Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
    They become wives so fast these days..
    Yes. Their single mindedness in pursuit of the gold is often rewarded.

Last edited by Hepcat; 10-03-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Well, obviously all Lithuanian basketball elite - Sabonis, Marčiulionis, Kurtinaitis, Kazlauskas- wants Balčiūnas to go. Kazlauskas thinks he's resposible for the article (look macleopard13's post) that basketnews.lt posted durring Eurobasket. Obviously no-one will prove that and I doubt very much Balčiūnas was ordering that article It was an opinion, simple opinion, which by the way was very common at that time when was posted, IMO.

More over, Guoga openly said that Kazlauskas wanted to control the media, censor all the articles related to the NT. He thought that the head of the NT (Sabonis?) must have this right. When I read that, I can openly say - do whatever you want Mr. Kazlauskas. With medals or without, but I want our NT to be free and not some authoritarian circle.

That famous, "offensive" article basically said one key point - our NT is playing slow, ugly basketball and the coach is to blame. At that time it was true and actually coach is always and anywhere to blame. I don't understand why the hell Kazlauskas is so insulted. That's everyday supper for any coach. Obviously Kazlas spend to much time in China and maybe had too much negative experience as a coch generally. You can't leave NT just because of one harch artical released at the time when your team really sucked. All this story is kinda sad.

As I see it, Kazlauskas and Sabonis simly burn out emotionally and that old rivalry with Balčiūnas also made a role. Kazlauskas simly can't deal with the job emotionally, that was seen all the time.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Well, obviously all Lithuanian basketball elite - Sabonis, Marčiulionis, Kurtinaitis, Kazlauskas- wants Balčiūnas to go. Kazlauskas thinks he's resposible for the article (look macleopard13's post) that basketnews.lt posted durring Eurobasket. Obviously no-one will prove that and I doubt very much Balčiūnas was ordering that article It was an opinion, simple opinion, which by the way was very common at that time when was posted, IMO.

More over, Guoga openly said that Kazlauskas wanted to control the media, censor all the articles related to the NT. He thought that the head of the NT (Sabonis?) must have this right. When I read that, I can openly say - do whatever you want Mr. Kazlauskas. With medals or without, but I want our NT to be free and not some authoritarian circle.

That famous, "offensive" article basically said one key point - our NT is playing slow, ugly basketball and the coach is to blame. At that time it was true and actually coach is always and anywhere to blame. I don't understand why the hell Kazlauskas is so insulted. That's everyday supper for any coach. Obviously Kazlas spend to much time in China and maybe had too much negative experience as a coch generally. You can't leave NT just because of one harch artical released at the time when your team really sucked. All this story is kinda sad.

As I see it, Kazlauskas and Sabonis simly burn out emotionally and that old rivalry with Balčiūnas also made a role. Kazlauskas simly can't deal with the job emotionally, that was seen all the time.
        are you working for balciunas too like that basketnews writer? in the middle of the tournament write such things that kazlauskas is bad in coaching and not letting to play players their game and that all national team problem is kazlauskas and such article destroys kazlauskas in front of players eyes in middle of the tournament...but one week later that uselees coach leads our team to silver...or you working for balciunas or you simply dont undersatnd anything about game of basketball.Balciunas has bad relations with all big names in our basketball...those people built our basketball who the hell that clown balciunas is on the first place? because of him we are loosing names that made our basketball? If that clown after this scandal wont write resingning paper he is not a person,just simple burocrate that all he cares is money...those sabonis,kazlauskas,kutinaitis they care about lithuanian basketball future because they builted it ! our basketball icons said it loud and clear today balciunas must go away...
        Last edited by Shawshank; 10-02-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

What a royal cluster fuck! And this is after a Silver! Can you imagine the implosion that would have transpired had Team Lietuva gone down earlier?

Any way you slice it though, this can't be good for Lithuanian basketball. Who would even want the job of picking up the pieces now?

Comment

I don't know, Balciunas seems to be a sketchy fellow. He apparently went on trial with Marciulionis about something and lost. He accused Marciulionis of personal ambitions in LKF or some other. Then, he was arrested for illicitly using municipal funds for reconstruction of a hotel, and was acquitted.

If so many members are suddenly leaving, something's going on. Kazlauskas, Sabonis, Guoga and P. Motiejunas are leaving, while Marciulionis and Kurtinaitis feel that an internal conflict exists. If so many people are leaving, that's a red flag.

Read this last year's article: http://www.alfa.lt/straipsnis/150534...2-08-27_16-28/

Marciulionis experienced a similar type of criticism last year. We need to pay close attention to Balciunas. Maybe he is the reason for this conflict?

Comment

From the article for which you gave a link:

Originally posted by alfa.lt
              Nepatenkinti Lietuvos krepÅ¡inio federacijos (LKF) veikla Å arūnas Marčiulionis, Rimas Kurtinaitis, Jonas Kazlauskas, Tomas Pačėsas, Darius Maskoliūnas ir kiti ketina kelti klausimus organizacijos vadovams. (Unhappy with the workings of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation Å arūnas Marčiulionis, Rimas Kurtinaitis, Jonas Kazlauskas, Tomas Pačėsas, Darius Maskoliūnas and others are urging that questions be raised with the organization's leadership.)
              Given the list of Lithuanian basketball notables unhappy with LKF leadership including Sabonis, Kazlauskas and company, I think it's pretty clear that Mindaugas Balčiūnas must shoulder some of the blame for engendering conflict with the other parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
                I don't know, Balciunas seems to be a sketchy fellow. He apparently went on trial with Marciulionis about something and lost. He accused Marciulionis of personal ambitions in LKF or some other. Then, he was arrested for illicitly using municipal funds for reconstruction of a hotel, and was acquitted.

If so many members are suddenly leaving, something's going on. Kazlauskas, Sabonis, Guoga and P. Motiejunas are leaving, while Marciulionis and Kurtinaitis feel that an internal conflict exists. If so many people are leaving, that's a red flag.

Read this last year's article: http://www.alfa.lt/straipsnis/150534...2-08-27_16-28/

Marciulionis experienced a similar type of criticism last year. We need to pay close attention to Balciunas. Maybe he is the reason for this conflict?
                Real also this article.

Naujienų portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, videonaujienos, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau.

I don't know how true the statement "Balciunas is evil" is, but Kazlauskas was criticized by some LKF members after the game against Serbia. It's obvious there is smth wrong there and it's not good for our basketball. Remember what happened to this year's Russian NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  Real also this article.

Naujienų portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, videonaujienos, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau.

I don't know how true the statement "Balciunas is evil" is, but Kazlauskas was criticized by some LKF members after the game against Serbia. It's obvious there is smth wrong there and it's not good for our basketball. Remember what happened to this year's Russian NT.
                  So I see now: it's Garastas and co (including Balciunas and Vainauskas) vs. Sabonis and co (including Kazlauskas and Guoga). Just like Democrats vs. Republicans here in the States... Unfortunately, Lithuanian basketball is becoming more like politics and less like sport.

Here's the conflict between Balciunas and Kazlauskas:

While Kazlauskas and his Greek team got on the podium in Katowice in 2009, LKF were partying in the same city. But no one from the LKF came to congratulate him.

"We are criticized by such dilettantes. Everyone needs to know their place," said Balciunas.

"Whoever finished LKKA should work in the sports field. Whoever studied math should stick with math, and whoever studied physics - stick with physics. You understand what I'm talking about?" Balciunas asked rhetorically.

It seems that LKF wants J. Kazlauskas, a man with a math diploma, to leave the world of basketball.
                  Last edited by macleopard13; 10-03-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Now, here's the latest interview with Motiejunas regarding all the resignations and the reasons behind it. For me it is quite clear - Balciunas must go. Otherwise we get to see Pacesas as a head coach and don't believe he is good enough coach. No, scratch that, actually I don't think he IS a good coach.
                    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

So I see now: it's Garastas and co (including Balciunas and Vainauskas) vs. Sabonis and co (including Kazlauskas and Guoga). Just like Democrats vs. Republicans here in the States... Unfortunately, Lithuanian basketball is becoming more like politics and less like sport.
                      Guoga is an asshole and gloryhunter, don't put his name near to Sabas. Guoga would sell his ass to anyone and change his opinion/position million times if only he would have some benefit of it

Overall, Lith bball made one step forward, but then took two steps back this year... And it might get way worse in the future.

Originally posted by lafa View Post
                      Now, here's the latest interview with Motiejunas regarding all the resignations and the reasons behind it. For me it is quite clear - Balciunas must go. Otherwise we get to see Pacesas as a head coach and don't believe he is good enough coach. No, scratch that, actually I don't think he IS a good coach.
                      God forbid from Pacesas in NT, unless it's LT streetball one (if we have such)

Comment

Here's the conflict between Balciunas and Kazlauskas:
                        Guoga is just an opportunist using all this publicity to advertise himself. Read Motiejunas interview and what he thinks about Tony G.
                        People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

Originally posted by lafa View Post
                          For me it is quite clear - Balciunas must go. Otherwise we get to see Pacesas as a head coach and don't believe he is good enough coach. No, scratch that, actually I don't think he IS a good coach.
                          While it does seem pretty clear to me that Balčiūnas is not the right man for the LKF, why are you connecting Tomas Pačėsas with Balčiūnas? And why do you dislike Pačėsas as a coach? And is Pačėsas now not the only viable alternative since Rimas Kurtinaitis has said he isn't interested in the job?

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          God forbid from Pacesas in NT, unless it's LT streetball one (if we have such)
                          Doesn't Lithuania always field teams in the FIBA 3-on-3 basketball tournaments?

Last edited by Hepcat; 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Well it does seem pretty clear to me that Balčiūnas is not the right man for the LKF, why are you connecting Tomas Pačėsas with Balčiūnas? And why do you dislike Pačėsas as a coach? And is Pačėsas now not the only good alternative since Rimas Kurtinaitis has said he isn't interested in the job?

Doesn't Lithuania always field teams in the FIBA 3-on-3 basketball tournaments?

They does. I meant typicall 5 on 5 streetball, like the one in US Rucker park f.e., where you run and gun without too much thinking, Pacesas would suit such team perfectly as he knows shit about tactics, but loves to scream and fire up players with phrases like "shoot the ball blet". He might make impression to kids with that, but nobody will give a shit about his screamings in NT level like nobody gave too much shit in club level.
                            Kurtinaitis is the only serious Lith option, respectable coach with knowledge, but he doesn't want to go back to this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                              They does. I meant typicall 5 on 5 streetball, like the one in US Rucker park f.e., where you run and gun without too much thinking, Pacesas would suit such team perfectly as he knows shit about tactics, but loves to scream and fire up players with phrases like "shoot the ball blet". He might make impression to kids with that, but nobody will give a shit about his screamings in NT level like nobody gave too much shit in club level.
                              Kurtinaitis is the only serious Lith option, respectable coach with knowledge, but he doesn't want to go back to this mess.
                              if kurtinaitis wont change his mind federation most likely will go to pacesas.But i can say even know he is definetely not better as a coach than kazlauskas,but maybe he is better for this group of people ? But there were some members who was saying that kemzura and kazlauskas is hard on youngsters...so pacesas will not even shout on them but even insult them after bad moments...For softer players by character like kuzminskas and valanciunas pacesas isnt the best coach.If kazlauskas looked as discipline and demanding coach,pacesas gonna go almost until fight with you if you wont do what he says But we have only 4 coaches that have level to coach our national team. 2of them kazlauskas ir kemzura already worked so its basically kurtinaitis/pacesas now or foreigner but i doubt it will happen soon that foreigner will take over this position.

Comment

Softer player by character Valančiūnas? How come?
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information