Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you consider their experience and age ( around 25) the cadets Belo, Parks, Wright among others can't really be described as young inexperienced national team prospects. For all intent of purposes these guys are actually in the prime of their careers and arguably top 5 wings in the country already. There really is no , mga bata pa yun. Now if you add Romeo and Rosario , then hell that's essentially the best of Filipino basketball at the wings already.
    I admit the best big and PG are Junmar and Castro. but other than the 2 , the guys I mentioned above is whose who in Filipino basketball.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Hopefully, 5 yrs from now, we can have this lineup in our cadets --

6'11 - Kai Sotto (main stretch 4 but I consider this kid a PF/C)
      6'10 - Ethan Kirkness (main C but can be considered a traditional international stretch 4 so he is also a PF/C)
      6'11 - Aj Edu (main SF, but I consider this kid as the athletic type PF so he is a SF/PF/C player)
      6'5 - Kobe Paras (main SG but I consider this kid an SF type player so he basically is an SG/SF player)
      6'4 - William Navarro* (main PG but I consider this kid an SG so he is a PG/SG/SF player)

*Yup, I am still hopeful that the kid will flourish. otherwise, he wasted his time coming back to the Philippines (as far as playing basketball is concerned, as I believe his reason for returning back is mainly for education). He had some promise over there in Greece, and he will surely be trained more and be expose to more competition there, which would have forced him to evolve faster and better.

this lineup is freaking great for a cadet team

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
        Hopefully, 5 yrs from now, we can have this lineup in our cadets --

6'10 - Ethan Kirkness (main C but can be considered a traditional international stretch 4 so he is also a PF/C)
        6'11 - Aj Edu (main SF, but I consider this kid as the athletic type PF so he is a SF/PF/C player)
        6'5 - Kobe Paras (main SG but I consider this kid an SF type player so he basically is an SG/SF player)
        6'4 - William Navarro* (main PG but I consider this kid an SG so he is a PG/SG/SF player)

*Yup, I am still hopeful that the kid will flourish. otherwise, he wasted his time coming back to the Philippines (as far as playing basketball is concerned, as I believe his reason for returning back is mainly for education). He had some promise over there in Greece, and he will surely be trained more and be expose to more competition there, which would have forced him to evolve faster and better.

for me,
        after 5 years these 2 plus ramos should be in the elite seniors already not in the cadet.
        Kobe Paras
        Edu

my core cadet team 2022 plus their ages and max projected heights:
        Sotto - 20 yo - 7'4"
        Kirkness - 20 yo - 7'2"
        Carl Tamayo - 21 yo - 6'9"
        Rhayyan Amsali - 21 yo - 6'6"
        Belangel - 23 yo - 6'0

Navarro should belong to this batch in 3 years
        Baltazar
        Aquino
        Clemente
        Sinclair
        Pangalangan
        I.Go
        Carino
        Tibayan
        Gozum
        Melecio
        R.Rivero
        E. Serrano
        and Some others from 2016 U18 batch

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
          Hopefully, 5 yrs from now, we can have this lineup in our cadets --

Well, he's leaving SBC for Ateneo. Hopefully a coach like Tab can maximize his talents like he did with Isaac Go.

Comment

• Well, he's leaving SBC for Ateneo. Hopefully a coach like Tab can maximize his talents like he did with Isaac Go.
            Forget Isaac Go, he made Vince Tolentino and Mike Nieto serviceable. But that happened due to a combination of Coach Tab's coaching ability and the kids' willingness to learn/work hard. Notice that the guys he gave a lot of playing time to seem to be the ones who have most embraced his system.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
              Forget Isaac Go, he made Vince Tolentino and Mike Nieto serviceable. But that happened due to a combination of Coach Tab's coaching ability and the kids' willingness to learn/work hard. Notice that the guys he gave a lot of playing time to seem to be the ones who have most embraced his system.
              isaac go during batang gilas days was kinda soft but coach tab transformed him and toughen him up. that was awesome. same with tolentino and nieto. Mike neito was also transformed by tab. that admu team is very tough. i'm excited how tab will transform sotto and chiu into what isaac go and mike nieto is now.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Just looking at the pool players - who are cadets , i think we've discoved some servicable players

PG- Jio, Talomia (Keifer when available)
                SG- Pogoy , Wright
                SF Belo , (Parks when available)
                PF: Bryan Cruz , Troy (TNT) ( Hermoso when available)
                C Almazan, Tuatuaa ( back-up naturalize)

This way the reliance on PBA vet call-ups ( Japeth , Junmar, Romeo , Castro, Abueva) & Blatche is not heavily dependent
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• I hope it will be the National Teams practice next time, to form a team for the SEAG where the age of players is between 18-20, and they will be allowed to play the SEAG up to 22 only.
                  We started the practice of playing all amateurs in 89 ba? with the age of players between 20-24, and it helped elevate our players' game for years to come.
                  I think, it is high time to start the playing age requirement for seag to 18-20 for next SEAG's batch, and availability to play until 22 only.
                  With this in mind, I think, 7 years from now, the national team will be a lot stronger.

I also believe that it is high time that we bring in the cadets for the Jones cup during non-qualifying years, and the age of players should be 20-23 years old only.

So we will have 18 years old boys trained to play against older competition in SEAG, and by the time he is 20, an opportunity to play much stronger competition in the Jones Cup until he is 23, while playing in the SEAG until he is 22. Imagine how strong that kid can be!

Comment

• With the addition of new cadets:

Paras
                    Jose
                    Ravena
                    Christian Stan..

to reinforce
                    Jio
                    Wright
                    Pogoy
                    Belo

I've got to admit that's a very talent respectable "batch" of cadets , it's definitly better than Gilas 1 to me.

Comment

• ^
                      If you consider Troy, Almazan , `and Amer as cadets- that's indeed a good 10 man group

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                        SBP should form a pool for gilas cadets for SEABA and SEAG.

Here's mine

Matt Aquino (NU)**
                        Kmark Carino (SBC) included gilas 5.0??
                        Ken Holmqvist (FEU) included gilas 5.0?
                        Justine Baltazar (DLSU) *
                        Wilson Baltazar (UE)
                        Ben Adamos (SBC)
                        Leonard Santillan (DLSU) *
                        Jon Jon Gabriel (CDSL)
                        Christian Fajarito (CSB)
                        Raymar Jose (FEU) included gilas 5.0?
                        Arvin Tolentino (FEU)
                        Jayvee Mocon (SBC)
                        Sidney Onwubere (EAC)
                        Jerwin Flores (AU)
                        Michael Calisaan (SSC-R)
                        Jett Manuel (UP)
                        Rey Nambatac (letran)
                        Kent Salado (AU)
                        Robert Bolick (SBC)
                        Ricci Rivero (DLSU)
                        Thirdy Ravena (ADMU)
                        Jolo Mendoza (ADMU)
                        Paul Varilla (UE)
                        Aaron Black (ADMU)
                        Mac Tallo (SWU)
                        Paul Desiderio (UP)
                        Wendell Comboy (FEU)

are these players eligible?
                        Manganti (AdU)
                        Ahaminsi (AdU)
                        Tuffin (FEU)

*under Danding
                        **Sy

(If they allowed.lolz)
                        I'm only speaking for the ADMU players,but given the players you listed, I would also consider Mike Nieto. Guy is hardworking, and knows how to adapt physically and mentally to any role given to him.

Comment

• ^
                          UAAP won't be conflict with SEA games right? but NCAA will?

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            With the addition of new cadets:

Paras
                            Jose
                            Ravena
                            Christian Stan..

to reinforce
                            Jio
                            Wright
                            Pogoy
                            Belo

I've got to admit that's a very talent respectable "batch" of cadets , it's definitly better than Gilas 1 to me.
                            Solid as it may seem, the pool lacks height with only Chris Stan around 6-8 and with the injury of Belo and Escoto, frontline is definitely decimated. What more with the release / or continued absence of AVO. It would be definitely prudent to add to the lineup for Jones Cup , Mo Tautuaa and either the Smiths, Greg or Joshua. Jones Cup will serve as try out for the Smiths as our naturalized player and between Mo and Stan as our backup ineligible player. Besides we need both Stan and Mo, with Stan as our reinforcement for Gilas Seniors in Lebanon and Mo.as our naturalized player for SEAG. Di kakayanin ni Stan.to play for both Asia Cup and SEAG.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              ^
                              UAAP won't be conflict with SEA games right? but NCAA will?
                              yes..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                                Solid as it may seem, the pool lacks height with only Chris Stan around 6-8 and with the injury of Belo and Escoto, frontline is definitely decimated. What more with the release / or continued absence of AVO. It would be definitely prudent to add to the lineup for Jones Cup , Mo Tautuaa and either the Smiths, Greg or Joshua. Jones Cup will serve as try out for the Smiths as our naturalized player and between Mo and Stan as our backup ineligible player. Besides we need both Stan and Mo, with Stan as our reinforcement for Gilas Seniors in Lebanon and Mo.as our naturalized player for SEAG. Di kakayanin ni Stan.to play for both Asia Cup and SEAG.
                                As the Jones cup is held in mid July, I know this might sound so premature, but one potential big to give exposure to however young is AJ Edu, mid July is still feasible for his schedule (summer holiday), mid August the SEA games is medyo Malabo with his school schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information