Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 FIBA 3x3 World Championships

USA trials were last weekend:

Men's Team: Thomas Darrow, Arne Duncan, Craig Moore, Jitim Young.

Duncan is the US Secretary of Education, he played at Princeton and has won the national Hoop It Up competition before. Young and Moore were good players at Northwestern and played professionally in Europe. Don't know who Darrow is.

Women's Team: Cierra Burdick, Sara Hammond, Jewel Loyd, Tiffany Mitchell.

Four strong college players.

Qualification for the FIBA 3x3 tournaments is based on the awful FIBA 3x3 rankings. Who is actually playing in the WC? Based on the rankings the US might not qualify a U18 team for the Youth Olympics.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Hey there guys,

You can find the list of participating teams here: http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/3x3/p/n...1718/arti.html

The official website should be launched shortly and the pools announced as soon as today.

To learn more about the 3x3 Federation Ranking, you can read this: http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/3x3/p/o.../rankings.html

The US women's team looks exciting. For sure it won't be easy to go after a team that featured Skylar Diggins and Chiney Ogwumike: http://greece2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...A/profile.html

About Darrow he's a young big who recently graduated from Princeton: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=204809338

I'm a long-time reader of the forum, used to manage REVERSE Magazine, Basketsession.com and BallinEurope.com and found a new home at FIBA last year to manage 3x3 basketball's communication so I may have a few answers if you have questions about the 2014 FIBA 3x3 World Championships.

I'll try to come by here every now and then. You can also find me on Twitter at @3x3planet.

Hope this helps!
    And more of my bullshit on my blog on FIBA.com

Comment

Glad to have you here Bricko

I'm a bit dissapointed since guys from my home court I've been playing against day after day a decade ago aren't as dominant as they've used to be and will miss the WC but Črešnar, Hercegovac, Kunc and Smaka, that's some good height and muscles out there. Hell, Kunc was even a member of Slovenian NT on two eurobaskets in 95 and 97 and played in 2000 in Fiba's euroleague
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Bricko View Post
        Hey there guys,

You can find the list of participating teams here: http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/3x3/p/n...1718/arti.html

About Darrow he's a young big who recently graduated from Princeton: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=204809338
        Thanks Bricko!
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Preliminary pools:

Men's tournament
          Pool A: Poland; Germany; USA; Czech Republic; Netherlands; Tunisia
          Pool B: Romania; Lithuania; Russia; Venezuela; Argentina; Qatar
          Pool C: Brazil; Turkey; Estonia; Uruguay; New Zealand; Puerto Rico
          Pool D: Slovenia; Serbia; Japan; Croatia; Indonesia; China

Women's tournament
          Pool A: Romania; Switzerland; Uruguay; Belgium; Italy; Syria
          Pool B: Andorra; France; China; Uganda; Indonesia; Russia
          Pool C: Czech Republic; Germany; Netherlands; Estonia; Thailand; Tunisia
          Pool D: Spain; Brazil; USA; Hungary; Ukraine; Argentina

Last edited by carlo; 05-26-2014, 07:13 PM. Reason: Update Women's pools

Comment

Argentina rosters:

Men's
            Gabriel Deck, 1.94m 1995
            Daniel Hure, 2.00 1985
            Tomas Zanzottera, 1.92 1993
            Nicolas Zurschmitten, 1.83 1995

Women's
            Sofia Aispurua, 1.89 1995
            Julieta Armesto, 1.77 1994
            Melisa Gretter, 1.60 1993
            Natacha Perez, 1.79 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Bricko View Post
              Hey there guys,

The official website should be launched shortly and the pools announced as soon as today.

To learn more about the 3x3 Federation Ranking, you can read this: http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/3x3/p/o.../rankings.html

The US women's team looks exciting. For sure it won't be easy to go after a team that featured Skylar Diggins and Chiney Ogwumike: http://greece2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...A/profile.html

I'm a long-time reader of the forum, used to manage REVERSE Magazine, Basketsession.com and BallinEurope.com and found a new home at FIBA last year to manage 3x3 basketball's communication so I may have a few answers if you have questions about the 2014 FIBA 3x3 World Championships.

I'll try to come by here every now and then. You can also find me on Twitter at @3x3planet.

Hope this helps!
              I have a question: how can we watch these games live (and in replay)? Will the online FIBA TV station livebasketball.net air all the games?

Comment

Brazil rosters:

Men's
                Gustavo Bracco, 37 y - 2.05m
                Douglas Motta, 36 y - 1.90m
                Davi Rossetto, 21 y - 1.79m
                Marcos Vinicius Inácio 29 y - 2.05m

Women's
                Simone Souza, 31 y - 1.82m
                Cristal Rocha, 32 y - 1.60m
                Marley Wyne, 25 y - 1.80m
                Flavia Luiza Santos, 31 y - 1.86m

Comment

Spain Women's roster:

Vanessa Blé
                  Yurena Diaz
                  Amaya Gastaminza
                  Anna Gomez

Spain is placed in very competitive (and unbalanced vs others) Pool D, with Argentina, Brazil, Hungary, Ukraine and USA.

Vanessa Bl?, Yurena D?az, Amaya Gastaminza y Anna G?mez ser?n las jugadoras que representen a Espa?a en el Mundial de 3X3 que se celebrar? en Mosc?. Dirigidas por Anna Junyer, el Equipo Nacional buscar? llegar lejos tras superar una primera ronda en un grupo donde queda encuadrada con Estados Unidos, Brasil, Hungr?a, Argentina y Ucrania.
                  Last edited by carlo; 05-26-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Italy Women's roster:

Valentina Baldelli (1989, 165 cm)
                    Sara Canova (1989, 176)
                    Elisa Ercoli (1995, 191)
                    Marcella Filippi (1985, 186)

Not so impressive roster on paper, but Italy is placed in a relatively easy group.

Comment

Unsurprisingly Arne Duncan will not play for the US team. He has been replaced by Demetrius Miller, who played for one of the local teams in the US trials.

Comment

Live broadcast of 3x3 world championship here:
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

USA men eliminated by Serbia, as in every 3x3 tournament. Undersized Americans were winning most of the game but couldn't get stops around the basket. Qatar--surely the only team ever to bring a naturalized player to a 3x3 tournament--is also the only team from outside Eastern Europe in the quarterfinals.

Comment

USA ladies are in the semis, but will have a tough job facing Belgium, who fields ex-WNBA center Ann Wauters and another experienced player in guard Sara Leemans.
                            Top favorite Russia erased Romania 21-8 in the quarters with more than 2' left in the game and will meet Czech Republic.

Comment

US women advance to the gold medal game after winning over Belgium 18-14.
                              Solid game of US collegians, comfortably ahead at the beginning and then pushing back surging Belgian team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information