not played up to these, I think, even if they are both great players.

Comment

Top 3:

1) Rice - he was not the best during the season, but he stepped up big time when it mattered most: Game 1 against Milano and F4;
                      2) Dunston - made sure that Hines was not missed. Best Olympiacos player in the playoffs vs. Madrid. Actually, every Oly signing was good. Lojeski, Petway, even Simmons fit perfectly to their roles;
                      3) Delaney - one of the best scorers in the league, good debut season with Bayern. I wouldn't be surprised if he got signed by a bigger club.
                      Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                        In Spanish forums i say pascual is a mediocre coach for a suposed BIG EL TEAM do you think the same? Since 2010 we have tier 1 team and we play shit with 70% of the roster playing lower than his pottential
                        It's very ungrateful to judge on coaches after seeing only handfull of games. Ussualy I am not 100% convienced even about what to think about the coach of my own team He probably believed Lorbek would be playing the same or simmilar as two years ago, assembled the team accordingly and failed utterly. Of course the team seemed poorly selected than, but It's hard to say if it was all Pascual's fault than.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                          It's very ungrateful to judge on coaches after seeing only handfull of games. Ussualy I am not 100% convienced even about what to think about the coach of my own team He probably believed Lorbek would be playing the same or simmilar as two years ago, assembled the team accordingly and failed utterly. Of course the team seemed poorly selected than, but It's hard to say if it was all Pascual's fault than.
                          As for the worst I have no doubt: Planinic.

As for the best it's a little more tricky... of course if we look at goals acheived, Rice/Tyus are the first one that comes to my mind (and if I have to pick one, I'd go with Tyus.. due to James injury he was pivotal for his team); beyond that I think Dunston/NBjelica were the best signings since they will likely become franchise players.

As for Hackett, well I think nobody in EA7 expected he could have same numbers as in MPS. He was able to boost Curtis Jerrels game. His versatility will be very important in next market, if EA7 will have to fill KL spot. Good signing IMO.
                          EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Considering their wages:
                            Best: Dunston / Rice
                            Worst: Kleiza / Pargo

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information