Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mogo
    Hi! HT133
    I was there too and took your sons picture.Because very pretty!!
    I was volunteer at the WC so found your son

By the way will Harun play at play-off of 2.TBL??

Welcome Mogo, Konichiwa. My son had his picture taken a lot at the WC which he found unnerving to start with and then fun. Glad you support Turkey and hope to see you at the WC in 2010, perhaps you can be a volunteer then too as they will need Japanese speakers there too.

Comment

Originally posted by sony
      Hi "HT133", yeah our National Team and also we are lucky to have great sportsman like Harun Erdenay and I think you were (and are) so lucky to have spent time with them in WC, too.I strongly wish I could go to Spain this year for EC to see National Team and be with them in matches Maybe my prays will be accepted
      Thanks Sonay, you never know, if the NT players stop fighting over you perhaps you will get to spend some time with them!

We will not be able to go to Spain either as my son goes back to school at the end of august and I doubt it will be on TV so we will have to rely on friends with DVD recorders and the internet.

Hope all the exams went well and you can relax now, and Muse too. My brother in law is at Uni in Ankara and just finishing his exams then coming here to Singapore on Friday for 10 days for a holiday. He is working so hard, he will probably just want to sleep but his nephews will have other plans for him!

Comment

Hi! mktackabery and sony.
        Im sorry I couldnot take many picture because the organization forbad volunteers taking player's pictures or autographs. Sorry... I like Engin very much.He is nice guy! I hope to watch again his play someday...
        We want to see you here and other threads more "mogo".

It's bad for you and us not having possible good pictures from Japan but anyway, as we talked before, we are more tended to rely on the professional photos

We couldn't watch Engin and his team in America but we have a wonderful fan, Michelle, there, so even though we can't watch him live, Michelle gives us all and more infos about him. We hope that he will play next year and after for Efes Pilsen in Turkey

See you.

Comment

Originally posted by HT133
          Thanks Sonay, you never know, if the NT players stop fighting over you perhaps you will get to spend some time with them!

We will not be able to go to Spain either as my son goes back to school at the end of august and I doubt it will be on TV so we will have to rely on friends with DVD recorders and the internet.

Hope all the exams went well and you can relax now, and Muse too. My brother in law is at Uni in Ankara and just finishing his exams then coming here to Singapore on Friday for 10 days for a holiday. He is working so hard, he will probably just want to sleep but his nephews will have other plans for him!
          They don't listen to me "HT133", I really try to say to them not to fight but, they are like Haislip

I suggest to unite our forces in order to go to Spain for EC. We can handle the school thing too "HT133", don't worry Like they said in ekşisözlük "Gelin Canlar Bir Olalım (like "Let us unite people" ). But if this is not going to happen, then I have to find a friend like yours

The exams are over but for me having 3 exams in a day was horrible, I was not in a good mood, and the result was not good for me too as I have a great flu right now

See you.

Comment

Welcome on board, mogo .

By the way will Harun play at play-off of 2.TBL??
            There's a link which says he will: http://www.ajansspor.com/haber/165196

According to the article, Harun says: "İTÜ fights to be promoted to TBL again, and my father said I'd be of great help to the team in this goal. So, I had my player's licence renewed. But I won't be playing in the regular season. I'll be on court for the play-off games only. I won't continue with the next season, either."
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

You know I have downloaded most of the games....and I think I have seen Heather's sons a couple of times when they showed crowd reactions....let me look for them, I will put them all in a clip if I find them.

And to stay ontopic...Harun is one of the main reasons why I started liking basketball....best Turkish player ever for me.
              ________
              HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER REVIEW
              Last edited by Spike; 04-15-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                Welcome on board, mogo .

According to the article, Harun says: "İTÜ fights to be promoted to TBL again, and my father said I'd be of great help to the team in this goal. So, I had my player's licence renewed. But I won't be playing in the regular season. I'll be on court for the play-off games only. I won't continue with the next season, either."
                First of all, I want to apologize for not focusing on the real and prominent subject of the thread.

Secondly, I just found the news about Harun Erdenay's comeback to ITU while searching some news and infos about him on net. It's so nice to hear that a great sportsman makes us happy with his decision

Comment

Welcome on board, mogo .

Thank you sony, sariss
                  I read this article @ superspor.com.But I dont know the system of Beko ligi and 2.TBL.How many team will play at play-off?Because I read ITÜ is not first or secound place at 2.TBL.
                  I talked with Harun at bus or other place.He is very gentle man so I want to know how was he as a player.Thanks to this forum.

Comment

Erdenay Still The Same in TB2L playoffs

Legendary Turkish scorer Harun Erdenay who is in charge of Turkish national team and TB2L side ITU as a team manager, came back to courts for his team's post season games and led ITU to victory over FMV Isikspor, coached by his former team mate Orhun Ene who is another popular icon in Turkish Basketball. Erdenay received only 18 minutes of playing time in Game 2 but totally added 17 points, 3 assists and 2 boards to help his side win the game and tie the play off series at 1. Next game will be played on Tuesday and the winners will advance to next round in TB2L playoffs.

eurobasket.com
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Erdenay Still The Same in TB2L playoffs

Legendary Turkish scorer Harun Erdenay who is in charge of Turkish national team and TB2L side ITU as a team manager, came back to courts for his team's post season games and led ITU to victory over FMV Isikspor, coached by his former team mate Orhun Ene who is another popular icon in Turkish Basketball. Erdenay received only 18 minutes of playing time in Game 2 but totally added 17 points, 3 assists and 2 boards to help his side win the game and tie the play off series at 1. Next game will be played on Tuesday and the winners will advance to next round in TB2L playoffs.

eurobasket.com
                      Wow, that seems really special sariss, what was the fan reaction to Erdenay's return?
                      Michelle Tackabery
                      Tackabery Chronicle
                      Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
                        Wow, that seems really special sariss, what was the fan reaction to Erdenay's return?
                        Special does not cut it... he is the MJ of Turkey (except he can't defend like MJ)... if he only could be avreage defender he would be probably one of the first European superstars in the NBA. His offensive skills were and are still legendary. 6-3 off-guard who could jump out of the gym. Great great great shooter and penetrator...(I can't stop repeating it but I heard it first hand from a guy who witnessed it...in his early ITU days in training he would switch to his left hand and make threes with nearly the same ease)
                        Too bad he had to suck at D so much...

Comment

Originally posted by parso
                          Special does not cut it... he is the MJ of Turkey (except he can't defend like MJ)... if he only could be avreage defender he would be probably one of the first European superstars in the NBA. His offensive skills were and are still legendary. 6-3 off-guard who could jump out of the gym. Great great great shooter and penetrator...(I can't stop repeating it but I heard it first hand from a guy who witnessed it...in his early ITU days in training he would switch to his left hand and make threes with nearly the same ease)
                          Too bad he had to suck at D so much...
                          what, a great player who didn't go to Carolina? parso, I'm shocked at you . . .
                          Michelle Tackabery
                          Tackabery Chronicle
                          Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
                            what, a great player who didn't go to Carolina? parso, I'm shocked at you . . .
                            Good point ... they would have taught him some defence and the rest would be history...another UNC player tearing up the NBA

Comment

TUR - Erdenay anxious as ever for start of a major hoops event

ISTANBUL (2010 FIBA World Championship) - Not long ago at this time of year, Harun Erdenay would be gearing up for international competition as one of the finest guards in Turkey’s national team.

He played for more than a decade in the Turkey shirt, including FIBA World Championships and EuroBaskets.

At 41, Erdenay remains as enthusiastic as ever for an intense summer of basketball, only now as the team manager for Turkey.

It means that he’ll be courtside for the most important basketball tournament ever staged in his homeland later this year because the FIBA World Championship is coming to town.

In the Preliminary Round, Turkey will play in Ankara against rivals Greece, China, Russia, Puerto Rico and Ivory Coast.

Erdenay admits his competitive juices still flow.

"It's hard to sit, but time goes on,” he said to FIBA.com.

“I'm (still) excited about the event."

While Erdenay played at the 2002 FIBA World Championship in Indianapolis, helping his team finish ninth, the most dramatic game that he ever played in with his national side probably came the year before at the EuroBasket in Istanbul.

Turkey took on Germany with a place in the final at stake, and Erdenay scored 13 points in the game.

Germany were closing in on victory when Hedo Turkoglu hit a three-pointer to send the game to overtime.

Turkoglu, with time winding down in the overtime and Germany leading by one, drove in and made the decisive lay-up to shake the Abdi Ipecki stadium and put the Turks in the Final.

There was plenty of drama with Turkey at the EuroBasket last year in Poland.

Turkey won their first five games, including one against world champions Spain, but ended up falling to Slovenia in their last Qualifying Round game and then suffered heartbreak, a 76-74 Quarter-Final defeat to Greece.

It was not, Erdenay says, the end of the world.

"It won't be like revenge for us,” he said, when asked about this year’s big game in Ankara, “but more like a second round with Greece."
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information