PBA Commissioner’s Cup - 39th Season [2013-2014]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    It will be intresting to see how they can squeeze it next year, since 2 new teams will be paraded plus Fiba Asia will be next year with a spot to qualify for the olympics.
    it'll be a challenge..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Remember beyond 2015 FIBA will have a different qualifying set-up... Even NBA is not spared because of the year-round qualification process...
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
        Remember beyond 2015 FIBA will have a different qualifying set-up... Even NBA is not spared because of the year-round qualification process...
        The new format will be effective around 2017.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          The new format will be effective around 2017.
          With a new cycle so virtually beyond 2015...

Anyway, if sched is problematic now so much more with the new system.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• TNT is still undefeated. Thanks to superb rebounding play by ROS import. LOL
            Ako si ma4ma before. Naging simple na lang po ako.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
              Ive always said that given the success of Gilas, they are now a fixture in the country. The PBA has to adjust to them or face bad press. The set up now will lead to injuries and overburn for our players. It worked during the first year, but imagine when Pingris, De Ocampo, Norwood, Castro and Chan play basketball all year round with no rest?

Plus add to the fact, we are adding 2 teams to the league, meaning more games to be played, the schedule then becomes more cramped.

Logic says to scrap the third conference, lets see if the PBA gives in.
              The nba doesnt have any problem with it and the pba basically has the same league schedule. They even play more counting playoffs. I know those are super athletes but pba teams only play an average of 2 games a week and do not travel. We even have the luxury of practicing and preparing earlier than most countries coz they have nba players who play til june.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                The nba doesnt have any problem with it and the pba basically has the same league schedule. They even play more counting playoffs. I know those are super athletes but pba teams only play an average of 2 games a week and do not travel. We even have the luxury of practicing and preparing earlier than most countries coz they have nba players who play til june.
                While NBA players play more games, it's a different dynamic and situation all together. The main difference is the NBA players really get a legitimate "off season" summer to rest or work on their game. For teams that go deep in to the finals they have basically 3 months off (July to Sept) for half of the teams that don't make the playoffs it's 5 months off (May to Sept). Regardless if your playing 4 games a week as compared to just 2 games a week, doesn't really change what it means for the player's body, it both scenarios their both active in season. the less games that PBA teams play in a week is made up for having to practice. (note many NBA teams don't even have practice sessions in the middle of regular season). Basically what I'm saying is the PBA long season matched with an international season is really dysfunctional from a physiological development standpoint. It will really burn out a player if done year in and out. and has no time for rest or working on a players game.
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Qualifying games for 2019 wont be during the NBA off-season....

Comment

• Games on friday:

1st game:

Meralco faces a barako bull team on its back and a must win game for them.. For Meralco, having a place for the number 3 to number 6 seed is their aim.

2nd game:

Top meets bottom as TNT goes against already eliminated Global Port side.

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                      Games on friday:

1st game:

Meralco faces a barako bull team on its back and a must win game for them.. For Meralco, having a place for the number 3 to number 6 seed is their aim.

2nd game:

Top meets bottom as TNT goes against already eliminated Global Port side.
                      TNT import bug again... hope Howell is OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                        TNT import bug again... hope Howell is OK.
                        they go all filipino on friday and let howell rest. if worst comes to worst they can get replacement import.

sigpic

Comment

they go all filipino on friday and let howell rest. if worst comes to worst they can get replacement import.
                          but what's d official status of howell?

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                            i dont know the latest status but his injury is i think similar to paul lee.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                              No need to know his health. By the way, IF and that is a big IF... when TNT moves on to the semifinal round regardless of what will happen from thereon Mr. Richard Howell will bag the Best Import of the conference.

Comment

i dont know the latest status but his injury is i think similar to paul lee.
                                Same type of injury, how? Shoulder as well?

Curious that you said that because it was Lee who ***unintentionally*** sent the import to the floor.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information