PBA Commissioner’s Cup - 39th Season [2013-2014]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Same type of injury, how? Shoulder as well?

Curious that you said that because it was Lee who ***unintentionally*** sent the import to the floor.
    hahahaha! I saw that one too and it's really an accident. LOL

Last edited by Tobslerone; 04-10-2014, 05:51 AM.
    Ako si ma4ma before. Naging simple na lang po ako.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      they go all filipino on friday and let howell rest. if worst comes to worst they can get replacement import.
      From what I heard, TNT is signing Kirk Long to be a replacement import. That's shooting two stones with one bird: TNT doesn't get penalized for playing without an import and Kirk Long realizes his dream of playing professional basketball here.

Of course, I am kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoisiah View Post
        From what I heard, TNT is signing Kirk Long to be a replacement import. That's shooting two stones with one bird: TNT doesn't get penalized for playing without an import and Kirk Long realizes his dream of playing professional basketball here.

Of course, I am kidding.
        can TNT enlist douthit as their temporary import? because if they'd bring in new import, it might imperil the chemistry of the team.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          can TNT enlist douthit as their temporary import? because if they'd bring in new import, it might imperil the chemistry of the team.
          douthit is too tall, 6'9 is the limit

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            only the last two placers of the last conference are allowed to field an import that's taller than 6'9.
            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
              The nba doesnt have any problem with it and the pba basically has the same league schedule. They even play more counting playoffs. I know those are super athletes but pba teams only play an average of 2 games a week and do not travel. We even have the luxury of practicing and preparing earlier than most countries coz they have nba players who play til june.
              the USA team have palyers named Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and so on.... They can afford practicing for 2 weeks and still dominate.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                the USA team have palyers named Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and so on.... They can afford practicing for 2 weeks and still dominate.
                They line up 4 tune up games. Mostly americas teams.
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Gp still loses but this is what we want to see from them..fighting til the end. Howell wasnt with tnt though so its still a tough loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                    I dont think they practice together during the nba season.

Comment

Gp still loses but this is what we want to see from them..fighting til the end. Howell wasnt with tnt though so its still a tough loss.
                      TNT still got lucky..
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Gp still loses but this is what we want to see from them..fighting til the end. Howell wasnt with tnt though so its still a tough loss.
                        0-8 this confy for coach Pido for his first PBA coaching stint...he'll make this GP a better team in Govs Cup by trading some of his players!!
                        Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryotek View Post
                          0-8 this confy for coach Pido for his first PBA coaching stint...he'll make this GP a better team in Govs Cup by trading some of his players!!
                          I'll give Pido one more conference. if globalport still sucks, I'll say ticzon did a better coaching job. too bad, pido undermines the confidence of his players, instead of building them up.

Comment

• Sorry for the change in topic. I didn’t really care on commenting on it when it happened as we all know the all star events (dunk competition ) are all just for fun with winning being insignificant.
                            But I can’t help but think that the assessment of the judges on degree of difficulty was flawed. Look at these 2 dunks, I think Guevarra’s dunk was scored a perfect 10, while Jap’s dunk got a mere 8 ?

Anyone who understands physics and the athleticism required to execute Jap’s dunk as compared to Guevarra’s . will know that Japs one is significantly more difficult.
                            Guevarra’s one step take off point was inside the restricted circle and his jump direction was towards the ring, making his dunk basically one motion through his legs into a dunk, basically it required minimum vertical and horizontal height and length (for hang time) to execute.
                            While Jap’s dunk was two foot take off meaning it restricted his horizontal length, with one foot outside the circle. Jumping and turning in the reverse direction (restricting height) and then a counter move to bring in back to slam it in. (similar to George in game dunk of the year)
                            Anyone who knows the game and the degree of difficulty of one over the other would rate Jap’s dunk over Guevarra
                            But I guess the voters are so used to seeing Jap dunk, and really don’t understand the degree of difficulty of his dunk (I don’t think any other Filipino could execute that) , and were surprise of newbee Guevarra who got the nod . (BTW heaps of Filipinos can do a between the leg dunk like he did)
                            Sorry for the long post, just wanted to write about it
                            Last edited by analyzed; 04-11-2014, 10:15 PM.
                            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• A win by the BEERMEN this afternoon will formalize their entry to become the 2nd team to take the twice to beat advantage in their series...

Big crowd on Sunday as Alaska faces peoples champions Barangay Ginebra.... 15k crowd and majority 70 - 30 disparity cheers for Ginebra

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                Sorry for the change in topic. I didn’t really care on commenting on it when it happened as we all know the all star events (dunk competition ) are all just for fun with winning being insignificant.
                                But I can’t help but think that the assessment of the judges on degree of difficulty was flawed. Look at these 2 dunks, I think Guevarra’s dunk was scored a perfect 10, while Jap’s dunk got a mere 8 ?

Anyone who understands physics and the athleticism required to execute Jap’s dunk as compared to Guevarra’s . will know that Japs one is significantly more difficult.
                                Guevarra’s one step take off point was inside the restricted circle and his jump direction was towards the ring, making his dunk basically one motion through his legs into a dunk, basically it required minimum vertical and horizontal height and length (for hang time) to execute.
                                While Jap’s dunk was two foot take off meaning it restricted his horizontal length, with one foot outside the circle. Jumping and turning in the reverse direction (restricting height) and then a counter move to bring in back to slam it in. (similar to George in game dunk of the year)
                                Anyone who knows the game and the degree of difficulty of one over the other would rate Jap’s dunk over Guevarra
                                But I guess the voters are so used to seeing Jap dunk, and really don’t understand the degree of difficulty of his dunk (I don’t think any other Filipino could execute that) , and were surprise of newbee Guevarra who got the nod . (BTW heaps of Filipinos can do a between the leg dunk like he did)
                                Sorry for the long post, just wanted to write about it
                                it did not help that those who scored the dunks, cannot dunk. anyway, its not really that important.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information