No announcement yet.

PBA Governor’s Cup - 39th Season [2013-2014]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanmig has well rested players? i thought gaco is the only well rested player of sanmig...

Comment

• i guess sanmig will take their grand slam trophy whether this series will go in full or not. unless ros have other plans.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
        Is there a factor of a burnout? RoS and TNT having more national players than SmC ( Ping).They can win games easily in the elims but against a well funded team with good,elite and well rested players. Is that an edge for SmC? Not to discredit SmC but what if? MVP teams needs to rebuild and be busy with the right acquisition of players in the offseason and develop other players in their line up (kung meron). To the SmC fans you may react now? Don't worry you will have your grand slam in 3 or 4 games.
        SMC has played 67 games so far this season...

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
          Do you think San Mig players are not burned out especially Ping? 4 straight Finals appearance with mostly of the series reach Game 7 or Game 5 and minimal rest in between conferences.. They are more burned out than TNT and ROS.
          . In previous playoffs which teams that the Mixers have met? I don't agree that SmC are more tired and weary than this 2 teams? Again I am not discrediting their amazing run these past conferences. Appreciate if you can elaborate further. San Mig fan ka ano?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
            SMC has played 67 games so far this season...
            How many games for TNT and RoS? Most likely SmC has more games. Count that and count also the games of the players in the national team? Is that a factor? SmC no current PBA team can beat them in a series. For RoS I thought they got game 1 until James Yap happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by budz17 View Post
              a foul is a foul. on slowmo replay, it looks as if a case can be made for a no-call but in live action the call is easy to make. really, really bad judgement call.
              Not that bad. It was 50-50.

Even Yeng can't whine as much because he knows it was that close.
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                Is there a factor of a burnout? RoS and TNT having more national players than SmC ( Ping).They can win games easily in the elims but against a well funded team with good,elite and well rested players. Is that an edge for SmC? Not to discredit SmC but what if? MVP teams needs to rebuild and be busy with the right acquisition of players in the offseason and develop other players in their line up (kung meron). To the SmC fans you may react now? Don't worry you will have your grand slam in 3 or 4 games.
                As spidey said you can't use that reason because of one player: Pingris.

Clearly, if there is a more tired team it's SMC because they have been into deep runs the last year or so.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Sige na nag pre
                  Originally posted by spidey102279
                  2013 Gov's Cup they went to Game 7 beating San Miguel.. Philippine Cup they went Game 7 with Ginebra in the semis and defeat ROS in the finals. During Comm Cup. They play Alaska with Dozier as an import and went to Game 3 then they play Air21 and went Game 5 while TNT easily defeated ROS to enter the finals. I don't know what you are watching..

Comment

• TNT can use the "burnout" excuse since they have aging players. Same can not be said of ROS who has young players.

Yeng's no-star system is nearly Spurs-like but in a series you need your best player to take over sometimes... Too bad Gabe Norwood is not a superstar so they have to rely on Reid and Lee...

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

The verticality rule is in effect if the defender is in the air. But clearly, Ping already landed when Lee bump into him.
                      not sure how you know more than martinez when he himself already deemed it a foul. homer goggles, for sure you're a smc fan. congrats on the win but you can't argue that was not a foul...just call it a 50/50 judgment call instead of adamantly calling it a clear non-call coz it wasn't.

Comment

LOL did you watch while Martinez was talking about that. At first he said that Ping is vertical to the verge of saying that it was a good non call until Trillo interrupts him and said that Lee stepped back then he sing a different tune and said that if he is the referee he would call it a foul. He looks confused. He should have said that it was a 50/50 than that. Especially he is a consultant.
                        in the end though, he was firm in his stance that if it was him he would call it a foul. 50/50 is better than the point you're driving at...you are adamant that it was not a foul when you yourself are not a ref nor do you know any better than him. worse, you're a huge san mig fan just trying to defend the win of your team. they earned it sure but it would have been better if the refs just called it as it is and let lee decide the outcome with his 3 free throws.

remember the kelly shove on bowles a couple years back that led to overtime? same controversy but that was called...it was also a 50/50 call that went the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          TNT can use the "burnout" excuse since they have aging players. Same can not be said of ROS who has young players.

Yeng's no-star system is nearly Spurs-like but in a series you need your best player to take over sometimes... Too bad Gabe Norwood is not a superstar so they have to rely on Reid and Lee...
                          Gabe tried last night but we all know what happened. An ill advised forced 3...
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

They are trying to do what the ESPN coverage of the NBA are doing. They insert Perry Martinez to explain controversial call like what Steve Javie was doing. The only problem is the PBA coverage especially Trillo are interrupting Martinez while he was talking unlike the ESPN coverage who let Steve Javie finished first what he is saying before they talk..
                            I think it is a good addition to the broadcast but Perry Martinez needs to improve a lot in his delivery. The stammering, repeating of phrases and being confused or unsure is somewhat annoying. I guess he's just nervous and not used to it yet

I agree with you though that Perry was very confusing in that last play. He should have just corrected himself or said something like "I didn't notice Lee stepping back, and because you (Trillo) mentioned it I think it should be a foul".. Rather than make the audience think his whole statement was supporting his claim that it was a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              Gabe tried last night but we all know what happened. An ill advised forced 3...
                              He always tries. That jumpshot deserts him at the most crucial time. Hopefully none of our opponents watches these games because they'll see he has a broken jumper

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• total minutes played this season so far:

pingris - 2095
                                devance - 1937
                                barroca - 2049
                                simon - 1799
                                yap - 1787

norwood - 1401
                                chan - 1452
                                lee - 1439
                                belga - 1218