No announcement yet.

[Quarter Finals] Game 81/A: Lithuania - Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas had bad game yesterday but stopped already ...He is young player and not ready to be the men of the team,he is just too young kazlauskas too said that.He is very talented,but all of his 4 games of 1/4 (Macedonia,puerturico,russia,italia) so far were disasters its shows he is not strong mentally...he was scared yesterday and couldnt find his place on the floor.But that stronger mentality its comes with such games experience.Lets say Motiejunas case he is diferent cat,he was not affraid even in his first 1/4 game.Jonas has softer character and in such do or die game you have to be ready to fight and Valanciunas is not that kind of player.But put all blame on 21 years youngster not fair.Who cares that he had bad game WE WON THE GAME.Today i know Jonas and Linas both gonna play better.Same happend with Kuzminskas his character are soft too.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-20-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Enjoyable game, fun to watch!

Congrats LTU for W... since Italy put a lot of effot to came back and at the end of 3rd most of the "momentum" was for Italy.

Really unexpected to me seing Italian Big man(s) (??big??) being able to overcome, or al least limit, LTU bigs.

At the same time LTU guards were better than Italian ones, even if I think less talent for LTU guards.

Kalnietis really controlled the game from the beginning. Seibutis and Pocius killed it with super shots. Maciulis only usefull thingk, the usual "bull".

Aradori got insulted (too) much on Italian forum.. .but he deserved most of that: completely out of the game, and in the final 2 minutes not only he did damages.. but also bad chioces consecutively going for a layup instead of threes... it was hard to win anyway.. but that chioces made it impossible.

I think LTU can win again against CRO.

Let's now hope ITA will qualify for Spain2014:
      starting five Hackett - Belinelli - Gallinari - Datome - Bargnani
      bench Diener - Cinciarini - Gentile - Aradori - Polonara - Cuccarolo (or Melli) - Cusin

sounds good
      EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• BTW... after such an effort.. playing UKR @14:30 sounds cruel
        EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Madmax, do you understand that nobody f**kin cares, how JV played in the NBA? We need that he'd deliver now! Did he do that? Nope, he sucked BIG time. He need more time, you say? How much? 30,40minutes? You think, that after sucking for 39 minutes, he'll begin to do miracles in that last one minute? We don't need that! Either you play consistently well, or you are sitting on the bench. That's the advantage of having 6 big guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
            Valanciunas had bad game yesterday but stopped already ...He is young player and not ready to be the men of the team,he is just too young kazlauskas too said that.He is very talented,but all of his 4 games of 1/4 (Macedonia,puerturico,russia,italia) so far were disasters its shows he is not strong mentally...he was scared yesterday and couldnt find his place on the floor.But that stronger mentality its comes with such games experience.Lets say Motiejunas case he is diferent cat,he was not affraid even in his first 1/4 game.Jonas has softer character and in such do or die game you have to be ready to fight and Valanciunas is not that kind of player.But put all blame on 21 years youngster not fair.Who cares that he had bad game WE WON THE GAME.Today i know Jonas and Linas both gonna play better.Same happend with Kuzminskas his character are soft too.
            I hate to bring facts into your little story, but I don't see how getting 7 pts 3 reb 2 stl in the QF makes Motiejunas mentally tougher than Jonas getting 7 pts 9 reb 1 bs in 16 minutes in the QF vs Russia, or 3 pts 6 reb 1 st 2 bs in the QF vs FYROM at the age of 19 under the biggest pressure imaginable, playing at home.

Jonas' biggest problem is that he is given superstar level expectations from the fans and experts but a benchwarmer level trust from the coach. If you expect a player to perform well every night you have to trust him. Everybody is going to have bad stretches during games, even the most important ones. For example : Spanoullis at this years Euroleague finals, didn't score a point in the 1st half. Did the coach bench him for the rest of the game ? No, he trusted him to get out of his slump and he scored 21 in the 2nd half, and won the title.
            Last edited by Listas; 09-20-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Listas View Post
              I hate to bring facts into your little story, but I don't see how getting 7 pts 3 reb 2 stl in the QF makes Motiejunas mentally tougher than Jonas getting 7 pts 9 reb 1 bs in 16 minutes in the QF vs Russia, or 3 pts 6 reb 1 st 2 bs in the QF vs FYROM at the age of 19 under the biggest pressure imaginable, playing at home.

Jonas' biggest problem is that he is given superstar level expectations from the fans and experts but a benchwarmer level trust from the coach. If you expect a player to perform well every night you have to trust him. Everybody is going to have bad stretches during games, even the most important ones. For example : Spanoullis at this years Euroleague finals, didn't score a point in the 1st half. Did the coach bench him for the rest of the game ? No, he trusted him to get out of his slump and he scored 21 in the 2nd half, and won the title.
              your example is so funny with spanulis and valanciunas that there is no need to talk here.If you compare experience lion like spanulis with scared youngster valanciunas in important game,you show your understanding of basketball.Yeah kazlauskas is idiot he should kept player on the floor that was making damage for our team yesterday both on defence and on offence too,because our newspapers said valanciunas is star...

Comment

• Originally posted by Listas View Post
                For example : Spanoullis at this years Euroleague finals, didn't score a point in the 1st half. Did the coach bench him for the rest of the game ? No, he trusted him to get out of his slump and he scored 21 in the 2nd half, and won the title.
                Your example is a load of crap, and you know why? Did you know how many guards Greece had in this EB? If you didn't I'll tell you - 4, and those guys were Spanoulis, Zissis, Sloukas, Bramos, while Bramos quite often played SF, so Greek coach pretty much had 3(!) guards for 2(!) positions. While in our NT there's no need to try keeping some big in game just because sometime down the stretch he'll start playing well, no - you remove one player and put another in and see if this other player does a better job. No, he doesn't? Here you go, we have another one! Actually we have a whole bunch of those over here on a bench. I hope you see my point...
                People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
                  Seibutis, Maciulis, Kalnietis and Pocius combined for 58 points... i wonder if that will ever happen again....
                  Originally posted by baelor View Post
                  Kalnietis, Maciulis, Pocius and Seibutis were amazing. I had no idea that we would see a great game from all of these four in one match. Truly great.
                  Originally posted by radallo View Post
                  At the same time LTU guards were better than Italian ones, even if I think less talent for LTU guards.

Kalnietis really controlled the game from the beginning. Seibutis and Pocius killed it with super shots. Maciulis only usefull thing, the usual "bull".
                  These four fellows were indeed absolutely magnificent yesterday!

Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                  Root of our problems is lack of second pg.
                  And that's what worries me in today's game against Croatia. The four of them together played 116 minutes out of a possible 120 minutes at the one, two and three positions yesterday. Kalnietis himself played 37 minutes. They'll get tired out if they have to put in that much time on the court again today. Mindaugas Kuzminskas must absolutely, positively overcome his jitters today so that he can take some of the load off Jonas Mačiulis in particular. And hopefully Tomas Delininkaitis will be able to contribute some productive court time to spell Kalnietis.

Comment

• without stamina in the last quarter we played very well for 20-25 minutes,but lituania was too strong in every aspect of the game at the end...

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                      Not the first time Maciulis is pissed at someone for no reason as well
                      Yes. Mačiulis can perhaps be a bit too willing to express his unvarnished opinion on the court:

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information