2014 Philippine U18 National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Philippine U18 National Team

Hey guys, 2014 is fast approaching and our new U18 team will hopefully play.

I wonder if Thirdy will still be qualified to play for the team? i know kobe will still be.

i hope tito thoot's son is still qualified for the team.

or will it be the 2013 U16 team who will play?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

From our previous 2011 RP under 16 team, those still eligible are 6-8 Isaac Go, Radge Tongco, Jordan Heading and Henry Asilum.

Thirdy Ravena is just 17 and of course Kobe Paras is shoo-in.

From our 2013 under 16 team, those who have good chance of being included for next years team are, 6-6 Richard Escoto, 6-2 Baby Rice Inc. Mike Nieto, 6-1 Paul Desiderio, 6-1 J. nieto, 5-10 Jolo Mendoza, 6-3 backup center Abacede, 6-1Mike DelaCruz and 6-0 Shooter Jose Go IV.

Other in consideation should be 17 yo UP forward 6-4 Andrei Paras and 6-5 Ust bigman and member of Asian beach Games 3on 3 Mike Ramirez. There is also 16 year old 6-7 reed thin Stanley Rangel .

From our Fil Foreign pool, hope 6-2 PG Tito Thoots son Erese, 6-4 Raniel Navarro, the Fil-Greek player and Analyzed 6-5 Prodigy whose name escapes me.

With proper training, we have a solid pool capable of making it to theworld championships.

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
      From our previous 2011 RP under 16 team, those still eligible are 6-8 Isaac Go, Radge Tongco, Jordan Heading and Henry Asilum.

From our 2013 under 16 team, those who have good chance of being included for next years team are, 6-6 Richard Escoto, 6-2 Baby Rice Inc. Mike Nieto, 6-1 Paul Desiderio, 6-1 J. nieto, 5-10 Jolo Mendoza, 6-3 backup center Abacede, 6-1Mike DelaCruz and 6-0 Shooter Jose Go IV.

Other in consideation should be 17 yo UP forward 6-4 Andrei Paras and 6-5 Ust bigman and member of Asian beach Games 3on 3 Mike Ramirez. There is also 16 year old 6-7 reed thin Stanley Rangel .

From our Fil Foreign pool, hope 6-2 PG Tito Thoots son Erese, 6-4 Raniel Navarro, the Fil-Greek player and Analyzed 6-5 Prodigy whose name escapes me.

With proper training, we have a solid pool capable of making it to theworld championships.
      You already said it. Raniel Navarro. The fil-greek
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

wow kids are getting taller now eh? I just hope they would be released by their schools.This really looks good, I didn't see any guy below 6 feet.I just hope these kids would grow taller.

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        I also think there's another kid from New Zealand, Analyzed mentioned somewhere if i am not mistaken.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          wow kids are getting taller now eh? I just hope they would be released by their schools.This really looks good, I didn't see any guy below 6 feet.I just hope these kids would grow taller.

I also think there's another kid from New Zealand, Analyzed mentioned somewhere if i am not mistaken.
          The one who i think tries out with FEU?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            Yup there's another Fil-Nz player mentioned by Analyzed, the 6-5 Pg.

Comment

Now a question..

Will SBP form a new team for u-18? Or still the same core from u16 with additions from possibly thirdy, kobe and jozef? Knowing the situation from UAAP and NCAA. The world u17 will be played by the 4th week of june to 1st week of july. The same date that UAAP and NCAA season starts. hope they'll move a bit to pave way for the boys.

sigpic

Comment

there's a news that SBP officials sat with colleges and university leagues to move their schedules prior to the U17 world championships
                Change has come

Comment

i want to see tito thoots son play for the U17 next year... there are players in the current u16 that have not been getting good minutes in the recent tournament but it would be unfair for them to be replaced... i hope SBP will solve this problem soon... thirdy is eligible? nice...

Comment

Yup there's another Fil-Nz player mentioned by Analyzed, the 6-5 Pg.
                    Just to clarrify Ken from NZ is just 6'2 to 6'3" which was measured when he was 15 yrs old (4 months ago) , 6'5" is just his projected growth when he reaches his maturity (around 18 yrs old)
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      Just to clarrify Ken from NZ is just 6'2 to 6'3" which was measured when he was 15 yrs old (4 months ago) , 6'5" is just his projected growth when he reaches his maturity (around 18 yrs old)
                      6-2/6-3 PG is already huge by RP standards, with Josef Erese and Ken as our point guard , we definitely will have size at 1. My question though is that, being this two kids, trained in Aus and NZ scientific and fundamental basketball, will they be able to orchestrate RP "barabara" systematized chaotic basketball.

Comment

Isaac Go is 6'8? He was only 6'5 not long ago.

Comment

6-2/6-3 PG is already huge by RP standards, with Josef Erese and Ken as our point guard , we definitely will have size at 1. My question though is that, being this two kids, trained in Aus and NZ scientific and fundamental basketball, will they be able to orchestrate RP "barabara" systematized chaotic basketball.
                          Before the semi-pro experience, before the weights training, a year ago vs one of the top U18 teams in Brisbane (Div 1). This is why he went straight to semi-pro and leapfrogged everyone in his Brisbane age group...

Jozef playing "bara- bara" Filipino style basketball. .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vREQn4ZIT0

How will he do against the same team now? .... they won't even play him...

Comment

Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                            Isaac Go is 6'8? He was only 6'5 not long ago.
                            I think what he mean is 6 to 8 players from the U-16 team not 6'8 Isaac Go..but who knows he might grow up as a 6'8 guy someday. I'm really curious about the Stanley Rangel kid who stands 6'7 and the 6'2 Ken from NZ who plays as a point guard.I just hope we see a lot of kids who have the body and the potential to be great basketball players someday.
                            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
                              Before the semi-pro experience, before the weights training, a year ago vs one of the top U18 teams in Brisbane (Div 1). This is why he went straight to semi-pro and leapfrogged everyone in his Brisbane age group...

Jozef playing "bara- bara" Filipino style basketball. .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vREQn4ZIT0

How will he do against the same team now? .... they won't even play him...
                              Barabara Bball is innate in Filipinos. So am pretty sure Tito Thoots has got that covered.
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information