Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIBA Worlds IBN Meet Up Thread (Sign Up Here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Worlds IBN Meet Up Thread (Sign Up Here)

For the guys who joined before, you know the drill. For the new ones, just follow this thread for more details

WHAT: IBN Pinas Meet Up
    WHEN: TBD but Group Stage Game for Philippines preferably the one when we beat-up Balkman and Puerto Rico
    WHERE: TBD (But most definitely the one with Big Screen TV and Beer)
    WHY: Heck we had viewing parties for FIBA Asia...
    HOW (MUCH): TBD but prepare at least 500 or so (covered beer and pulutan)

Suggestions are welcome so fire away with your queries or comments.

Also other rules during the meet-up:
    - Trash Talking is ENCOURAGED. So bring your best IBN persona; if you're a troll here, be a troll there and we'd just drink to it

If interested, just copy paste list below and add your IBN name:

1. Kerouac
    2. Aragon
    3. DT
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

What's the name of the bar where we caught the FIBA Asia Cup game against China, the one along Pioneer? Cubao or Eastwood would be good, too, but one can expect Padi's Point or Kuwagos to be full of fans around that time.

Very important, though, that the place has a smoking area.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
      What's the name of the bar where we caught the FIBA Asia Cup game against China, the one along Pioneer? Cubao or Eastwood would be good, too, but one can expect Padi's Point or Kuwagos to be full of fans around that time.

Very important, though, that the place has a smoking area.
      For The Road, i think. The one beside it has big screen too, a pizza place i forgot the name.

i'm leaning towards that as well because it's way cheaper than say Skinny Mikes (although it's a more classy place) or other big name restobars.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

I think Grilla along C5 (Eastwood) is a good option too. They promoted and showed FIBA Asia Championships at their place last year.

1. Kerouac
        2. Aragon
        3. DT
        4. sickcurtain_16
        Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Originally posted by sickcurtain_16 View Post
          I think Grilla along C5 (Eastwood) is a good option too. They promoted and showed FIBA Asia Championships at their place last year.

1. Kerouac
          2. Aragon
          3. DT
          4. sickcurtain_16
          Grilla is already closed. I can suggest Kwagos inside Eastwood instead.
          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Grilla is already closed. I can suggest Kwagos inside Eastwood instead.
            Talaga? Close na pala. Sige, Kwagos.

Comment

I have a suggestion, a number of IBN's are going to Seville, you should ask one or two of them to actually "Facetime" with your group during the game. Maybe we can even ask Smart to throw in the broadband connection during the event. "that's actually a very good feel good ad for Smart" . Imagine a fan in Seville staying in touch with pinoy fans back home using SMART
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Well... PAM's KITchen will soon be opening a garden type resto here in Cainta(Vista Verde Exec Vill. to be exact). We are 15 minutes away from Ortigas. If it's not too far for you guys. We got a 52in TV that we can provide, plus the best seat in the house. Siyempre propromote ko na hehe. Pero eitherway, I'm in on this event. Would love to pay K82 and DT 2 buckets each.
                sigpic

Parties, Potluck, Meetings... No Time to Cook, Budget a bit tight. Need a catering service, food tray, or packed lunch?

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/kitchennipam

Comment

Originally posted by ArAg0n View Post
                  Well... PAM's KITchen will soon be opening a garden type resto here in Cainta(Vista Verde Exec Vill. to be exact). We are 15 minutes away from Ortigas. If it's not too far for you guys. We got a 52in TV that we can provide, plus the best seat in the house. Siyempre propromote ko na hehe. Pero eitherway, I'm in on this event. Would love to pay K82 and DT 2 buckets each.
                  Not too far from where I currently live (Libis area). Let us know when it will open para mabinyagan na namin ni DT yan
                  Keep running, big boy.

Comment

That makes Pam's Kitchen the official sponsor if this happens...

And you know what the set-up is when there are sponsors...

Kidding, let's talk about this.

Just a few issues/clarifications:
                    + 15 minutes away from Ortigas means 1 hour away with traffic right?
                    + is there a smoking room/tables
                    + Would the budget mentioned be enough?
                    + Is it open in the wee hours of the morning? Should Philippine sched fall in those ungodly hours of 2/3AM would it be ok?

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Not too far from where I currently live (Libis area). Let us know when it will open para mabinyagan na namin ni DT yan
                      Yup! 2 tumbling na lang yan. hehe Sure, will post it here.

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      That makes Pam's Kitchen the official sponsor if this happens...

And you know what the set-up is when there are sponsors...

+ 15 minutes away from Ortigas means 1 hour away with traffic right?
                      + is there a smoking room/tables
                      + Would the budget mentioned be enough?
                      + Is it open in the wee hours of the morning? Should Philippine sched fall in those ungodly hours of 2/3AM would it be ok?
                      And you know what the set-up is when there are sponsors... - I have no clue whatsoever. Next question please?

+ 15 minutes away from Ortigas means 1 hour away with traffic right? - Give or take, 45 minutes with traffic.
                      + is there a smoking room/tables - It's a garden set up, so no problem.
                      + Would the budget mentioned be enough? - Enough to cover a meal, a bucket(or more), and pica pica.
                      + Is it open in the wee hours of the morning? Should Philippine sched fall in those ungodly hours of 2/3AM would it be ok? - Proposed closing time would be midnight, but if the schedule would be in the morning, I don't see any reason why we can't extend.
                      sigpic

Parties, Potluck, Meetings... No Time to Cook, Budget a bit tight. Need a catering service, food tray, or packed lunch?

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/kitchennipam

Comment

Yup! 2 tumbling na lang yan. hehe Sure, will post it here.

And you know what the set-up is when there are sponsors... - I have no clue whatsoever. Next question please?

+ 15 minutes away from Ortigas means 1 hour away with traffic right? - Give or take, 45 minutes with traffic.
                        + is there a smoking room/tables - It's a garden set up, so no problem.
                        + Would the budget mentioned be enough? - Enough to cover a meal, a bucket(or more), and pica pica.
                        + Is it open in the wee hours of the morning? Should Philippine sched fall in those ungodly hours of 2/3AM would it be ok? - Proposed closing time would be midnight, but if the schedule would be in the morning, I don't see any reason why we can't extend.
                        Great stuff! Let's talk more as the Worlds draws near, hopefully we break the record set during the first IBN Meet Up at Greenbelt (i believe, totaled to around 12 though am not sure of the official number.)

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

uy. if it's along Cainta, much better for me.

Comment

I'm more inclined with the Eastwood Libis (area)....
                            miss u guys..mwah mwah chup chup!!!

1. Kerouac
                            2. Aragon
                            3. DT
                            4. sickcurtain_16
                            5. saints13
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

DT, balita ko maganda daw ang TV sa Airforce One. Sagutin mo na "pulutan"

1. Kerouac
                              2. Aragon
                              3. DT
                              4. sickcurtain_16
                              5. saints13
                              6. lovejones

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information