No announcement yet.

Slovenian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In today's Ekipa Smodis said he met with Pipan yesterday but didn't make any decision yet. Today he will meet Pipan once again and he will make final decision. I guess Smodis demanded some things and Pipan took a day to think if he will accept those demands. Like Matiz said, Smodis is the key. If he won't play, we won't be competitive at all.
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

regarding fans low bball IQ, i was saying it regarding the forums i used to read... from my perspective most of those know as much about bball as I do about baseball...

Originally posted by elaj
      Probably, but guess what... we are playing with our rules.
      actually it's a bit funny, but the whole world plays with the same rules...
      and why exactly should we even take into consideration the rules changed in order to sell more jerseys.... beyond my IQ, sorry
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
        What is wrong in Slovenia? For years always some of the best players will not play for the NT. I am understand some players when they play 5-6 years in the NT in the row and will have a rest. We must see it also so, that some of the players have a tournament with the NT every year. And perhaps it would be better to play the EC all 4 years and not all 2 years.
        also... I managed to actually find this interview with bball federation president Šešok in mladina newspaper...
        I hope you won't be mad if I don't translate this part, I think you'll understand it anyway:

V zadnjih letih se je pojavil problem, ko klubi ne pustijo svojih igralcev igrati v reprezentanci. Matjažu Smodišu, Ivici Jurkoviću, lani Urošu Slokarju klubi niso dovolili nastopati za reprezentanco. Kaj ste storili, da bi naši reprezentanti vseeno lahko nastopali? Kaj sploh lahko storite kot predsednik košarkarske zveze?

Tu nekih možnosti žal sploh nimamo. Fiba je organizacija, ki nima vpliva na te klube. Mislim celo, da je šlo za dogovor med trenerjem CSKA Messino, rusko federacijo, grško federacijo in CSKA-jem.

Zakaj pa grška federacija?

Ker je predsednik grške federacije George Vassilakopoulos tudi predsednik evropske Fibe. Ve se, da smo igrali z Grki v isti skupini, in ve se, da je Matjaž Smodiš najboljša četvorka v Evropi. Mislim, da so se zadeve odločale na tej relaciji, ker je zanimivo, da je trener Ettore Messina ruske košarkarje pustil na evropsko prvenstvo, našega Smodiša pa ne. Moram reči, da je to podlo, umazano, ker smo tako ali tako majhni in se potem veliki, kot so Italija, Grčija in Rusija, izživljajo nad nami.
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

There could be some truth in that what Zakaj said, but i don´t think that is 100% true. But on the other side i am asking me as he also did, why all russian players of CSKA were allowed to play for Russia and Papaloukas for Greece and only not Smodis. Now we can say that Smodis and Papaloukas are the most important players for CSKA. But why they never say to Papaloukas please stay away from the NT this summer?

But it starts a little bit like in the NBA in europe. Teams wants that players get a rest in the summer and not play for the NT. But at the end the decison has to bring the player and nobody could stop him to play for the NT if he real wants it.

Comment

I read an interview with Šešok, the president of the Slovene bball association:
            Prav je, da ob koncu košarkarske sezone, ki je bila v marsičem zgodovinska (prvi nastop članov na SP, dvojna krona košarkarjev Heliosa...) svojo oceno poda tudi predsednik košarkarske zveze (KZS) Dušan Šešok.

Finally somebody said it clearly and loudly:
            Pri članih se znova vrstijo odpovedi, o katerih najbrž nimate dobrega mnenja. Bi lahko v negativnem smislu koga izpostavili poimensko?

Za mene je največji negativni primer Saša Vujačič. Fant je s 15 leti odšel v Italijo mimo pravil, saj smo mu izdali dovoljenje, tako imenovani "letter of clearence", zaradi tega, ker so šli starši tja delat. Spustili smo ga v upanju, da se bo kdaj odzval reprezentančnemu vabilu, danes pa nima niti toliko volje, da bi dvignil telefonski aparat. Selektor Pipan ga je namreč klical vsaj 20-krat. To je moralno nesprejemljivo! Poglejmo na primer v Nemčiji primer Dirka Nowitzkega, multimilijonarja, velezvezdnika in najboljšega igralca lige NBA, ki vedno pravi, da se je košarke naučil v Nemčiji in bo zanjo vedno igral. Ali pa Tonyja Parkerja v Franciji...
            I think he should be totally ignored from now on, like he never existed. I also suggest him to start looking for another citizenship, maybe the USA's or Serbia, or from where he or his parents originate.

Comment

Vujačič probably thinks he touched the "god's genitals" by warming the bench with Lakers...

he'll come begging for an NT appearance when he gets fired by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                he'll come begging for an NT appearance when he gets fired by them.
                and I would love to be a president of the KZS at that moment.

Comment

I know why Vujacic doesn't pick up the phone. I bet he just doesn't know which excuse to tell Pipan this time. I agree with you. He should never get invited again and all media should stop reporting about him like he is slovenian.
                  "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Matjaž Smodiš confirmed that he is going to join the NT for the European Championship 2007.

Comment

Matjaž Smodiš confirmed that he is going to join the NT for the European Championship 2007.
                      Indeed great news
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

finally, he is one of the best PF's in Europe, no wonder we could use him

Sani on the other hand said in his blog he'll reconsider if he'll play or not, due to the long schedule.

confirmed, not officially known yet, missing

C: Nesterovič, E. Lorbek, Brezec
                        PF: Smodiš, Tušek, Slokar, Golemac, Jurak, Zupan?
                        SF: Maravič, Jagodnik, D. Lorbek, Dončič, Nachbar, Milič
                        SG:, Bečirovič, Joksimovič, S.Udrih, Ožbolt, Vuja...who?
                        PG: B. Udrih, Lakovič, Dragič, Čapin
                        Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 06-19-2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Marko Maravič declined to join the NT because of his left foot injury. SF position looks terrible.

Comment

Marko Maravič declined to join the NT because of his left foot injury. SF position looks terrible.
                            I hope Preldžič would be willing to play in senior NT after the U20. it's better to give Preldžič and Klobučar some experience than wasting the spot with an average players.

looks like 3 guards on court will be a reality... nevermind we're stuck at C/PF, compared to guard positions, while there is no SF anyway The only thing i'm sure of is that right now Domen Lorbek just got himself a 100% place on the NT roster.

Comment

I agree about Preldzic...he is far better option for this team than Maravic and Jagodnik in the first place...nothing against Jagodnik but he is a scorer and we have enough of them.

My ideal 12 players would be:
                              C: Nesterovic, Slokar
                              PF: Smodis, E.Lorbek, Tusek/Vidmar (depends on motivation of Tusek...Vidmar might be better as he would want to prove more...like Jankunas in Lithuania few years ago)
                              SF: D.Lorbek, Preldzic
                              Guards (better to write it this way): Lakovic, B.Udrih, Becirovic, Dragic, Capin/S.Udrih

This would be nice combination of leaders (Nesterovic, Smodis, Becirovic, Lakovic and B.Udrih), "experienced" youngsters (Slokar, E.Lorbek, D.Lorbek and Dragic) and newcomers wanting to prove and learn (Preldzic and Vidmar)...hierarchy would be pretty clear and that is quite important for team spirit and also in the end...result.

Comment

list of 15 NTers announced

C: Radoslav Nesterovič, Erazem Lorbek
                                PF: Matjaž Smodiš, Uroš Slokar, Gašper Vidmar, Željko Zagorac
                                SF: Goran Jagodnik, Domen Lorbek, Emir Preldžič
                                SG: Sani Bečirovič, Samo Udrih, Jaka Klobučar
                                PG: Jaka Lakovič, Goran Dragič, Aleksandar Čapin

reserves in case of injuries: Sandi Čebular (?), Smiljan Pavič, Hasan Rizvič, Miha Zupan

Beno Udrih won't come... while his brother Samo is waiting for his recovery after the surgery, if it succeds he'll be there (reportedly)

Unlike the previous NT's this one doesn't have half as much depth.
                                One great lineup, with Erazem Lorbek and Slokar coming off bench along with some youngsters-at least those will be motivated.
                                Zagorac is undersized, and I don't like Čebular being on the reserves lists either. I'm glad Pipan selected the Slovan's youngsters though I hope they'll be well incorporated into the team, because all 4 (i included Dragič) have the talent to contribute to some extention in a system that would allow them that.

It'll be tough assuming where this team would end up in the end, but even if they won't manage to do something big a refreshment was imho needed and this time I think NT has the chance to come up with a clear hierarchy- something that was badly missing in previous years imho, since now it's clear Rašo, Smodiš, Sani and Lakovič have to carry this team, while in the past I think Pipan had to big of a choice of good (but not great) players and didn't want to favour anyone. That's our chance, I hope they'll manage to use it.
                                Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 06-22-2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information