This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    Personally i would include Almazan in the pool, to have another active big to practice with, it's a win win situation he get's better and the pool members get to practice with an additional big
    well, if chot would like to, that wouldn't be a problem since he is from Rain or Shine, who is an ardent supporter of the National Team..

it would really benefit if we would have something similar to the USA select team.. a team composed of your superstars and would scrimmage against the seniors national team.. that team could be composed of:

Forward/Centers
    Ian Sanggalang
    Raymond Almazan
    Rabeh Al-Husseini
    Noy Baclao
    Justin Chua

Forward/Wings
    Mac Baracael
    Dylan Ababou
    Nico Salva
    Aldrech Ramos
    Calvin Abueva
    Allein Maliksi

Guards
    Justin Melton
    Mark Barroca
    Alex Nuyles
    RR Garcia
    Terrence Romeo
    Jeric Teng
    Chris Tiu
    JV Casio

this select team could be the future..

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
      well, if chot would like to, that wouldn't be a problem since he is from Rain or Shine, who is an ardent supporter of the National Team..

Forward/Centers
      Ian Sanggalang
      Raymond Almazan
      Rabeh Al-Husseini
      Noy Baclao
      Justin Chua

Forward/Wings
      Mac Baracael
      Dylan Ababou
      Nico Salva
      Aldrech Ramos
      Calvin Abueva
      Allein Maliksi

Guards
      Justin Melton
      Mark Barroca
      Alex Nuyles
      RR Garcia
      Terrence Romeo
      Jeric Teng
      Chris Tiu
      JV Casio

this select team could be the future..
      it would really benefit if we would have something similar to the USA select team.. a team composed of your superstars and would scrimmage against the seniors national team.. that team could be composed of:
      I like this idea just like what Team USA is doing they choose 24 young superstars and seperate them in equal teams and top 12 players will have a scrimmage against the national team

Comment

I still think the naturalized spot is for Marcus to lose, if Blatche can't impress and demonstrate his suitability in the tune-up games, then Gilas will go with the tried and tested Marcus. Even if this means replacing Blatche at the last minute and paying the fine for replacements. BTW Filwelsh are u interted in watching the tune-up games in france and italy?
        ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Comment

I still think the naturalized spot is for Marcus to lose, if Blatche can't impress and demonstrate his suitability in the tune-up games, then Gilas will go with the tried and tested Marcus. Even if this means replacing Blatche at the last minute and paying the fine for replacements. BTW Filwelsh are u interted in watching the tune-up games in france and italy?
          Sent you a private message, sir. Just let me know if i could be of any help.
          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
            Sangalang will not be of help anyway. He is small for his position internationally. He is too weak. Too slow. He cant even bend his knees and squat. He is always standing straight. He does not have a reliable mid-range shot. He has slow release. He cannot jump. Poor dribbling. Slow passing. He is just a smaller and younger version of YDO. In short, as good and talented as he is, locally, his game will not translate outside the country. Unlike Slaughter, This kid is not a loss for the national team for now.
            Actually Sanggalang is an intelligent player, i see a bit of a Kerby Raymundo in him. It is not bad to add him at least as a reserve since we already are minus two. To replace gReg and Lasiter, I hope it will be Sanggalang and Almazan or better yet Ray Parks Jr. These will be a good training ground for them and international exposure.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
              Actually Sanggalang is an intelligent player, i see a bit of a Kerby Raymundo in him. It is not bad to add him at least as a reserve since we already are minus two. To replace gReg and Lasiter, I hope it will be Sanggalang and Almazan or better yet Ray Parks Jr. These will be a good training ground for them and international exposure.
              Chot just tweeted:

Really wanted him for GILAS
              Means there was something preventing him to join. I guess we all know what that is already

Comment

• Originally posted by engwan View Post
                Chot just tweeted:

Means there was something preventing him to join. I guess we all know what that is already
                If you realise the implications of that finding, it just makes Greg’s excuse all the more absurd.
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• there are 2 wildcards who i can think off, the can potnentially be significant upgrade from the original 12, one is obviously blatche, the 2nd one is........
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

there are 2 wildcards who i can think off, the can potnentially be significant upgrade from the original 12, one is obviously blatche, the 2nd one is........
                    Damn this is tough... Jordan Clarkson? :P I know he is not eligible :P who this might be?

Comment

there are 2 wildcards who i can think off, the can potnentially be significant upgrade from the original 12, one is obviously blatche, the 2nd one is........
                      Lee?
                      Dillinger?
                      Or matthew wright?
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• It is Dillinger I guess...
                        Laban Pilipinas! UTAK!!!

Comment

• Nathan Peavy I think his out for the rest of his life of basketball. Alex Franklin, he will be opening on the league, he suffered a bad injury too, so I wish the best for him.
                          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

• Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
                            Nathan Peavy I think his out for the rest of his life of basketball. Alex Franklin, he will be opening on the league, he suffered a bad injury too, so I wish the best for him.
                            That's very sad and unfortunate. Peavy was a very good player and I enjoyed watching him in 2010. Best wishes for Franklin's fast recovery.
                            GILAS WISHLIST:
                            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• SEN - Sene: "There are no underdogs in Group B"

ANTIBES (FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Senegal's center Saer Sene disagrees that his country along with the Philippines are the underdogs of Group B of 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, which also includes Croatia, Greece, Argentina and Puerto Rico.

For Sene, Senegal's 41st place in the FIBA Ranking Men, behind the Philippines (34th), does not necessary mean that both teams are to be trounced.

"They should not rule us out. There are no underdogs in this group because are all at same level," the 2.11m big man told FIBA.com.

The teams that finish in the top four of each group qualify for the next round, and Sene says he will do everything he can to take Senegal beyond Sevilla, where Group B action takes place.

"People keep saying that Croatia, Greece and Argentina are the strongest teams in the group. I'm afraid but I disagree. There is no such thing in a tournament of this dimension, because of the high competitiveness involved.

"It is not only between Senegal and the Philippines to compete for the last two places in the group. There are no unbeatable teams in our pool," Sene explained.

Rehabilitation underway

But before Sene puts his views into practice, he needs to be physically ready.

The 28-year-old, who led Senegal in rebounding with 6.7 boards and averaged 1.2 blocks per game at AfroBasket 2013, hurt his left knee while playing for Antibes in France's top flight last November, and he has been inactive since.

But as he says, his rehabilitation "is going well" and he hopes to "return in May, on time to join the national team preparations."

"I have been working very hard from Monday to Saturday. I have already started to run, lifting weights, I have been doing cardio and I have lost weight," he said.

As for chances of wearing the Senegalese jersey at Spain 2014, the Pikine-native is adamant that he can contribute.

When he got injured, he spoke to Senegal head coach Cheikh Sarr who wished him a good recovery.

Mindset change needed

Prior to the 16-team African Championship in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire last summer, Senegal - along with Nigeria - were the tallest team, and were rated as favourite to lift the trophy.

And, as the competition moved on, Sene and Co believed they could claim their first continental title since 1997.

But, all of a sudden, expectations changed when they fell to Egypt in the Semi-final.

Senegal secured one of the three places on offer for African teams for the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup thanks to a 57-56 win over hosts Cote d’Ivoire in the Third-Place Game.

Now, Sene says, they must do things differently in Spain 2014.

"I still feel bad when I think about the Semi-Final loss. We made a big mistake to underestimate Egypt as we had beaten them in the Preliminary Round," Sene recalled.

“This is no rhetoric, but we will need to come together and make it clear that we are as good as any other team in the World Cup.

"We'll need to change our mindset, develop our togetherness spirit, respect our opponents, not be intimidated, and avoid underestimating team A,B or C," said the former Oklahoma City Thunder and New York Knicks center.

Senegal will make their second appearance in FIBA's flagship event this summer. They made their FIBA World Championship debut in 2006 in Japan.

Source: http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/wcm/...9/article.html
                              Laban Pilipinas! UTAK!!!

Comment

• I just want to ask a question if anyone here know how many years Marc pingris spend in feu and in psba?In kwentong Gilas he didn't mention his stint in psba only in Feu.Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information